Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes: Energy 2.0

Music4Therapy

22 hours ago, Danjal777 said:

Madurai- every 100 points of damage dealt grants 1 energy (capped at 5 energy in one attack) the cap is increased by 5 every for every power of ten enemies you kill in one mission (10 enemies to 10 energy per hit, 100 enemies to 15, 1000 enemies to 20)  (Also +25% power str)

Wat?

Every 100 point damage grants 5 energy. Thats clear but couls you rewrite the last sentence so it makes sense?

On 17.09.2017 at 5:31 PM, redeyedtreefrog said:

Your rework doesn't touch trinity, and as such energy economy will stay exactly the same.

Before energy regeneration can even hope to be balance, we must nerf trinity, and before trinity's fanbase comes and rips me apart, yes she does need nerfed.

As you said, energy gains are mostly non-interactive, and trinity is the shining example. So long as trinity can press 2 for infinite energy, balance is doomed.

You barely ever meet ev trin in a random squad. She's useless in normal missions and the only point of her existence in the context of the current warframe is raids or specialized teams. 

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

On 9/19/2017 at 4:17 AM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

You barely ever meet ev trin in a random squad. She's useless in normal missions and the only point of her existence in the context of the current warframe is raids or specialized teams. 

She does see a lot less use then she used to prior to the release of Focus Schools, very true. Her and Loki used to be in every squad it seemed.

On 9/19/2017 at 6:45 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

Wat?

Every 100 point damage grants 5 energy. Thats clear but couls you rewrite the last sentence so it makes sense?

Sure thing:

So the idea was to keep your Madurai Tenno on the offense and reward them for that.  Due to the ability to dish out insane damage, you would have to put controls in place to keep the energy regen from becoming too extreme.

So I swing my galatine and do 5000 damage.  Instead of one attack granting 50 energy, it is capped at 5.  Three attacks later I have made 20 energy...which is still probably too steep. The last part is about being the agent of death and destruction in the longer missions.  After you get to 10 kills, the cap goes to 10 max per hit, which means as long as I am doing at least 1000 damage in a hit i get 10 energy in that hit. Suddenly four hits gives me 40 energy.  After 100 enemies, this allows for 15 energy max per hit, and at 1000 kills I'm at 20 energy a hit...which is way too much and needs to be adjusted, but it was just a concept.  

Wait, one thing to note:

Most frames abilities can kill any enemy at low level un-modded.
The reason energy is scarce when you begin the game is so you don't kill everything like its nothing.

Overall, a more interactive system to give energy would make things more interesting. But I suspect even then it could be abused without caps.

What if there were some enemies that will without a doubt drop energy? The nullifier.

14 hours ago, INight00 said:

Wait, one thing to note:

Most frames abilities can kill any enemy at low level un-modded.
The reason energy is scarce when you begin the game is so you don't kill everything like its nothing.

Overall, a more interactive system to give energy would make things more interesting. But I suspect even then it could be abused without caps.

What if there were some enemies that will without a doubt drop energy? The nullifier.

I see why you'd be suspicious and that is why I kept the energy relatively low, so if implemented it could be buffed later. 10 energy per Rampage and the number of kills you'd need to achieve Rampage (3/6/9/etc..) would be an effective nerf on our current energy gain now which is 25 energy per orb, you'd be gaining less energy overall with the new system on a per kill basis however you won't have to run around gathering energy orbs or be RNG reliant. As the system I proposed stands, you'd gain significantly less energy in bursts but you would gain a nice consistent amount via Rampage+Small passive energy regen you gain that could later be tweaked to give more or less.

However, that said, the idea of the higher tier enemies being worth more than lower tier enemies towards rampage is a solid one and definitely worth considering. If anything, it shows the flexibility of the system that you can go so many different directions with it to tweak it to something that ultimately works and creates a fun, fast paced playstyle with less overall downtime while simultaneously cutting down on the overabundance of energy issue.

Edited by Music4Therapy

Energy acquisition scaling with enemies. Would help with balancing a situation out... but I wonder how this would make Harrow users feel. You would essentially be adding to, or removing one of his abilities.

I suppose the only thing this system would remove in the game is unpredictability. Sometimes you get a burst of energy that will save your skin, others you are left running around fighting for your life. With this system you would essentially be doing mini calculations for attaining energy.

Also, I would advise against gaining energy while channeling an ability. As you said, some may abuse it, Excalibur, Ember... also it can easily be abused in the infamous Berehynia.
Energy orbs in this case should still be the go to for channel-ers. 
If a low level player wanted energy but could not kill an enemy, an energy orb would still have to be their go to.

1 hour ago, INight00 said:

Energy acquisition scaling with enemies. Would help with balancing a situation out... but I wonder how this would make Harrow users feel. You would essentially be adding to, or removing one of his abilities.

I suppose the only thing this system would remove in the game is unpredictability. Sometimes you get a burst of energy that will save your skin, others you are left running around fighting for your life. With this system you would essentially be doing mini calculations for attaining energy.

Also, I would advise against gaining energy while channeling an ability. As you said, some may abuse it, Excalibur, Ember... also it can easily be abused in the infamous Berehynia.
Energy orbs in this case should still be the go to for channel-ers. 
If a low level player wanted energy but could not kill an enemy, an energy orb would still have to be their go to.

A possible solution would be to decrease the gains you receive via Rampage while channeling if you were somehow able to use the system to just press 4 and melt through the low level waves of content, but I do believe having a system such as this would make the game MUCH more fluid instead of players being reliant upon Vacuum to suck up energy orbs that spawn based on RNG and often leave you with too much energy or no energy at all.

Currently, without Zenurik or Energy Siphon, unless you have energy pads or an energy replenishing frame in your squad you gain no energy at all if you are trying to stay in Frost's bubble for example. I don't think this is right and part of why, along with the reduced need of Vacuum and removal of RNG, I feel as though a system like this could allow for a much more fluid game.

I also feel as though there wouldn't be an overabundance of energy due to energy regen then being softcapped by enemy spawn rates. If you are killing enemies really fast, like Banshee in Bere for example, you'd get much less energy per kill as the amount of kills it takes to achieve Rampage rises.

Edited by Music4Therapy