Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requests for upcoming Focus Rework

Evanescent

1) Devote some of the tree to buffs and passives for Warframes:

This would be great for player between The Second Dream and The War Within and those that prefer Warframe gameplay. Have some cool animation too, maybe!

2) Take a look at how the focus bar fills and passives are handled:

Cooldowns feel bad in warframe. Have ways for us to speed up or fill the bar, e.g. with kills like Destiny's Super bar! Passives should always be active, not after activating the focus because then it is no longer a passive but an activated buff!

3) Introduce tag team attack combinations:

The first thing I imagined when I heard tag-team was the operator delivering an energy blast and then leaping forward into the air to seamlessly deliver an AoE ground pound as the warframe for massive damage.

That's a bit over the top, but I would like to see the operator and warframes transitioning in and out of each other mid attack in massive damage or CC combos as a result of the warrior upgrade.

This could be visceral and immensely satisfying!

There should also be ways of manipulating the warframes as the operators, such as with the unairu school,  turning the warframe into stone and making it attract all aggro in a radius as a power.

4)Take a look at Operator movement and stats:

Operators feel really sluggish and floaty to move around in. I hope they will be given proper movesets and some parkour options.

Their fragility should be addressed, directly or indirectly using powers and their warframes.

5)XP from kills made in Operator move should go directly to focus point:

This would be a boon in focus farming if our operators could become effective at damage, resembling how all waframe kills go 100% to it's own xp.

21 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Cooldowns feel bad in warframe. Have ways for us to speed up or fill the bar, e.g. with kills like Destiny's Super bar! Passives should always be active, not after activating the focus because then it is no longer a passive but an activated buff!

see SOMEONE gets it :D

well i will wait until PoE hits before i complain any more than i already have haha.

39 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

1) Devote some of the tree to buffs and passives for Warframes:

This would be great for player between The Second Dream and The War Within and those that prefer Warframe gameplay. Have some cool animation too, maybe!

2) Take a look at how the focus bar fills and passives are handled:

The first thing I imagined when I heard tag-team was the operator delivering an energy blast and then leaping forward into the air to seamlessly deliver an AoE ground pound as the warframe for massive damage.

That's a bit over the top, but I would like to see the operator and warframes transitioning in and out of each other mid attack in massive damage or CC combos as a result of the warrior upgrade.

This could be visceral and immensely satisfying!

There should also be ways of manipulating the warframes as the operators, such as with the unairu school,  turning the warframe into stone and making it attract all aggro in a radius as a power.

4)Take a look at Operator movement and stats:

Operators feel really sluggish and floaty to move around in. I hope they will be given proper movesets and some parkour options.

Their fragility should be addressed, directly or indirectly using powers and their warframes.

5)XP from kills made in Operator move should go directly to focus point:

This would be a boon in focus farming if our operators could become effective at damage, resembling how all waframe kills go 100% to it's own xp.

I think these suggestions seem pretty solid overall. Even if Operators are not supposed to be as physically athletic as our warframes, they could compensate with void energy or some skills that might be so low to them as to make them not trouble their low energy reserves. I think affinity being directly converted makes a lot of sense, considering the raw fragility of Tenno Form as an incentive, however, how would DE handle where the affinity is split to? More flow or physic teen type movement would make the Tenno mode more appealing as a combat option even if it wouldn't have direct weapon progression but how would we have progression for the Tenno themselves? Would this be from the Focus replacement?

15 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I think these suggestions seem pretty solid overall. Even if Operators are not supposed to be as physically athletic as our warframes, they could compensate with void energy or some skills that might be so low to them as to make them not trouble their low energy reserves. I think affinity being directly converted makes a lot of sense, considering the raw fragility of Tenno Form as an incentive, however, how would DE handle where the affinity is split to? More flow or physic teen type movement would make the Tenno mode more appealing as a combat option even if it wouldn't have direct weapon progression but how would we have progression for the Tenno themselves? Would this be from the Focus replacement?

On the progression:

I think archwing taught us pretty soundly that splitting progression doesn't work in warframe. There needs to be ways to tie existing forms of progression to focus for it to work,

6 hours ago, Evanescent said:

If they introduce unique combos per frame Rhino should totally have a fast ball special, Operator leaps out of frame, hops onto a Rhino's arm while it's wounded back and the Operator curls into a ball and charges themselves with void energy Rhino throws them and they explode with Void energy when they reach their location. The further the distance traveled actually increases the damage.

8 hours ago, LightningsVengance said:

If they introduce unique combos per frame Rhino should totally have a fast ball special, Operator leaps out of frame, hops onto a Rhino's arm while it's wounded back and the Operator curls into a ball and charges themselves with void energy Rhino throws them and they explode with Void energy when they reach their location. The further the distance traveled actually increases the damage.

YOU.

I LIKE YOU.

16 hours ago, Evanescent said:

That gave me a strong Arkham Knight vibe.