Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a combo reset timer revisit?

ShikiRen

So, with the Plain of Eidolon coming up, I have taken a look at all of my snipers to see which I should finally forma. My current choice is either Vulkar Wraith, or the Rubico. Designwise, I'd definitly run with the Rubico, however, it STILL has the freaking "my combo counter reset time is lower than my reload time" problem. To be able to do what other Snipers, some of them already more powerful, can do, one slot goes to waste on a primed fast hands (because Rifles do not have "reload speed + cold damage or similar mods, like secondaries have) or the mod that increases the reset time, which still makes it almost impossible to keep the counter up.

Now, I don't like the combo mechanic anyway and I'd rather have it reversed : have a permanently active buff with x stacks on it, you lose 1 stack for x seconds if you do not hit a headshot, and 2 if you miss entirely. Or make only complete misses subtract stacks but only headshots can increase the stack. I mean, seriously, sniping is about being careful when and what to hit, not trying to score as many hits as possible in the lowest amount of time possible; such a mechanic is great for shotguns or pistols, not snipers. 

But can we at least get a reasonable the combo timer on all of the snipers? Having a lower reset time than reload time is pure and utter bullS#&$. Or at least make it work like the Arca Sisco mechanic and let the buff drop of one stack at a time.

Edited by ShikiRen

Sniper need rework anyway.

Don't Rush DE, as instant Rework could mean = half-finished Rework.

Rather have DE look at Sniper (Scythes, more Weapons, WarFrames and WF's Augments). When DE get to those issues.

Yeah perhaps a [Body Count] mod like for Snipers? 

Spoiler
4 hours ago, -Bv-Qrow said:

Uhhh, this already exists. Harkonar Scope

Thanks! Noted. I forget about that mod o.o Say a lot.

Also found this Reply to be of Interest. (Sniper, Vectis Prime)

Edited by DesFrSpace