The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Screen Flare Already.

ProfessorMeeseeks

This cannot be good for the health of peoples eyes. Nova is the WORST for this. Hot pink energy colors blind people. I literally have stopped helping in defense if people constantly spam that. Why? Because it hurts my eyes and I can't see anyways. Ember is also extremely bad with this with her fire blast. For the love of God, remove this already DE. It is extremely escessive. Hell with a Nova and Ember spamming abilities, it literally is impossible to see anything but extremely bright colors. Gives me a headache. 

Your topic is wrongly stated. It should be "Give us an option to turn screen flare off" not "I DEMAND you to completely REMOVE screen flare, because I don't like it"

This.

I'm a Nova with hot pink energy, so I see this constantly. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact, I like it and I know I'm not the only one.

So you should say "Fix the option to turn it off"

The entire point of this thread is begging DE to do SOMETHING about flare. Whatever it may be. I'm not looking for arguements in this thread which you are clearly trying to start. All I'm saying is something desperately needs to be done about this.

all blinding abilities need their FX turned down abit, personally i love lighting the fuse when nova uses M Prime, its' that whole feeling of "MY GLAIVE HELPED THEM BLOW EVERYONE UP HELL YEAH!" but too many explosions on screen is where it gets really bad for my eyes lol. 

This cannot be good for the health of peoples eyes. Nova is the WORST for this. Hot pink energy colors blind people. I literally have stopped helping in defense if people constantly spam that. Why? Because it hurts my eyes and I can't see anyways. Ember is also extremely bad with this with her fire blast. For the love of God, remove this already DE. It is extremely escessive. Hell with a Nova and Ember spamming abilities, it literally is impossible to see anything but extremely bright colors. Gives me a headache. 

This post in one sentence:

"People use an ult that has bright special effects, and I don't like that, so I probably end up costing my squadmates the mission by rage-quitting like a twelve year-old."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anything above this dotted line is just Izanagi making fun of someone for stating their opinion/request in an annoying, immature manner.

Honestly, it would be nice if the effects for World On Fire and Molecular Prime in particular were made just a tiny bit less bright in the center, because it really does get hard to see anything, especially if you happen to actually be the Nova using Molecular Prime, in the middle of a bunch of enemies, as I often do when I play my sexy antimatter queen.

Well, when I think about correcting the topline too, I'm absolutely agree. It definitely kills you when it's initiated right behind you so you lose your posibility to aim without strafing for 3-4 METERS which definitely a suicide in tight situation. Also, let us not forget about jackasses who make things just to annoy others. Loki's switch in last second of leaving mission is disabled, why this shouldn't get fix? Still, the system lacks of kicks (And, personally, I think that it should remain so, we don't want to see endless kicks just for choosing "wrong" warframes), so there should be a ways to get a less-korean-can't-see-a-thing effects without modifying the client, which, I believe, restricted by ToS.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

Well, when I think about correcting the topline too, I'm absolutely agree. It definitely kills you when it's initiated right behind you so you lose your posibility to aim without strafing for 3-4 METERS which definitely a suicide in tight situation. Also, let us not forget about jackasses who make things just to annoy others. Loki's switch in last second of leaving mission is disabled, why this shouldn't get fix? Still, the system lacks of kicks (And, personally, I think that it should remain so, we don't want to see endless kicks just for choosing "wrong" warframes), so there should be a ways to get a less-korean-can't-see-a-thing effects without modifying the client, which, I believe, restricted by ToS.

.....I honestly have no clue what you're getting at. I...get the feeling you're reiterating what was already said, but in a different language, and you used Google Translate to uh...do that.

Lock intensive colors from energy and problem is solved. But some people will complain if DE does that.

I don't think something like that is necessary at all, such a change would limit an already somewhat limited color scheme customization system in a way that in my opinion is a bit draconian.

I feel it would be great if players were given to option to fine tune bloom and the flare effects or actually be able to completely disable them. Currently it appears that disabling bloom only seems to dull the overall considerably intense bloom effect.

Edited by Grand-Dozer

some people like it, some dont.

would be great if we the option to tone it down.

im sure many would agree white energy on many frames give off pretty much flashbang effect.. (white energy ember's World on Fire anyone?)

i not asking for any detailed % scaling. even rough low mid high setting would be very helpful.

I see. Well it doesn't bother me, but you're definitely right that they need an option to disable it. I have a friend that has very sensitive eyes that can't play Warframe because of it.

Edited by Yinkuji