Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Antimatter Drop is unwieldy (and here's how we can fix that)

continue

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

I would like to ask anyone that likes the hold/tap abilities to try it on a PS4, where their abilities are swipes on the touch-pad. It's not fun to do hold abilities in that method, and it's almost as bad for Xbox controllers who... I'm not sure (from the button layout) actually have a dedicated button for casting abilities, just one for selecting the ability wheel.

Food for thought.

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't like the hold-to-cycle mechanic on Ivara or Vauban due to how slow it is and the fact that you can only cycle in one direction, but I imagine it would be less tedious in Nova's case since it's not an action you would have to do repeatedly just to select something.

9 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't like the hold-to-cycle mechanic on Ivara or Vauban due to how slow it is and the fact that you can only cycle in one direction, but I imagine it would be less tedious in Nova's case since it's not an action you would have to do repeatedly just to select something.

I know you mean well, but it kinda would be. A Nova Bomb build for things like Derelict defense has you launching one of these suckers every 3-4 seconds, basically as fast as you can reload your shotgun plus the ability animation. That's why the ability can throw out such massive damage, because it's a 2 cast that can dish out 400,000 radial damage every time, meaning over 100,000 DPS (double if you MPrime) but to every single target in range of the impact area, not single target.

It genuinely is a 'how you use it' function that defines whether AMD is powerful or not, and that's what I truly love about the cast.