The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinders... grrrrr

CheeseHasLeafs

Could the grinders be changed, in some way?

They're amazingly annoying, mostly because their attacks cause you to stumble, and they're really hard to hit.

I tried to solo a mission, and ran into four of them at the start. Four of them, and a Grineer heavy. Heavies are usually no problem at all, but when you're constantly stumbling and being pounded with a Gorgon at the same time....

So could they be made easier to hit, given even less health or have the stumble part of their attack taken away?

Why didn't you just run out of the heavy's sight, lure the Grinders in, take care of them with headshots + melee, and go back to finish off the agonisingly slow Heavy. It's not really that hard, you were just unlucky I guess, not to mention playing solo. I believe they're even weaker than the regular Grineer troops if you can actually aim for their heads.

It's especially easy if you have Excalibur, Rhino or Mag. Don't get me wrong though, not trying to brag, just saying sometimes tactical retreat is a good idea :P

Edited by CapricaSix

I would have... if I could actually move....

Also, grinders are the little rolling balls. Not quite sure how you'd headshot one. I've only ever managed to melee them by 1) Accident 2) jump-melee

Balls you say? I was thinking of the shield dudes actually, didn't remember what they were called, my bad :x disregard what I've said

I wish there was a way to kill them with melee with weapons other than Fragor or Scindo. On boss runs, when you run out of ammo, there's no way to get rid of those things if you don't have one of the aoe weapons.

Try running behind them and swinging downward.

I kill ospreys by getting under them and swinging up with a sword.

But my best advice would be to just run away from them and ignore them if you can. And if you cant then run to an area where it's safe to fight them.

Grinders just need to stop staggering you, that's where the problem lies. I'm fine with a hard-to-hit enemy but it's the fact that it god damn stuns and staggers that makes it frustrating. It also needs its hitbox fixed, though, I'm pretty sure it seems to ignore about half of my bullets and my aim is not THAT bad.

Nope, they're fine. People need to stop qqing over all the new stuff. The grinders come at you in a perfectly straight line so if you can't hit them then you need to work on your aim, no offense.

but they're fast little buggers and they jump at you and stagger you :( then sometines they come in packs. Edited by Kyuzo

Nope, they're fine. People need to stop qqing over all the new stuff. The grinders come at you in a perfectly straight line so if you can't hit them then you need to work on your aim, no offense.

I've been there, thinking theyre not that much of a big deal, I changed my mind quick enough when I started farming Exta. Waves and waves of those #@*&$@s coming at you in enclosed spaces, less than what would be reasonable for aiming at something so fast and small with the ability to stagger; this would surely change your mind.

Grinders are a horrible addition to the game, they're fast, hard to hit and take away control of the player too easily.

I really hope that this trend of adding stuns to new enemies is stopping now, because the game is getting less and less fun for me.

still need a new corpus unit..... mobile hyena's with nade spam!

I think grinders would be fine if they just fixed their movement. Right now they can hit you from behind, stop on a dime, spin around instantly, and hit you again while you're still stunned from the first hit. They're little balls rolling around so they should move like it. Give them momentum and make them take some time to turn instead of changing directions instantly like they do now.

The other problem with them isn't really grinder specific, but the stun animation lasts way too long. I'm a space ninja that can run on walls and dash 100 feet instantly but this little soccer ball hits me and I stumble around like an 80 year old with arthritis for 2 seconds. How does that make sense?