Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a couple questions: splitscreen, offline mode

(XBOX)EntrTheLight

Hello, so I have a couple of questions.  I don't always have wifi, and when I don't, I seem to be unable to play warframe at all... period.  I thought this was due to gameshare, but I had issues even without game share... so I'm confused... it seems I've played warframe offline before, but cant remember how.  Is this a bug/problem or is it designed this way?  and could it be fixed or changed so I can play offline?

Second question is split screen capabilities.  Could this be added please?  My xbox gold expired and I'm struggling with a sortie but can't afford membership for help.  If I had split screen I could ask my brother to assist me... as it would also give us something to play together.  Either that or make riven mods available on other targets such as in the void (containers, rewards, drops, caches etc).  [That's really all i'm looking to collect. Trying to see what I can get]

Either way these are my suggestions/questions. 

1 minute ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Can you login on two Xbox accounts at the same time on the same console? If not, forget split-screen

Xbox consoles support multiple accounts logged in at once, and some titles support split screen play.  Warframe is a horde shooter, however, and split screen is an unrivaled resource hog, since the GPU needs to completely render a second PoV, effectively doubling the amount of work it needs to do per frame.

ahh... I must have just not had xbox gold then.  Either way, offline play would be nice to have.  Just have a offline log and update data when internet is achieved.  Actually, I think you can have two on at same time.  Yes, I just checked, two accounts can be logged in at same time.  So why can't split screen be implemented?  Would be a good feature to have, especially to those who lack membership... like me.  

Which I guess on reason PC trumps over game consoles as no membership seems to be required.  I am actually on PC as well, but all that time I spent getting to where I am seems lost now.

2 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

Xbox consoles support multiple accounts logged in at once, and some titles support split screen play.  Warframe is a horde shooter, however, and split screen is an unrivaled resource hog, since the GPU needs to completely render a second PoV, effectively doubling the amount of work it needs to do per frame.

hmmm..  yeah I guess that could be a problem.  But kudo to them if they find a way to do it... would be really helpful... especially with sorties.

Just now, (Xbox One)SAOxSonicKirito said:

hmmm..  yeah I guess that could be a problem.  But kudo to them if they find a way to do it... would be really helpful... especially with sorties.

Doing it is easy.  Doing it in a way that doesn't cause your console to explode and burn your house down is a different matter entirely.  Games consoles aren't exactly overflowing with system resources, and dropped frames in some titles are a fact of life (*cough*Destiny*cough*), even with out split screen adding on to the woes.

The main problem here is enemy count.  The highier the level gets, the more enemies we have on screen, and it's not uncommon to have to render 40+ guys in a single shot by the time you hit the Kuva Fortress.  Then add 4 Warframes doing who knows what with cloth and particle physics and possible summoned minions and suddenly your console is just this side of the hardware's redline.  Even dropping the resolution down from 1080 to 540 may not free up enough power to make split screen work with out the frame rate becoming a slide show.