Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are you messing up Spy missions...?

ComCray

This is a co-op game, yes, but sometimes co-op still means not public. I suppose I should have specified that I don't mind doing spy missions with people as long as I can trust those people to not mess up the objectives. I can't do that in public spy missions. And I'm not saying that every match has someone who is either bad at spy vaults or purposefully messing them up, it's just why would I take that risk when I can basically guarantee that there aren't people like that by playing solo or with a premade group. And if you're looking for solutions other than "don't play public spy missions" you're probably going to be looking for a long time. This answer pops up all the time because at this point it is the best solution.
   Also, now I want to go eat a cake.

I will solo spy missions or bring along a friend that I really REALLY trust.  More often than not when I make it public some idiot joins up with the "smash and grab" mentality.  Just rushing into the vault, tripping the alarm, then trying to get that data (and failing 90% of the time)...

On 9/27/2017 at 4:08 PM, ComCray said:

You know the type.. You walk in undetected (because invisible, ivara.. whatever) in comes cotton-for-brains setting off all alarms... 

Why?

What is the idea?

If you cannot deal with the notion that your teammates might press a button, why play in a team?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? I need to know because my mind just fails to comprehend and that hurts. I comprehend almost everything, including my kids. But this..? This... this... it's painful. 

And even worse: coming in with a volt or ember or rhino or any other non-stealth frame while there's stealth frames ALREADY IN THE THING...

Can't you just wait outside? break some crates? clear a path to the obvious exit? I dunno, anything  but coming in and setting off alarms..?

And then how some of you even manage to subsequently fail the code is absolutely blowing my mind. If you are one of those I want you to go look up the concept "hubris". Go. Read up on it and contemplate how it applies to your... your... [OMG CENSORED].

Please, someone, tell me what the idea is behind this?

I’m impatient. I often either set off a camera as Limbo or a Laser Barrier as Octavia. Plus, my remote is broken to the point that whenever I hold down aim, I automatically walk a few steps to the left.

Welcome to playing with Pubs.
I did both A and B and my team was wisely enough to avoid B as it was pretty complex.
They ignored B until I finished A and came running over to fix this while they worked on C.

As mentioned this Pubs spies though so your mileage will vary. So just try your best,
But if it fails, don't take it too hard on yourself, it is easier to say it is the other guy's fault :P

On 9/28/2017 at 12:08 PM, ComCray said:

You know the type.. You walk in undetected (because invisible, ivara.. whatever) in comes cotton-for-brains setting off all alarms... 

Why?

What is the idea?

If you cannot deal with the notion that your teammates might press a button, why play in a team?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? I need to know because my mind just fails to comprehend and that hurts. I comprehend almost everything, including my kids. But this..? This... this... it's painful. 

And even worse: coming in with a volt or ember or rhino or any other non-stealth frame while there's stealth frames ALREADY IN THE THING...

Can't you just wait outside? break some crates? clear a path to the obvious exit? I dunno, anything  but coming in and setting off alarms..?

And then how some of you even manage to subsequently fail the code is absolutely blowing my mind. If you are one of those I want you to go look up the concept "hubris". Go. Read up on it and contemplate how it applies to your... your... [OMG CENSORED].

Please, someone, tell me what the idea is behind this?

Eh, in never go public for spies.... Ever. 

Ever since me and a friend did one about 3 years ago, and he failed badly, I just gave up ever doing spies public or with friends and now only ever do them solo. Sorties especially, I make sure to swap to solo for Sorties. In fact, I play most of the game solo. So idk :P

But I always bring my trusted Loki or Ash invis and it never takes long to finish a spy. All of them are so fu*king easy. I don't understand how so many people screw up on them. They're so god damn easy 

Just because it's a co-op game doesn't mean EVERY gamemode is best done in public. I mean, you wouldn't do a Raid with randoms now would you?

One rule to live by: Always assume the worst when it comes to randoms. If even the slightest actual skill, nuance or knowledge is required, only trust yourself and people you know can handle it. It's like, people shouldn't be burgling your house but no sane person leaves their door unlocked. Muggers shouldn't exist but you wouldn't walk down a quiet alleyway in the middle of the night. Griefers shouldn't exist and newbs should educate themselves and listen to veterans, but if you expect randoms to just stop ramming their face into a laser and then leaving you to clean up the mess, then you're just being naive. It's not going to stop happening, no matter what you do or say, hence the most common response here: Play solo if you're running spy vaults.

I mean, there's really no co-op element to a spy mission anyway, other than doing multiple vaults simultaneously, in which case you're just trying to go fast anyway. Better to just do it yourself and at least guarantee success.

On 9/27/2017 at 4:52 PM, o0Despair0o said:

I admit, the only tileset where I actually dare say that invisibility is almost required is Uranus, because the enemies are just everywhere.

The only section of Uranus that gets far easier with Invis is the Tower Vault. The one where you have to get all the way to the top and past the detection field that sweeps the top most level. However you can bypass that one by shooting open various vents around the outside and flooding the chamber all the way up. As long as you can avoid getting tagged by the Observers you can do it almost as loud as you want. All the other Uranus spy sections just require you to understand the Sharkwing sections, like shooting out the Yellow Power Circuits in the Maze.

IMO the worst Vaults by far are the Sweeping Beams Grineer Galleon/Asteroid, and in general the ones on the Kuva Fort.