Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Tagging

Tricky5hift

With the advent of Plains of Eidolon, I'd like to take a moment to voice a certain feature I'd like added to the game and that's tagging multiple enemies.

As of now, you can use your waypoint and tag a single enemy which can be pretty useful when working with a coordinated team. But in the plains, there are going to be relatively fewer enemies in a very, very open area making tracking those enemies fairly annoying.

So what I suggest is allowing us to waypoint or "tag" multiple enemies by utilizing the current waypoint mechanic. Only instead of just being able to waypoint one enemy at a time, we can waypoint multiple enemies. This will allow teams or solo players to track enemies we've spotted out and may also help teams track multiple resource drops. I think being able to tag high priority targets like Ancients, Gunners, Bombards, Techs and Nullifiers for the rest of the team can be pretty helpful as those enemies can easily ruin your day if you're not aware of their location.

This is sort of inspired from the camera feature in the Farcry games or the binoculars in Metal Gear Solid V.

33722AA7A06EAEBC80A849CF42508F66F9D6DB94

mgstpp_preview_07_web.jpg

Granted, it'll be a little harder to tag enemies in this game compared to Farcry and MGSV since you'll be waypointing each enemy individually rather than just being able to scan an entire area but I've always thought that was kind of cheesy in a way.

In MGSV I always ended up tagging enemies I didn't even see by accident and thought that was pretty cheap.

Edited by Tricky5hift

3 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Could be a nice addition to enemy radar or something like that. Perhaps you could do it with some sort of scanner to. 

Yeah I was just thinking it could give codex scanners some extra utility since in a way they are the cameras and the binoculars of this game. In MGSV you could also tag enemies by just focusing in on them at a close distance without your binoculars.

But I was also hoping this feature could prove to be a more intuitive alternative to enemy radar as with that mod you'll see enemies on your map but you can't know what enemies they are until you actually see them.

I guess tagging and enemy radar together can be pretty powerful.

Edited by Tricky5hift

Would love being able to set multiple waypoints/tags in general. For reasons like this \/.

Playing with a team on syndicate missions, everybody happens to go on their own to find medallions, somebody finds a top tier one and the others go to get it, then that somebody marks another one a few 100m away and the previous mark dissapears...but the others couldn't get to it.

Spoiler

0aa.png

What is the point of something like this in Warframe? The enemies in PoE will not be at a level that can challenge most people or it's a several story tall Sentient. Get to something, throw down a waypoint. Where would these Infested be, anyways?

6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

What is the point of something like this in Warframe? The enemies in PoE will not be at a level that can challenge most people or it's a several story tall Sentient. Get to something, throw down a waypoint. Where would these Infested be, anyways?

Are you just going to assume everything in PoE will be easy?

And I never said the Infested were going to be in PoE either, this is literally just a quality of life change for the entire game. This will make marking multiple resource drops much easier.

I don't know how many times I've done syndicate missions and found one medallion, marked it, found another and then had to either wait where I was to mark it, or risk the other person not being able to grab the one I marked. Being able to way point multiple things would be nice.... On the other hand you have things like Trials where in Law of Retribution you generally see people way pointing the pads and the consoles and forget to take them off, and it gives some serious clutter. Jordas Verdict is very nasty for this, as your way points can be buried under all the antiserum injectors on the ground. Having more way points in those instances would actually hinder gameplay.

So while I'd like to see improved way points, for tracking targets and rare resources, there are still cases where having more waypoints around could cause some serious issues.

All that aside, someone earlier mentioned the scanner. Most people aren't going to whip out their scanner mid combat, but if using the scanner allowed you to set more way points it would circumvent a lot of the issues I can think of. Like... Using G to quickly set one and only way point (works as it does now) and then using your scanner to way point X additional times.