The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think the DE should take another look at Bladestorm

bioned

Bladestorm is fine the way it is. They reworked bladestorm to make it less of an spamming ability and make you more active with the ability instead of doing nothing and pressing 4 and spamming the ability. The only change to Bladestorm that is legitimately needed is getting rid of the atrocious vomit-cam.   

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Most people over look the fact that bladestorm can easily oneshot most lvl 100 enemies by just having a steel charge on your ash. If DE would to make bladestorm clone only, then they would most likely have to nerf bladestorm's damage.

I would rather have bladestorm be viable at high lvls with cutscenes and not the other way around.

Its damage also scales with the combo meter. Cloak, build up the combo meter and bladestorm is even more deadly. 

It's amazing how people complain about such a powerful ability because it can't nuke low level trash mobs as fast as Ember. 

I guess Ash just isn't meant for a certain kind of player. Not every frame needs to be a brain-dead nuker. It's ok if there are a few nuanced frames in the game.

And I like the fact that they kept the camera angles.

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Its damage also scales with the combo meter. Cloak, build up the combo meter and bladestorm is even more deadly. 

It's amazing how people complain about such a powerful ability because it can't nuke low level trash mobs as fast as Ember. 

I guess Ash just isn't meant for a certain kind of player. Not every frame needs to be a brain-dead nuker. It's ok if there are a few nuanced frames in the game.

The only problem I have with it is the Cinematic. It can be quiet long and I was left behind by my team on many instances because we had a big mob in front of us and I decided to thin it out, then moment it thinned enough my team passed and I was still stuck in the animation for 10s more.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

The only problem I have with it is the Cinematic. It can be quiet long and I was left behind by my team on many instances because we had a big mob in front of us and I decided to thin it out, then moment it thinned enough my team passed and I was still stuck in the animation for 10s more.

I wouldn't mind if they scaled down the number of times we have to witness the stabbing as we mark more enemies. Maybe there could be a cap n number of stabbings we need to watch? The animation does provide a balance for the power though, and I appreciate the invulerability it provides. When BS is needed during high levels, it helps to be able to do damage while but being able to take any.

We should be able to cancel BS at any time too.

Ash's 1 is just kinda meh. Can't hit enemies directly in front of you sometimes, even with his augment can be a waste of energy. (And could have redundancy issues if DE ever decides to release a slash based throwing secondary) 

Ash's 2 is great, I love how fast he can enter into invisibility and as well as on the move. 

Ash's 3 can kill anything and everything! (Except on stairs, and this invincible bosses, also has glitching issues)

Ash's 4 is inferior to his 3 in every way. In the end there is no real reason to use it throughout the star chart. Especially considering the weapons we have. The pause at the end is cringe worthy. The energy cost is asinine, and the marking mechanism is just not as effective as his 3. 

IMO I believe Ash should be fast, deadly and silent. Get in, get the job done get out. No flare. I just feel like his 4 should be deleted, and replaced with something that will buff and synergies with his first 3 abilities. 

And for those that argue they love the cut scenes during his 4, well that can easily be made to randomly occur during his 3. 

Tl;dr yes I believe DE should take another look at BS. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Ash's 1 is just kinda meh. Can't hit enemies directly in front of you sometimes, even with his augment can be a waste of energy. (And could have redundancy issues if DE ever decides to release a slash based throwing secondary) 

Ash's 2 is great, I love how fast he can enter into invisibility and as well as on the move. 

Ash's 3 can kill anything and everything! (Except on stairs, and this invincible bosses, also has glitching issues)

Ash's 4 is inferior to his 3 in every way. In the end there is no real reason to use it throughout the star chart. Especially considering the weapons we have. The pause at the end is cringe worthy. The energy cost is asinine, and the marking mechanism is just not as effective as his 3. 

IMO I believe Ash should be fast, deadly and silent. Get in, get the job done get out. No flare. I just feel like his 4 should be deleted, and replaced with something that will buff and synergies with his first 3 abilities. 

And for those that argue they love the cut scenes during his 4, well that can easily be made to randomly occur during his 3. 

Tl;dr yes I believe DE should take another look at BS. 

His 3 and 4 compliment each other. The 3 is single target and hits harder, the 4 is multiple targets and returns you to wherever you cast it from. They are very different. 

A player that knows how to use Ash properly will use both during gameplay. You still mark while teleporting. You can jump away from a group of high level enemies, kill them all mid-aimglide and return to your aimglide with bladestorm. You can't do that with teleport. 

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

His 3 and 4 compliment each other. The 3 is single target and hits harder, the 4 is multiple targets and returns you to wherever you cast it from. They are very different. 

A player that knows how to use Ash properly will use both during gameplay. You still mark while teleporting. You can jump away from a group of high level enemies, kill them all mid-aimglide and return to your aimglide with bladestorm. You can't do that with teleport. 

True, and yet unnecessary. His 1 and your primary or secondary can take out the trash. And his 3 is better for high priority targets. No marking required, end result is the exact same with less effort. His 4 is unnecessary.

24 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

True, and yet unnecessary. His 1 and your primary or secondary can take out the trash. And his 3 is better for high priority targets. No marking required, end result is the exact same with less effort. His 4 is unnecessary.

In higher level play, his 1 isn't taking out enemies. There are times when you don't want to advance on the enemy, and bladestorm allows you to deal high damage to multiple enemies, while not taking any damage yourself and returning you to a safe spot. 

Now if all you do is hit 4, wiggle, hit 4... Then yes it may seem slower than teleport. If you have mark toggled, you will be marking enemies by just entering a room and looking at them naturally. Bladestorm is especially good at taking out multiple pesky high armor corpus drones with little thought... And it won't drop you into their minefields. You can combine gunplay and melee with bladestorm. Enter a room shooting, marking enemies as you go, kill the stragglers. Enter a room with melee, build your combo counter (this making BS even stronger) dice up a few enemies, fatal teleport to a few eximus, kill the rest with bladestorm. If you have a fast melee, the animations are quick. Its not to hard to get into a really good rhythm with bladestorm if you try it without bias. For me it's almost like a flourish at the end of an assault on a group of enemies.

Bladestorm can also mark while you cloak and revive a teammate. As soon as they're revived you can take out all those around you. You can't do that with teleport. 

People really need to grasp the idea that bladestorm is meant to be set up with some forethought and not just serve as an "oh crap" panic button. Even as a panic move, I still find it decent enough at times. Wiggling the stick isn't as harrowing as people make it out to be. 

If your goal is to get the highest number of kills on a starchart mission playing with an Ember, then no, BS wont be your best bet.

Edited by Hypernaut1

10 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

In higher level play, his 1 isn't taking out enemies.

You're right, but we have weapons with Rivens that can do that, hell my hikou (with riven) can take out trash lvl 100s and my 3 can do the rest. Why tha hell would anyone ever need or want to "prepare"  to BS?! lol come on, that's ridiculous in this type of game setting and you know it.

As it stands Ash's BS is really and truly just unnecessary. 

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

You're right, but we have weapons with Rivens that can do that, hell my hikou (with riven) can take out trash lvl 100s and my 3 can do the rest. Why tha hell would anyone ever need or want to "prepare"  to BS?! lol come on, that's ridiculous in this type of game setting and you know it.

Honestly, at this point I'm not even trying to convince you of anything because your mind is set. I myself don't like every ability in this game, they don't all jive with my playstyle. 

My point is simply to illustrate how those of us that do use BS effectively use it.  If it's not for you, that's completely ok.

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Honestly, at this point I'm not even trying to convince you of anything because your mind is set. I myself don't like every ability in this game, they don't all jive with my playstyle. 

My point is simply to illustrate how those of us that do use BS effectively use it.  If it's not for you, that's completely ok.

No I get it , I do. And how you play the game is completely your prerogative. Who am I to argue with those that like to ice skate up hill. 

In any case DE should still give BS another look.

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

No I get it , I do. And how you play the game is completely your prerogative. Who am I to argue with those that like to ice skate up hill. 

In any case DE should still give BS another look.

No, you don't get it. You only think bladestorm is bad because you don't know how to use it. There is no "ice skating uphill". A sped up bladestorm kills multiple enemies faster than fatal teleport. This seems to be a tough concept for you to grasp for some reason. I think it's because you think that bladestorm is just about 4, wiggle, 4. You don't know how to play it. I'm not often outdone in sorties with Ash at all. 

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

That's the thing most players get wrong about ash. Ash isn't nidus or saryn or ember or mesa. His weapons are his main source of damage, his abilities are more of "plan B", so If your hikou (with riven) is doing good damage than that's great, but if you ever run out of ammo or take to much damage then bladestorm will be a great way to collect items and ammo or regain your shield and heal without taking any damage and killing enemies.

Honestly, the only thing DE should do to bladestorm is add some kind of CC to it but other than that the ability is fine.

your invulnerability to damage

You can always rely on it to kill a group of enemies on lvl 100.

And again this https://youtu.be/lKztHXmfOZQ

15 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Another salty "I CAN'T INSTANT KILL 50 PEOPLE WHILE PREVENTING MY TEAM FROM DEALING ANY DAMAGE TO THEM!!!1!1!11!!" fanboy-post.

Moving on.

Seriously, I played Ash before AND after the rework. And he's better now. End of dicsussion.

EDIT: Oh boy, salty replies! Why don't people understand that Ash isn't a mass-murder frame like Valkyr, Ember, Saryn, and Nidus but a damn ASSASSIN.

Do I REALLY need to point out the sarcasm here with a giant neon sign that reads "SARCASM RIGHT THERE" or what? Jesus.

I'm out.

lol bye

another butthurt OMG WHY CAN'Y THE FRAMES I PLAY BE AS GOOD kid gone

Edited by bioned

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Your 3 and followed by a bullet jump or a back flip would have probably given you the same results. Just saying 

I would have taken damage from the tar clouds and toxic clouds that were filling the hallway. Besides 4 already takes me back to my original position so that would have been extra work.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

I would have taken damage from the tar clouds and toxic clouds that were filling the hallway. Besides 4 already takes me back to my original position so that would have been extra work.

True, but rapid resilience is a thing. No problem. 

12 hours ago, SandSquash said:

You also realize that bladestorm speed is related to his attack speed, so a dagger with fury for instance has a super fast bladestorm cutscene. Play around with it alittle bit before hating on it. Rakta dark dagger with covert lethality and fury only is apparently strong enough for bladestorm in a level 3 sortie so level 80-100 enemies and it kills them.

so don't worry about it 2 much

I don't know where you established "hate" from, ASH/Prime is my most and I plan to keep it that way.

Sadly every time dark dagger alert comes up, I'm asleep because you know following mainstream is kinda difficult from half way across the Earth and I'm working on Rakta Dark Dagger rn. As of now I'm using a fully attack speed maxed Fang Prime but I will spend 50% of my playtime staring at BS. I think that's a problem.

Maybe my sad English didn't get my point across but current BS doesn't fit Ash's concept of Ninja who takes enemies out without alerting anyone and coming back out. 

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

My dear, I play Ash all the time

I am MR 24, and i take Ash for a 2 hours survival or any mission in sortie

And i clear the map with a blink of an eye.

Maybe you should learn the secret of playing ASH

You said earlier that it's good for a single enemy standing alone

Maybe you are playing Ash the wrong way

(First, get a Rakta Dark Dagger, mod it in a good way, it will make your animation faster)

(second. keep your fourth activated. when needed press it once again and see the result)

Once blade storm is done, press  it again, and move on,  you will mark enemies without even trying to do so, when needed press it again and BS is on.

An easier way if u you cannot handle the above: press your four, do a 360 while standing in yr place and activate BS.

See the magic

side notes:

Things that may help you: Shade or prisma shade, Zenurik, Arcane Trickery

Cheers

Thanks for the tip.

As for "Maybe you are playing Ash the wrong way" part I have to disagree with.

I always try to NOT alert enemies and kill as few enemies as I can (when playing solo ofc) to complete the objective. Is that wrong? 

I play Ash because my play style is concealment and stealthy and that's what Ash is. Current BS is NOT concealment and stealth.

Also, what about the part where I asked how is BS more op than before?

Cheers

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

But why waste a precious mod slot when bladestorm's invulnerability can allow you to wear off lethal toxic/slash procs?

Because his 3 does the same thing with no power strength. Hell you don't even need range. Armor agility, vitality, FT, Duration x3, rapid, rush in your exilous. The last slot is really whatever u want, steel f, natural talent, flow, rage, streamline, hand spring. 

12 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

And I like the fact that they kept the camera angles.

Me too, I guess Ash just isn't meant for a certain kind of player who tries to go stealth and concealment. Not every frame needs to be a brain-dead nuker because what I suggested is one right?

Edited by bioned

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No, you don't get it. You only think bladestorm is bad because you don't know how to use it. There is no "ice skating uphill". A sped up bladestorm kills multiple enemies faster than fatal teleport. This seems to be a tough concept for you to grasp for some reason. I think it's because you think that bladestorm is just about 4, wiggle, 4. You don't know how to play it. I'm not often outdone in sorties with Ash at all. 

How do you "correctly" use BS?

There is the "most ideal" way to use it.

And that directly conflicts with concept of Ash.

I'll make a drastic example.

In war movies, do you EVER see traditional ninjas with only a katana and shurikens leading the charge and killing everything in its path like Spartans did in 300?

Edited by bioned

15 hours ago, SandSquash said:

Ash wasn't designed as a MASS damage dealing frame, so i think it fair hes not on par with frames like ember/banshee/"insert aoe frame here" , Being an assassin gives him the mobility of priority targets like fatal teleporting a nox or those dam napalms on kuva fortress survivals, etc. Before rework i use to hate being locked into a bladestorm where is now i can prioritize a specific area of enemies .

As far as an assassin frame goes hes in a good place right now, and if you really want to be a mass murder frame then perhaps hes not right for you #justsaiyan

I don't know why people keep telling me go play other mass murder frames, because that's not the point I made at all I guess I still have to work on my English.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Because his 3 does the same thing with no power strength. Hell you don't even need range. Armor agility, vitality, FT, Duration x3, rapid. 

My build most focuses on survivability and I run Primed fury on my melee on all times. Steel charge gives bladestorm enough damage to kill pretty much any lvl 100 enemy in seconds (kills them instantly with a high combo counter). Plus my bladestorm's animations time takes 1 second on enemies (0.5 seconds on infested and robotics). Where as fatal teleport's animations will be around 2-3 seconds. So in most cases bladestorm would actually be a safer and more reliable way to take out priority targets or just to deal with a group of high lvl enemies in general.

IMO, I personally find FT overrated since bladestorm can easily deal with sorties which is the hardest content the average player is going to do. The extra 200% finisher damage is nice and all, but unnecessary when bladestorm can get the job done without putting ash in any real danger like AOE or such.

Edited by (XB1)Angryspy101