Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick Menu ?!

vulka3

HI ! I suggest you do a kick menu, because when I play with 1 of my friends and we find a squad, its common that one of the newfound guys is very annoying, he's spamming or just putting waypoints in random places with no reason and that's just getting on my nerves. So it's going to be nice if there is a kick menu for the host and (maybe) a chat command which gives a picked from the host player to do the same : )                       Thank you ! : )

This idea has been talked about in a few threads, please use the search function.

The problem with this idea is that it leads to a lot of abuse and trolling.

Why would you want to give the trolls/griefers the ability to sit on common planets and just kick whoever joins their games?
Or what about them hosting and then kicking right as they kill a boss so no one else gets the drops.
Or what about them doing an alert and then kicking the entire team right before extraction?  And if the alert had expired no one else has a chance of getting anything.

The list of abuse possibilities goes on well beyond that.

We should not give the trolls/griefers another, much more powerful way, to troll/grief.

A better option is a blacklist so that at most you have to play one match with someone and then never play another mission with them again.

@Quackerz
Or the people who'll kick you IF you bring Vauban, or Mag or Volt...
And lets not get started on the "proper" loadout that some people yell and complain about.
Or if you use your ult and kill everything because they dont understand the shared XP mechanics....

@Angius
I've had people try to harrass the following frames out of various groups because they were "useless" for the mission that they were doing:
-Mag
-Volt
-Vauban(because of potential trolling)
-Loki(Because of potential trolling)
I've also had a person refuse to start a mission if someone didnt switch to a Frost, or a Vauban depending on the defense mission we were running.

I've had people throw fits and harass me because I was playing Saryn because I was "Stealing too many kills and XP" or Nova for the same reasons.

Its a really horrible idea to give kicking powers in this game with its overall community.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@Tsukinoki

Yes, I agree. I can imagine people kicking others, because they can "steal" their XP, or because they think, that certain frames are useless... Or just kicking players, because they are two rooms ahead, or behind...

How many times I saw someone ragequitting, because I used Vortex to clean the pod from Infested... Or because I've used Bounce to get somewhere high, and he thought, that it was trolling... Or - what's funny - because I was killing more enemies with my meele, than he with his weapons. Yeah, there are plenty of different people...

@Kaidinah
While that would prevent quite a lot of abuse, all it would take is one person who doesn't care that he's trolling the others or whatever and just wants to finish the mission and wont vote to kick unless the other person is preventing them from finishing the mission.

And that does bring up: What happens if there are only 2 people?

Say someone is sitting on all of the mercury missions and kicks people as they join.  That would not be a good impression to leave on the new players trying to join the game.

vote kick is ALWAYS abused in every game that I have ever played that has it not once was it used for its actual purpose, I suggest a blacklist instead, because with vote kick it can be abused AND you will see that person again eventually.

with backlist you deal with it once and never have to see them again, as well that person will slowly be blocked by just about every player they come into contact with (if they keep up the bad attitude and bad actions), making it harder for them to find games to join.

Sure Blacklist isn't a perfect system... but it is MUCH better than vote kick by a light year.

Edited by impulse42

well it would be nice if there is plenty spam to vote stop the person spaming as well if the person attend going with it.  Also, if the person still spam though matchest games, you still have chose to kick the person.

I have absolutely no idea what you just said c: