Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Tech A Different Enemy.

Rettycombine

When i hear "Tech" i dont imagine a tanky large orange guy with a LMG, i think the tech should be a corpus "commando" wearing heavier armor and a different helmet, while techs would become shorter and weaker and only given a spectra, but instead they would be able to deploy all the types of ospreys depending on the situation, If they are on alert they will deploy mine ospreys, When they are attacking they should deploy leech ospreys, and when low on health they deploy shield ospreys.

I never liked the "heavy unit = make them a giant"

The actual size should be boosted by obvious enhancements like exo power armor. Not by out of work basketball players being given a LMG.

Pretty much this. I always wondered why they weren't the same size as regular Corpus troops. For Grineer, it makes sense because most of their extremities are mechanical. Giant Corpus don't make sense because they don't augment themselves nearly as drastically. They aren't degenerating clones... they seem that they'd rather build a complex bot and let it do some fighting than rip off their arms and legs for combat utility as a crew staffer.

Also: on an unrelated note, Techs should be worth more XP.

Pretty much this. I always wondered why they weren't the same size as regular Corpus troops. For Grineer, it makes sense because most of their extremities are mechanical. Giant Corpus don't make sense because they don't augment themselves nearly as drastically. They aren't degenerating clones... they seem that they'd rather build a complex bot and let it do some fighting than rip off their arms and legs for combat utility as a crew staffer.

Also: on an unrelated note, Techs should be worth more XP.

All Corpus unites that are not MOA are inflatable soldiers. So there is your answer :)

the only good example of special unit is ainchents and grineers commanders with teleports, why not make everyone as intresting, rather then (grineer example) oh hey, big balista with gorgon, the more veraity we'll have the better this game will get

Edited by BloodHungryKitten

I never liked the "heavy unit = make them a giant"

The actual size should be boosted by obvious enhancements like exo power armor. Not by out of work basketball players being given a LMG.

You spoke my mind. A smaller, not definitely bullet sponge enemy that adds difficulty in quality, not in quantity, will be better.

e.g. corpustech launches shield ospreys, which is a wickedly good design.

Maybe he should be made not having a lot more HP than other Corpus, but has better shields/ weapons (as it is now), but avoids direct combat by either launching more "proxies", or directly take control of a Corpus droid nearby and add "mods" on the spot, which buffs it temporarily until it becomes a "heavy" unit:

e.g.

- Tech sees Tenno,

- Tech go hide behind some cover,

- launches a shield osprey for some protection,

- then "take over" a normal MOA nearby and attach some mods so that the MOA becomes heavily shielded, and now spots secondary weapons (e.g. rocket launchers?) in addition to the primary.

The MOA effectively becomes a "mini heavy" unit. If the intentionally-cowardly Tech is not taken down, after the modded unit is destroyed, it can take over and mod another MOA nearby, making it like a portable heavy unit factory.

Edited by smithf

the only good example of special unit is ainchents and grineers commanders with teleports, why not make everyone as intresting, rather then (grineer example) oh hey, big balista with gorgon, the more veraity we'll have the better this game will get

God, pls no, I'd rather have every unit be a jackal then have to deal with more commanders. Although I definitely agree that heavies need to be more unique.