Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Artwork] - Feral Wf - Cat Wf

Nasmodok

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the new "berserker" frame is basically a feral frame.  It's DE's way of saying "fine fine fine, we'll cave to the idea of a 'cat frame', since you guys all wanted it, but without actually admitting it's a cat frame."  

Nothing about Valkyr actually screams berserker, but it does look very feline (especially with the helmet, named aptly after an Egyptian feline godess), wild and feral.  The feet and claws, and the thigh/waist look in general greatly resembles SUMA's design.

Yeah, the new "berserker" frame is basically a feral frame.  It's DE's way of saying "fine fine fine, we'll cave to the idea of a 'cat frame', since you guys all wanted it, but without actually admitting it's a cat frame."  

Nothing about Valkyr actually screams berserker, but it does look very feline (especially with the helmet, named aptly after an Egyptian feline godess), wild and feral.  The feet and claws, and the thigh/waist look in general greatly resembles SUMA's design.

I haven't gotten Valkyr yet (waiting for BP and Alad V patiently, wanna earn this one!) But I got the Bastet helmet and noted the similarities too. Yeah, they couldn't put in a cat-frame per sey and they can't just put in someone else's design directly, so they may have taken inspiration from SUMA's design both for Valkyr's body and alternate helmet.

Long Shot: Pure coincidence at the similarities. This is always a possibility, of course, but I doubt it.

I haven't gotten Valkyr yet (waiting for BP and Alad V patiently, wanna earn this one!) But I got the Bastet helmet and noted the similarities too. Yeah, they couldn't put in a cat-frame per sey and they can't just put in someone else's design directly, so they may have taken inspiration from SUMA's design both for Valkyr's body and alternate helmet.

Long Shot: Pure coincidence at the similarities. This is always a possibility, of course, but I doubt it.

Coincidence is always a possibility of course :P

But considering Mynki only came up with the theme and design recently, it's highly likely that at least SOME inspirations were taken from this thread.

Maybe :3

i agree,there are alot of similarities, she will most likely be my new fav frame. im sure it's the feel i was looking for in the feral frame (aside from the 9 lives skill :P ). it will be fun to believe that they were inspired by the feral wf for her :)  even if they weren't lol.

• 2 months later...

This is spectacular :D!

My brother drew these but he wasn't sure how to get them on the forums.

Rebecca said they check out the Fan art pages each day, so I figured this would be the best place to drop this off at.  Hopefully it's good timing since there was mention of a cat/feral WF in our near future.

Feral WF

* Runs on all fours.

* Generally hunched over 90% of the time.

(Edit: Bubble added, comments from the artist)

Artwork displays a possible dagger holding stance, as well as dagger holsters on the calf muscles.

Both my brother and I greatly prefer the head on the right.

Enjoy!

1odr.jpg

a more polished version, hope ya'll enjoy. :)

3p1k.jpg

ok, so i still havent slept, couldn't stop drawing so i did some more. :D now time to kill some grenier!!

npgp.jpg

EPIC!

This is basically what Valkyr should be while Hysteria is active.

Edited by Ronyn

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is very good art work but if its a feral or wild frame I would like something more wolf like and less Valkyresk. Something more primal and beefier. and I would also like the Dev's to make a gender selection on the frames. depending on the frame I think they would be better if they were of the opposite gender than what they are. And who doesn't like more choices, right?