The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing the time or method of suspension of using the word "gay" in chat

EvoGunchi

I would like to point out I made a support ticket about this issue I had and I got told that support isn't a place for it. https://gyazo.com/7b8521933a280c085d8aa4a7fac39021 I obviously selected the Chat ban section which.. well I'm chat banned so..

-- I would also like to point out that the response time was great though.

Edited by Stonefather

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Writing the rules ingame wont get a bigger audience, because the chat is too fast to read what's written at the beginning.
So yes, stating the rules on the forums is way better. You can just say: "Go to the forums and read the rules". If someone doesn't do it, who cares?`It's his fault. End of the story.

Really... do we really have to tell everyone a word is offensive?
Looks like people lack common sence these days.

Let's be honest right here:
There is no reason what so ever to use the word "gay" ingame. You want to talk about sexuallity? Fine, but why do you have to do it in an open ingame-chat? Do it in a PM. Or do it in Skype or something.
As I said, no reason to use that word.
And people have to stop their mentality of "I think it's right, so it has to be right". Just because I call my friends gay, and all of us know it's a joke, that doesn't mean I can call a police-man gay. I have enough common sence to know he will get insulted.

This^

I also like that you "accidentally" used the word in chat. I "accidentally" pressed the g key, then the a, then the y, then "accidentally" pressed enter... sure, could happen to anyone.

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Let's be honest right here:
There is no reason what so ever to use the word "gay" ingame. You want to talk about sexuallity? Fine, but why do you have to do it in an open ingame-chat? Do it in a PM. Or do it in Skype or something.
As I said, no reason to use that word.
And people have to stop their mentality of "I think it's right, so it has to be right". Just because I call my friends gay, and all of us know it's a joke, that doesn't mean I can call a police-man gay. I have enough common sence to know he will get insulted.

I remember someone baiting by asking what aggp (AGayGuyPlays, the partner) stood for. I also know someone fell for it because there was much rage in a discord channel.

But yeah, if we can't say a partner's name without getting a chatban, then either the chat ban needs looking at or he needs a new alias.

• 3 weeks later...

I can and do regularly say lots of bad words in chat, today someone else said gay and didnt get kicked, I told him "my mum IS gay idiot" and it kicked me. And Im not meant to be annoyed by that?

There is a filter for a reason. Saying people should never have good reason to use the word gay is a terrible way to try and deal with the problem. Its not an acceptable explanation, especially when you compare it to the FACT that you can say much, much, muuuuch more offensive stuff already AND the fact that we already have an ADULT CHAT FILTER.

Please DE sort out this gay thing :(

3 minutes ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

Saying people should never have good reason to use the word gay is a terrible way to try and deal with the problem.

But is talking about your mother's sexuality in an online-game really that good? Do you really have to do it?
If you don't talk about your mother's sexuality, does the way you are experiencing the game suffer? I don't think so.
So I can say, you don't have to talk about this topic ingame. If you want to, then that's fine. But always know there is the thing with the kickbot.

As said before: There is no need for using the word "gay" ingame. You can talk about that kind of stuff elsewhere. Technically the ingame-chat is meant for stuff that has to do with the game.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

But is talking about your mother's sexuality in an online-game really that good? Do you really have to do it?
If you don't talk about your mother's sexuality, does the way you are experiencing the game suffer? I don't think so.
So I can say, you don't have to talk about this topic ingame. If you want to, then that's fine. But always know there is the thing with the kickbot.

As said before: There is no need for using the word "gay" ingame. You can talk about that kind of stuff elsewhere. Technically the ingame-chat is meant for stuff that has to do with the game.

I feel like you missed what I said about the stuff I say thats worse, and the bit about there is already a filter. Do these not just mess your whole worldview up? I mean, I regularly DONT get banned for saying worse stuff. Why are you not up in arms to get the filter removed and bad language removed entirely?

Better yet go petition your local politician about how bad language in adult games is bad and they should change it.

Your argument is weak, it holds no water next to the fact that DE have a filter in place and already allow much adult language or next to the fact that its not your business what need i have to discuss my mums sexuality. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

I feel like you missed what I said about the stuff I say thats worse, and the bit about there is already a filter. Do these not just mess your whole worldview up? I mean, I regularly DONT get banned for saying worse stuff. Why are you not up in arms to get the filter removed and bad language removed entirely?

People don't understand what the filter is for and what the kicks are for.
The filter is there, so some people, who don't like bad words, don't have to read them
The kicks are there, so people get punished for using them.

And just because you can say worse things, doesn't mean, less worse things should go unpunished. That's some #*($%%@ up logic right there. We should work and punish the worse things aswell and not allow everything.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

Your argument is weak, it holds no water next to the fact that DE have a filter in place and already allow much adult language

My argument is only weak if you don't know the idea of the filter, and if you use your messed up logic. ^^

4 minutes ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

next to the fact that its not your business what need i have to discuss my mums sexuality. 

It is knid of my business, because you brought it up.
And as i said: The ingame chat is meant for talking about the game. What is there in the game that needs the word "gay" or other insults to describe? I'm quite curious.

"The filter is there, so some people, who don't like bad words, don't have to read them" 

So why not filter the word gay? And why can I say other bad words? That makes no sense, its not my logic that needs looking at, its yours.

I didnt say its not your business, I said, if you read what I said, its not your business WHAT NEED I HAVE to discuss my mums sexuality in the game. But I will tell you all the same.

Someone said "your mum is gay" which they didnt get banned for (you still dont explain that)

I retorted, "My mum IS gay idiot" because it removed the negative connotations of the word and made it harmless, therefore I also just proved a good situation where I can use the word gay not as an insult.

My logic is fine thanks.

Edited by (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy

14 hours ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

"The filter is there, so some people, who don't like bad words, don't have to read them" 

So why not filter the word gay? And why can I say other bad words? That makes no sense, its not my logic that needs looking at, its yours.

I didnt say its not your business, I said, if you read what I said, its not your business WHAT NEED I HAVE to discuss my mums sexuality in the game. But I will tell you all the same.

Someone said "your mum is gay" which they didnt get banned for (you still dont explain that)

I retorted, "My mum IS gay idiot" because it removed the negative connotations of the word and made it harmless, therefore I also just proved a good situation where I can use the word gay not as an insult.

My logic is fine thanks.

I never got the logic behind placing a toggleable language filter ingame and still banning people for saying stuff what should be in the language filter.