The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame guides?

khangalanga

Question

Is there a list of comprehensive guides on how to play all the different frames? I usually read the wiki when trying out a new frame to figure out all the abilities, but sometimes it's such a big wall of text and numbers that I don't feel like reading and just gloss over. Main reason I ask is because I keep finding out new things about various frames that are really useful and would have been nice to know (ex. Loki can switch with his decoy to get around certain spy obstacles, hydroid can charge up his abilities, etc.)

12 answers to this question

Here's the thing...comprehensive guides are, by definition "big walls of text" because, you know, they're comprehensive. Your 2 examples are clearly described in the wikis for both those frames. So if you want a comprehensive guide, you're gonna have to do some actual reading. Otherwise, watch YouTube videos as has been suggested.

The Wiki is the comprehensive guide. That's the combined knowledge of the community and dataminers distilled down to as condensed package as possible. You will literally not find anything more informative or concise anywhere.

Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I'd avoid YouTube if you want comprehensive. They leave out A LOT of information. Partly because they race to get their videos out as fast as possible and partly because if they actually added all the information on the Wiki, it would make the videos longer and they'd have to wait longer for all that information to get put out. Plus a lot of frames get tweaked or tuned after launch so the information changes and a lot of YouTubers aren't going to go back and remake videos very often. YouTube videos are, at best, an opinionated overview. They are hardly comprehensive.

Edited by Ceryk

4 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Here's the thing...comprehensive guides are, by definition "big walls of text" because, you know, they're comprehensive. Your 2 examples are clearly described in the wikis for both those frames. So if you want a comprehensive guide, you're gonna have to do some actual reading. Otherwise, watch YouTube videos as has been suggested.

3 hours ago, Ceryk said:

The Wiki is the comprehensive guide. That's the combined knowledge of the community and dataminers distilled down to as condensed package as possible. You will literally not find anything more informative or concise anywhere.

Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I'd avoid YouTube if you want comprehensive. They leave out A LOT of information. Partly because they race to get their videos out as fast as possible and partly because if they actually added all the information on the Wiki, it would make the videos longer and they'd have to wait longer for all that information to get put out. Plus a lot of frames get tweaked or tuned after launch so the information changes and a lot of YouTubers aren't going to go back and remake videos very often. YouTube videos are, at best, an opinionated overview. They are hardly comprehensive.

I meant more like tips and tricks, how to build, main abilities, etc. The wiki won't tell you which abilities are garbage and which ones are investing in. Those are things I want to know when I'm making builds targeted towards high-level content. 

1 minute ago, khangalanga said:

I meant more like tips and tricks, how to build, main abilities, etc. The wiki won't tell you which abilities are garbage and which ones are investing in. Those are things I want to know when I'm making builds targeted towards high-level content. 

But that's part of the fun of the game, figuring out that on your own. That being said, the only real alternative is to watch what some content creators on YouTube do. They tend to share their builds and talk about what abilities they focus on. You can use that as a baseline and tweak your Warframes accordingly to suit your style.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

But that's part of the fun of the game, figuring out that on your own. That being said, the only real alternative is to watch what some content creators on YouTube do. They tend to share their builds and talk about what abilities they focus on. You can use that as a baseline and tweak your Warframes accordingly to suit your style.

Not to discredit your definition of fun, but what you find fun and what I find fun are different, which is why I'm looking for guides. Personally, I hated playing saryn after leveling her up until I read a guide on how to synergize her abilities. After I learned how, she was buckets of fun for me. That's why I'm looking for other easy-to-read guides (compared to the wiki) for frames in case I'm missing the full potential of them.

3 minutes ago, khangalanga said:

Not to discredit your definition of fun, but what you find fun and what I find fun are different, which is why I'm looking for guides. Personally, I hated playing saryn after leveling her up until I read a guide on how to synergize her abilities. After I learned how, she was buckets of fun for me. That's why I'm looking for other easy-to-read guides (compared to the wiki) for frames in case I'm missing the full potential of them.

LOL. Fair enough. I haven't come across any text guides when it comes to builds and ability synergy. So I apologise I can't be more helpful.