The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Tell Me The Secret

SouthBi4ch

Question

22 answers to this question

Get a buddy, get Ventrilo and talk about random crap while you farm together.

Believe in RNG and hope for miracle.

the secret is:  don't grind all the time but mix farming with enjoyable missions and gameplay.

get a music playlist going

Get some clanmates and inbetween missions screw around in the dojo.

What they said, the more people chatting the merrier.

preetty much all of these:)

Edited by PiotrGracz

I usually get on just to chat with teammates and clan mates. Usually I'll hop on Ventrilo and we shoot the breeze.

As it magically happens, everything in game dies too. Don't know how it happens, and I don't really question it.

Music! Get an album that you like and enjoy. Play it louder than the game, and if it has songs you can actually think about and decipher the meaning of the lyrics/music, even better. Just make sure it doesn't bog you down with slow and drawn-out tracks :P

That said, I rarely farm. I just make sure to grab most stuff even when rushing a mission, and resources pile up on their own. The longest I had to farm for a frame was a single evening for Nyx.

But I still constantly play music. I don't know your tastes, but here's things that go well with Warframe in my experience: Sound Horizon, Queens of the Stone Age, Muse, Anais Mitchell (Hadestown in particular, actually), Abney Park, Daft Punk. Just to name a few.

Every single answer here is wrong. In your situation it just means that you dont like the game. I like warframe, I dont need to be on teamspeak/skype to play it and I dont need music in the BG while playing and I can play for hours and hours.

Dont bother forcing yourself to like the game or to make it less boring for you to play, in the end you just dont like it.

Every single answer here is wrong. In your situation it just means that you dont like the game. I like warframe, I dont need to be on teamspeak/skype to play it and I dont need music in the BG while playing and I can play for hours and hours.

Dont bother forcing yourself to like the game or to make it less boring for you to play, in the end you just dont like it.

Wait, let me get this straight. If you can't stand farming for two or more hours, you don't like playing Warframe? What kind of logic is that?

He, as well as many forumers here, can play for hours and hours and still like the game. Farming's just mind-numbing, sleep-inducing boring.

@South: Playing your favorite music in the background, eating, or entertaining your friends is the way to go if you want to pay attention while farming. If you're in defense, you can use Frost (Prime) to baby-sit the cyropod/artifact and keep a Snow Globe up every 30 to 47.4 seconds.

I've found the secret to farming in WarFrame is...to *not* farm.

I see all the time people posting farming strategies, and what's the best place to get XYZ, and OMG I've speed run this boss twenty times and not gotten a single -rare mat-. I guess another secret is that you'll get more rare mats from killing 100 trash then from killing a single boss 100 times. I just play the game and kill as many baddies and containers as I can.

A typical day of WarFrame for me looks like this

Run the highest level Boss the gear I'm currently leveling can handle

Run the boss that's dropping parts for the next Frame I want to build

Run an Void or two if I have keys

Run an Alert or two if they're giving something I want.

There's never been a time I got/bought Prints for something and didn't have the mats to build it. I have way more mats, including rare mats, then any of these 'farmers' say they have. I'm constantly building Frame, Helms, and Weapons, and I've still got enough mats left over that I'm starting work on my one man Dojo. And I've never 'farmed' once in this game.

Honestly, I can farm for hours due to my willpower and freetime. It bugs me to not have certain things, and I always have deadlines to get stuff by.

School's not here for until a month, and I've got the willpower to meet my goals before that.

I've been playing videogames for a long time. A lot of farming-based videogames (like Warframe) as well. I was ready for Warframe due to past experiences.

Right now, my goal is to min/max to a comfortable position in the game to the point I can just come back for only new hotfixes and updates.

That takes quite a bit of willpower, though.