The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Can I Fish For Murkray

MaalemHout

Question

On South-east shore at the ocean(near where the map ends, also has clear water) I spotted 2x Murkray which spawned at the same time as a Glappid somewhen around dawn I think. Otherwise tons of Goopoolla, some Tralok, Sharrac,Karkina. In the meantime during day a friend said he got like 7 as I was fishing with him. <.<  I threw about 20+ of both lowest baits and didn't seem to help at all.

Edit: Just had  Glappid and 2 Murkray again.  + was  randomly throwing  the   first bait at them. Beginner spear definitely works best against them.9544ca2812.jpg
37af24c556.jpg

Edited by xBasilisx

44 minutes ago, xBasilisx said:

On South-east shore at the ocean(near where the map ends, also has clear water) I spotted 2x Murkray which spawned at the same time as a Glappid somewhen around dawn I think. Otherwise tons of Goopoolla, some Tralok, Sharrac,Karkina. In the meantime during day a friend said he got like 7 as I was fishing with him. <.<  I threw about 20+ of both lowest baits and didn't seem to help at all.

Edit: Just had  Glappid and 2 Murkray again.  + was  randomly throwing  the   first bait at them. Beginner spear definitely works best against them.9544ca2812.jpg
37af24c556.jpg

Isn't the lanzo the beginner spear? You're using the tulok in those pictures.

Yeah Was testing bit around to see if people tried to fool me with 2 hits for Murkray.. + might have accidentally equipped it again.  + I get the feeling once Tralloks spawn you can give up hunting Murkrays :/ But was neat haul even if it took forever.   3bd49c73ec.jpg 71970f994b.jpg 

8 hours ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

I head that you have not to kill a single fish until the Murkray spawns, that the baits must be used in a specific way and such....is anything of that true? From those who actually got the fish, did you follow any specific rule?

Nope, I was just there fishing and checked that.
After getting like 2 random fish i threw murk bait and 3 of them popped up almost instantly.
I was using 1st cheapest spear.
Fished at same place as xBasilisx.
Completed fishing just before grineer alarm at plains (night coming).

Edited by NOVAXON

On 15.10.2017 at 8:46 PM, xBasilisx said:

37af24c556.jpg

Can confirm, got 4 here durning the night.

What worked for me. I fished the south east shore at night for the murkray. Using the proper bait, tier 1 dye, and tier 2 spear, I threw the murkray bait and dye into the white spray that appears on the water at times. When it stops the murkray stop but I moved to where the spray moved to and it worked again.

This seemed to work 100% of the time for me. I am sure glad I don't have to waste bait and dye anymore.

So the white spray at night seemed to be the key. Didn't try in the daytime but that would save dye if it works.

Edited by kreep2.0

ok so today i got a 3 hour resource booster as login bonus so i thought i'd finally get over myself (fishing=boring to me) and do the neccessary fishing to get some murkray bait to be able to fish a couple of those so i can finally build amp parts...

long story short, THIS is the result of 10x murkray bait at everyone's fav spot (lower right sea) at night:

https://i.imgur.com/AwqKucT.jpg

then i stopped, didn't want to waste the other 10, too.

i hate this so much right now :(

edit: i threw out 3 at the same time max... are we supposed to spam all 20 at once so something happens?! DO they stack?

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

1 hour ago, rudman88 said:
  • Rarely found on coast lines of the ocean during the night and day, where the water visibly bubbles.
  • (Speculation) Appear most active during dawn/dusk periods.
  • The Lanzo spear is most effective
  • Murkray Bait recommended

i met all of these conditions and yet...