Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerns regarding Teralys and upcoming Shieldaura change/nerf

InRainWeTrust

Since DE already mentioned that Shield Dischrage in combination with Drift is not intended to work on Teras like it does, everyone canassume DE will just plain disable it instead of adjusting it (its easier and we all know DE is not know for their fine tuning).

Regarding this (very likely) change they should as well get rid of the Shieldrecharge from Teras or nerf that hard as well. The amount recharged and it should have a cooldown. It just happened that the Tera did his Shield recharge 3 times in a row mere seconds after we depleted the shield, resulting in us not having enough time to actually defeat it. (Phase 4) This behaviour is just bullS#&$ and should NOT occur at all. I get it that the recharge happens and i am ok with it, but NOT with it having no cooldown at all, thanks for reading.

today me and a friend who was first time in the plains decides to piss off the eidolon. we dealt with the shield fairly quickly without me even explaining what to do. it's not hard. the sooner DE fixes this, the sooner people will actually learn how to deal with Eidolons instead of mindlessly shooting at it and getting their warframe killed every other attack.

4 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

today me and a friend who was first time in the plains decides to piss off the eidolon. we dealt with the shield fairly quickly without me even explaining what to do. it's not hard. the sooner DE fixes this, the sooner people will actually learn how to deal with Eidolons instead of mindlessly shooting at it and getting their warframe killed every other attack.

You missed the point. People dont WANT to use the Operator. And I cant blame them; Operators are terrible. 

On 10/15/2017 at 8:35 AM, BlackCoMerc said:

You missed the point. People dont WANT to use the Operator. And I cant blame them; Operators are terrible. 

If your Operator is terrible, it's either because you don't have enough Focus nodes unlocked to improve them, or because you need more practice in using them. They're a different tool than Warframes, not meant to be used directly for the majority of combat, but they have numerous uses. It's just a matter of working out what those uses are.

22 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

If your Operator is terrible, it's either because you don't have enough Focus nodes unlocked to improve them, or because you need more practice in using them. They're a different tool than Warframes, not meant to be used directly for the majority of combat, but they have numerous uses. It's just a matter of working out what those uses are.

By terrible, I mean they ARE NOT FUN. At all.

Slow, weak, fragile, clunky, cumbersome...they are not an enjoyable experience.

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

-complaint-

Again, there are nodes to fix all of these things, nodes that become universal given enough work. You have to remember, the Operators are kids who've been in cryosleep for eons. They're going to need some training before they're fluid in combat with their physical bodies. It's just like any other gear in Warframe; it requires grinding and effort before it's truly battle-worthy.

6 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Again, there are nodes to fix all of these things, nodes that become universal given enough work. You have to remember, the Operators are kids who've been in cryosleep for eons. They're going to need some training before they're fluid in combat with their physical bodies. It's just like any other gear in Warframe; it requires grinding and effort before it's truly battle-worthy.

Nodes to fix them? So...you want to play a slow, fragile, cumbersome, idiotic kid so that I can slowly grind levels just to make terrible game play tolerable? Or at least slightly less awful?

No.

Make it fun, engaging and worthwhile from the start. Or stop cramming it Archwing style down our throats. But don't expect me to grind levels to make your terrible mechanics slightly less terrible.

Operator mode is a disaster all round. Voice lines, movement, fragility, poor damage, terrible rewards...it's just... bad.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

6 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

-snip-

Inaros is one of the strongest Frames in the game. Opticor is a terrifying weapon. Galatine Prime is one of the best melee weapons flat-out. Now, take any of those into a mid-level mission unmodded. Are you still going to have fun? Is it still going to feel engaging? No, I can nearly guarantee you won't enjoy it in the slightest, because your tools haven't been brought up to par. You'll be doing pitiful damage and dying frequently despite having some of the best gear in the game, because you haven't put in the effort to improve it.

The same principle applies to Operators. While they're relatively clumsy and weak starting out, they become quite potent when you put in the effort to improve their abilities. You won't be using them to solo a high-level defense, but that's not what they're meant for; they're a supplement to your Warframe's abilities, and proper use means switching between the two frequently. Before PoE, I was able to solo Hydron up to wave 20 with unmodded weapons by switching between my Vauban and Operator frequently and utilizing their unique traits. With the new abilities granted by the "Warrior Operator" upgrade, this has become even easier. With them, you have CC, invulnerability, cloaking, and a more nimble movement ability than even a Warframe is capable of in short bursts, and this is all right out of the gates. Unlocking and improving nodes only strengthens and diversifies this kit. Use them to fill in the gaps in your loadout, and you'll see just how useful they can be.

Edited by EmissaryOfInfinity
To appease the overly sensitive

1 hour ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Inaros is one of the strongest Frames in the game. Opticor is a terrifying weapon. Galatine Prime is one of the best melee weapons flat-out. Now, take any of those into a mid-level mission unmodded. Are you still going to have fun? Is it still going to feel engaging? No, I can nearly guarantee you won't enjoy it in the slightest, because your tools haven't been brought up to par. You'll be doing pitiful damage and dying frequently despite having some of the best gear in the game, because you haven't put in the effort to improve it.

The same principle applies to Operators. While they're relatively clumsy and weak starting out, they become quite potent when you put in the effort to improve their abilities. You won't be using them to solo a high-level defense, but that's not what they're meant for; they're a supplement to your Warframe's abilities, and proper use means switching between the two frequently. Before PoE, I was able to solo Hydron up to wave 20 with unmodded weapons by switching between my Vauban and Operator frequently and utilizing their unique traits. With the new abilities granted by the "Warrior Operator" upgrade, this has become even easier. With them, you have CC, invulnerability, cloaking, and a more nimble movement ability than even a Warframe is capable of in short bursts, and this is all right out of the gates. Unlocking and improving nodes only strengthens and diversifies this kit. Use them to fill in the gaps in your loadout, and you'll see just how useful they can be.

Due to your literally putting words in my mouth that I never wrote, as an intentional personal attack, I have reported your post.

I'm done here. You're ignored.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

4 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Due to your literally putting words in my mouth that I never wrote, as an intentional personal attack, I have reported your post.

I'm done here. You're ignored.

Wow lol no need to be rude about it, if you don’t like the operator don’t use them 

2 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

The point people are trying to make is that no matter what nodes you work on improving, it's not going to improve gameplay or enjoyment of the operator itself. I'm still running Zenurik and even though I have more than enough focus affinity to max out energizing dash, I only ever use them to deploy the energy pulse and perform tasks that only they can do. There's nothing else in the zenurik school, or any other focus school for that matter, that would encourage me or people like me to take the operator out more often. That's the concern. Firing a weak laser beam and only having 250 base health with little to no armor or mobility isn't a good way to entice people into playing with them. And no, giving their dash, blast or void mode a couple extra perks isn't suddenly going to change that.

Yes we haven't had much time to consider content from the Quills and whether or not the items that faction offers will make operators viable and fun. It doesn't help that the only way to improve the Quills' rep is to grind teralysts and turning in exceptional cores, because the intact ones are awful and nobody wants to work towards flawless. For that reason, people are looking for the quickest way to take them down, hence why shield disruption+1 coaction drift is such a popular meta right now. Nobody enjoys the chore that is bringing a weak operator for shield-breaking duty against something that doesn't even acknowledge you exist and lives only as a massive bullet sponge.

You want to start getting people to enjoy the operator,  consider harkoning back to why people love playing with the warframes. High mobility, vast diversity in ability kits and weapons. Try and incorporate that to operators by giving them a wide number of abilities they can cast based on focus school and let them mix and match as they see fit. Give Zenurik operators a power that makes enemies drop loot by ripping them out of their pockets (and maybe through their ribcage, causing damage), give Naramon operators the power to enchant warframe weapons to have a chance at causing an AoE confusion on attack, etc.

4 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

-snip-

That's exactly what maxing out the Focus schools does, though. They only have 250 health at base, but this can be brought close to Warframe levels with the Vazarin passive. They're slow initially, but the Naramon passive puts them at a much higher pace, and their Void Dashes rival Bullet Jumps at that point. And these self-enhancement nodes become universal at some point, meaning with enough work your Operator can be as physically competent and fluid to use as a Warframe. This is couples with the unique setup that your other Focus nodes and chosen Amp will provide, ranging from a mobile mini-Cataclysm, to a long-range Void grenade launcher. They seem gimmicky at first, but given time for everything to settle in I'm confident people will start to understand how wholly different the Operators are now from their former incarnation.

That said, I do get where you're coming from. For a long time, Operator mode was very useless, and it's going to take a long while for people to get over that. Not to mention there are still people who, for whatever reason, are vehemently against Operators existing at all (which I find rather hilarious, considering they've been alluded to since the days of closed beta).

Edited by EmissaryOfInfinity