Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any other way to get a 75% discount?

DKDNZ

I am desperately in need of a 75% discount. I don't need any twitch drops or "plat" giveaways. Just the discount to buy some platinum to improve my game experience. The game is so much fun but right now I only log in to see if I get a discount. I would like to get some skins, colors and other stuff from the market. I already bought some platinum when I started in September with Oberon prime access. But I used it for the wrong things.

DE is so generous with giveaways that I thought eventually there is another way to get the 75% discount.

Thanks for the help!

P.S.: today I got a 20% discount (again) and I swear there was a tear in my eye. Stopped playing and watch twitch... waiting for tomorrow. *sadface*

Edited by DKDNZ

1 minute ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Rumor has it that not logging in for three-four days will increase the odds of getting a discount when you finally do log in, but I have no idea whether it's just confirmation bias or an actual thing. Worth a try if you aren't actually playing lately.

Its not confirmed but it basicly is. every single time I log in after taking a short break I get a discount. but even after 5 years of playing I have only ever gotten a 75 like 6 times.

WwJdqus.gif

It's not completely rng there are forces at work shifting the balance.  In four years I've had three I think and all in the last eighteen months.  I've bought PA several times this is obviously factored in, a friend gets them a couple of times a month though she doesn't play daily and often doesn't use them.  

However I stopped playing for several months and still didn't get one.

Edited by Sabreracer

From my experience you have higher odds for an discount after not playing for around a week (at least then an discount was mostly the login bonus but mostly just the 20% one).

Honestly i even would go so far to say that some Login bonuses could/should be removed cus you can farm the amount so many more times then it gives from the bonus (like credits and recources). The BP somewhat meh espacilly if you have them already or you have build the weapon here it would have been nice if the game "detects" your inventory to simply remove this reward entirely cus for what should i build the thing again?

I maybe would even go so far to say reduce the Daily bonus to the booster and the discount and at least once per month you have the chance to recieve 50-150 Plat (just as an example number here) via the daily login. I currently wait for an 75% discount as well cus i need more slots again but all my build projects are stuck in the foundry until i have more space available again and cus i wanna own every weapon/frame/sentinel (except the ones that have a Prime version) at least 1 time.

3 hours ago, DKDNZ said:

I am desperately in need of a 75% discount. I don't need any twitch drops or "plat" giveaways. Just the discount to buy some platinum to improve my game experience. The game is so much fun but right now I only log in to see if I get a discount. I would like to get some skins, colors and other stuff from the market. I already bought some platinum when I started in September with Oberon prime access. But I used it for the wrong things.

DE is so generous with giveaways that I thought eventually there is another way to get the 75% discount.

Thanks for the help!

P.S.: today I got a 20% discount (again) and I swear there was a tear in my eye. Stopped playing and watch twitch... waiting for tomorrow. *sadface*

Kudos for your artful construction of a "beg" thread 😊.  It tugged my heartstrings a little.

The key: TELL THE COMMUNITY WHAT YOU WANT (specifically) AND IT MIGHT GET GIFTED TO YOU.

Because people appreciate a good hook in this community.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Kudos for your artful construction of a "beg" thread 😊.  It tugged my heartstrings a little.

The key: TELL THE COMMUNITY WHAT YOU WANT (specifically) AND IT MIGHT GET GIFTED TO YOU.

Because people appreciate a good hook in this community.

Yes, just a little begging. :) And yes this community is great, every one is trying to help. Not a stupid post!

And no I don't want any gifts!

Ironically the way to get a 75% discount is to not play for an extended period in my own meandering experience of this game.

I recently came back after a break from the game and on my 2nd login my first 75% appeared after over a thousand hours played.

A friend of mine who plays for over 2 and a half years told me this: For over 18 month (he logged in daily) he never got a 75% discount and only 2 50% ones, he then started to play less frequently sometimes not login in for 2 weeks at a time, he also discards 20% discounts and even 50% ones, roughly every 2-3 months he gets a 75% discount and buys the big plat package.

The trick is, NOT to login daily, not to use the lower end discounts and be patient. I also got my first 75% some weeks ago and not login in for awhile is indeed key. 

Edited by TwistedDee

I will say that logging in on a daily basis, discounts are thrown my way. That's if I don't purchase any plat for a period of time. I did get a 75% discount a few days ago, and recently got a 50% discount for doing nothing more than logging in, claim my daily reward, check to see what sorties are running and logging off. Have not made a direct plat purchase in a little over a year.

This even happens to a friend of mine who never purchases plat and has been playing for two years. It's a way to grab a players retention by giving them some incentive to invest into the game.