Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappearing Mods During Gameplay

Patrynio

So, I've recently felt like I've been getting a lot less mods. Not that the drop rate was changed, but they just disappear.

Example: I've been doing Void Raid T2 solo, destroyed canisters in those two big spheres on the ceiling and made everything drop from both. Went to one side, collected orbs, went to the other side, and there were 2 mod drops. When approached, they just disappeared from my screen. Nothing happened, just disappeared. Walking over them made no difference.

Another example: on Xini,after a few waves people were collecting mods which didn't exist for me. It's not that I've collected them earlier, I've been collecting them every wave, but after some time people were getting 3-4 mods per wave, and for me it was around 1. I even saw one of them disappear right as I was looking at one from a distance.

I've been experiencing this since 9.2.2 patch, maybe it was sooner, but I've never noticed before. I'm playing on the lowest settings, maybe they just despawn because of the item limit count on the ground, but why the MODS first!? I could understand that items despawn, like ammo, energy balls disappear after time. But mods first? After a few seconds?

If someone knows the solution to this, please share. If there is none, please DE, fix this.

TL;DR: Mods disappear before you can pick them up, I'm playing on the lowest settings, they just despawn after seconds or don't appear at all.

This has always happened with void canister mod drops. It's to promote sticking together in limited-availability runs and not running around like madmen.

I dont think I've ever seen mods disappear in normal missions though. I've even waited until wave 10 to pick up a mod(by accident) that dropped on wave one.

Edited by AureusVulpes

Solution: farm somewhere other than Xini (?)

There are other missions you know. Also, I can't imagine that if you've been farming Xini that you've not maxed all of your Warframe ability mods already. If you're farming Xini for mods, you'd get better mod fusion rate by farming a different faction, since infested mainly drop Warframe ability polarity.

Thanks for the quick responses! : )

This has always happened with void canister mod drops. It's to promote sticking together in limited-availability runs and not running around like madmen.

Thanks, I didn't know about those red mods!

Solution: farm somewhere other than Xini (?)

There are other missions you know. Also, I can't imagine that if you've been farming Xini that you've not maxed all of your Warframe ability mods already. If you're farming Xini for mods, you'd get better mod fusion rate by farming a different faction, since infested mainly drop Warframe ability polarity.

It isn't a solution at all. I farm Xini for T3 Void keys, I have pretty much every mod I need, aside from a select few, but this isn't the point. Despawning mod drops is a problem, and probably it doesn't happen only in Xini defense.