Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa - Nvidia Beta Drivers - 326.19 - Do Not Use

BoogieMan82

Beta drivers are not a good idea unless your system is extremely unstable. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64026-diagnosing-system-crashes/ (See #1)

That being said, the new 326.19 Beta Drivers WILL cause Warframe to Crash/Hangup on Startup.  DO NOT USE OR INSTALL.

If you have already installed, I suggest rolling back to: 320.49 WHQL

How do I make sure not to install Beta Drivers for Nvidia?

If you have GeForce Experience:

-Open GeForce Experience

-Preferences > Updates > Make sure "Include Beta Updates" is unchecked

If you don't have GeForce Experience:

-Open Nvidia Control Panel

-System Update > Update Your System Drivers > Make Sure "Include Beta Updates" is Unchecked

Is the crash/hangup issue with that beta driver something that just recently came up?

The reason I ask is because I have been running that driver since it was released on the 18th and have not had any problems with Warframe.

Since they added the resource hog app that runs in back ground, not a chance of that.  Currently still on 314.22 as the newer drivers dropped my FPS dramatically in defence missions

In all honesty you should be doing a custom install of your drivers when it comes to the nvidia stuff anyways. On my system I never update anything other than the drivers for graphics and physx, because you can omit geforce experience/hd audio/3d vision etc if you're not using them.

Is the crash/hangup issue with that beta driver something that just recently came up?

The reason I ask is because I have been running that driver since it was released on the 18th and have not had any problems with Warframe.

I'm assuming it's actually an issue that only effects some people and/or some setups. I have zero problems with these drivers as well.

I'm using 326.19, and it just works fine.

Have not yet gotten a crash due to driver reset. The game even works fine on 326.01.

The ONLY issue is that, the game crashes if I enable SLI on both drivers. 314.22 didn't have this issue, so yeah 314.22 WHQL drivers for us 500 users is still gold in Warframe.

I'm not quite sure a PSA is necessary if most of the people commenting on this thread claim that the drivers are working fine. We've been using the 326.19 beta drivers for quite awhile now and have yet to experience any crashes.

You may want to try submitting a support ticket with your log / dxdiag.