The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't Alerts That Only Give Credits Also Give Rare Materials?

theangelbelow88

Like the title says, its a simple idea that I think would make a lot of players very happy and help with the grind of having to farm control modules, orokin cells, etc., and lets face it most players don't run missions that only give credits, so this would also encourage players to do so.

Edited by theangelbelow88

Not just rares.  Any material, scaled to an appropriate amount.  1 rare could easily be 1000 ferrite and still be worth it, especially to add some diversity to the daily grind.  "Oh look, a circuits alert.  Out clan should run it so we can donate them all to finish this obstacle course."

Edited by Callback

Not just rares.  Any material, scaled to an appropriate amount.  1 rare could easily be 1000 ferrite and still be worth it, especially to add some diversity to the daily grind.  "Oh look, a circuits alert.  Out clan should run it so we can donate them all to finish this obstacle course."

I kinda agree but I rather run one level and earn 1000 ferrite guaranteed vs having to run a level with no guarantee of of getting what I need, example: having to run hyena 5 times to get one control module, I think if more common materials are added(which can be farmed easily) it bloats the chance of getting much harder to get items, that one would need.

Edited by theangelbelow88

I kinda agree but I rather run one level and earn 1000 ferrite guaranteed vs having to run a level with no guarantee of of getting what I need, example: having to run hyena 5 times to get one control module, I think if more common materials are added(which can be farmed easily) it bloats the chance of getting much harder to get items, that one would need.

How would it be bad?  The alert would tell you ahead of time what the resource is.  Run the ones you need.  It's always a guarantee to get it, in addition to whatever drops inside the mission.

How would it be bad?  The alert would tell you ahead of time what the resource is.  Run the ones you need.  It's always a guarantee to get it, in addition to whatever drops inside the mission.

Rare materials rewards wouldn't come up as frequently because there are more common and uncommon materials then there are rare ones, so odds are the reward would be one of the none-rare materials, which again can be easily farmed.

To be honest I love this idea, give me a reason to do most of the Alerts. After getting over 2m credits, I just stopped bothering with Alerts, but if they actually gave resourced, like Orokin Cells or Gallium, or even fairly large stacks of Plastids or Alloy Plates, they'd once again gain there allure. +1 For this sterf~