Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Murkray fish - where and how

xenonox

Question

Same  boat, it's driving me slightly mad.

I already use that spot but I have yet to see one and apparently there are some bait mechanics unclear as a few reported to have them working but many reported to have completely wasted all of them for nothing. And it's not like they're cheap.

At this point I'm really hoping it's bugged; if it's not the case, the game really needs to give us more info, we can't always figure out stuff from streamers, Reddit, Wiki or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, -Krose said:

Same here... for me the baits never works, or i dont know how they work... i just drop them there and nothing happens.

Honestly, for 5K rep it either MUST work just like that or MUST have a proper tutorial/info. I'm ok with it working - say - only during nightime in a specific spot only before other fishes come and being put in the bubbly spots, that's a bit complicated but fine; BUT you can't really make me waste all my rep while trying to figure out something like that, you HAVE to tell me how it works if it's not something intuitive or with not more than a couple of steps.

Brozime is also not impressed.

I might be a sort of Brozime fanboy, but regardless of the tone he's just right.

Edited by Sir_Alex_Traffo

After the latest patch, in that spot, at night, I caught a 4 murkrays of all sizes using the bait. During the day however i had none. However i had about 8 spawns total with 7 bait, so just a quick warning, they will get stuck in the rocks and despawn. 

Edit: after doing further testing, around sunset, 1 bait gave me 4 large murkrays. So im not sure if the time of day matters, but the bait definally works now. 

Edited by Darealslenderman

I've only now just managed to catch some murkray.

I used the special bait at night, along with the luminous dye to see them. Tulok spear at the location to the Southeast everyone seems to have luck at.

What a frustrating experience. Using 16 of the bait (I had used 4 during the day before I read that they might only pop up at night), I caught a whopping four fish.

To the baits credit, 7 total spawned, one spawned in the ground, and 2 fled past the edge of the dye's effect after the first strike, and having never seen them again, I assume they despawned.

Whats even the point of a bait that only occasionally draws in the fish its tailored to? One that takes the bits of 40 other fish to make, might I add. Sometimes not even Goopola would show up. I was fine fishing up the low tier fish, I wouldn't even be bothering with the rare ones if they weren't needed for a better amp if the bait works so poorly.

Ok, so attempt 2: I discovered that throwing bait into these odd, almost bubble-ring like textures seems to almost guarantee spawns, that or RNG decided to be gentle for once.. In one fishing trip, at night and at the south eastern coast, I caught over a dozen Murkray while using only 13 of my bait.

Not sure how well steam screenshots work on this website, but I'll try posting them anyhow:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1175615678

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1175615753

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1175615564

Good hunting fellos

11 minutes ago, Mugufta said:

In one fishing trip, at night and at the south eastern coast, I caught over a dozen Murkray while using only 13 of my bait

I find that sometimes the bait does not spawn in any Murkrays. However, I frequently get at least four forma single bait. So it is okay.

I fish at dawn or dusk and tend to get enough. Not sure if the time is important.

15 hours ago, krc473 said:

I find that sometimes the bait does not spawn in any Murkrays. However, I frequently get at least four forma single bait. So it is okay.

When I was throwing bait into those ring textures, the ones that look like when a flying enemies is hovering over the water, I was getting them to spawn almost every time.About 3-4 per bait, I would have caught more if the tulok spear caught them in one hit more regularly as they'd usually swim outside the effect are of the luminous dye after the first strike. I screenshot bubble ring things, first link, but I am not sure how well this forums handles steam links, can't even use the URL for insert media =/.

30 minutes ago, Mugufta said:

tulok spear

The lanzo is for murkrays.

I am finding that I get fish from the bait about 80% of the time. But they come in fairly decent amounts (7 last time).

30 minutes ago, Mugufta said:

I screenshot bubble ring things, first link, but I am not sure how well this forums handles steam links, can't even use the URL for insert media

I suggest imgur for that. You can paste the .png link straight to the forums to show your image.

Start of one of the ripples. This is where I catch Murkrays.

cIFvyZ1.png

Set of bubbles in Cetus Lake

uWwa47I.png

Edited by krc473
added spoiler

Ok, I was catching absolutely nothing, I tried many of the tips you guys left and here are my results: I just catched 28 murks, 100% of them spawned after throwing the murk bait on the ripples, I've noticed that once you catch enough the ripples disappear and change zones. I followed the ripples around and I started catching these sob's like crazy, I'd say around 1-4 per bait,  2.8 average since I used 10 total to catch them. I used the Lanzo. Hope this helps.

On 21.10.2017 at 6:24 AM, krc473 said:

I fish at dawn or dusk and tend to get enough. Not sure if the time is important.

The time seems to be important. When I first went after Murkrays, I came at this spot at dusk, and the moment night fell and I used murkray bait, they started spawning in 2s and even 3s, from 4 to over 20 kg, but deeper into the night spawn rates gradually diminished.

ef47fcdae8e15677a1db0eaeedbe2607.png

Edited by Bouldershoulder

On 21/10/2017 at 6:59 PM, TheLeonBM said:

Ok, I was catching absolutely nothing, I tried many of the tips you guys left and here are my results: I just catched 28 murks, 100% of them spawned after throwing the murk bait on the ripples, I've noticed that once you catch enough the ripples disappear and change zones. I followed the ripples around and I started catching these sob's like crazy, I'd say around 1-4 per bait,  2.8 average since I used 10 total to catch them. I used the Lanzo. Hope this helps.

Follow up: this method consistently works. It always spawn at least one, a little more during dawn and dusk, but still works perfectly fine at any time of day.

60 baits, resource booster, got 200+ murkrays.

Follow these steps:

1,stay away from shore ( so fishes wont spawn yet)

2.look for hotspot (water ripple)

3.use your luminous dye

4.quickly approach the hotspot and throw murkray bait

5.watch 2-5 of them spawn

6.when dye is 20 sec remaining, stay away from shore again

7.repeat
8JdyL3v.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mugufta said:

Is there still a cap on the fish you can actually bring into Cetus? If yes, that is a lot of wasted fish. Still good proof of process, well done

I got all of the fishes. I was able to sell 80 large murkrays for 400plat