Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Don't Make Me Fish

Foxbat40

Yeah...

I don't mind hunting and killing stuff, that's the way I like to grind. At least make those scales and oils drop from somewhere else, maybe even in small ammounts. I'm just back from a fishing and mining session and decided it was my last. I wont be getting the reps or the itens because, for me, it's simply not fun.

I understand and cherish the team's effort on doing this, tho. I know there's people that like it. Just please... don't make it something necessary. Give us alternate ways.

I don't see the issue here. Fishing is already only contained to the plains, and within that. You don't really need that much of anything to get what you "need". They just nerfed fish costs across the board again. What more do you people want? 

On 10/17/2017 at 8:10 AM, Foxbat40 said:

Please do not make me fish.

I don't want to fish.

Please add enough fish crafting parts into the Bounty rewards as to give us an alternate means of advancement.

This is Warframe not Fishframe. 

Alternatively revise your crafting system entirely so that fishing is not needed at all. Relegate fishing to cosmetic components.

44 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

I don't see the issue here. Fishing is already only contained to the plains, and within that. You don't really need that much of anything to get what you "need". They just nerfed fish costs across the board again. What more do you people want? 

We want to play Warframe, NOT Minecraft. Fishing SHOULD NOT GATE PROGRESSION IN WARFRAME.

Why is this SO HARD to grasp?

On 17/10/2017 at 7:31 PM, Noctah said:

Absolutely, it should. I really like fishing in games, yet I know it's implemented really badly.Fishing should be a sidequest.

Let's take the example of fishing in Zelda Ocarina of Time: If you spent hours fishing in that game, you'd get a Heart Piece or two — it's a very small power advantage that you probably won't need to beat the final boss and finish the game, but if you want to complete the game 100%, you need to get all 20 Hearts in the game. It's bragging rights, and it makes you pleased with yourself once you attain it.

Contrast this with the current release of PoE: if you don't fish, you don't get a custom Amp for your Operator. No custom Amp (and no Shield Disruption...) means that you'll have a much harder time with Eidolons, People with upgraded Amps have reported that they can practically Solo the Eidolon with their new toy, since it's so strong compared to the default Mote Amp. No Eidolon = many other new systems gets locked off completely. Not to mention the Archwing Launcher debacle... I'd say we dodged a bullet on the x150 fish oil thing, but even the x50 fish oil crafting costs are a bad thing.

TL;DR: Warframe's Fishing should be a self-contained "Sidequest" like in Zelda, with its rewards being bragging rights/cosmetics. The idea of Fish Trophies is great, and trading Fish Parts for Companion skins at the Tamer fits perfectly. Linking them to Gameplay / Combat, however? Bad move.

While I DO like fishing, especially since I had burnt out on the game quite badly, I do agree with the spirit of it. Mining and Fishing should be side-activities. Activities that give something, yes, but side activities nonetheless.

Yes, I do have dozens of traloks and goopollas and what have you. Yes, I can max out my Ostron standing just by trading those in. And yes, I can make a dozen-or-so items with them. But I shouldn't HAVE to fish to get things that are -or are going to be- essential. The power difference from my 2nd Amp compared to my Mote Amp is... insane. And while, I do agree that Amps should play a role (they are, as of right now the only thing equivalent to a 'mod' or 'weapon' we have on our Operators) in the higher-level content (that is; Sentients as they are the ONLY ONES with a vulnerability to Void energy -and they should REMAIN THE ONLY ONES), we shouldn't have to resort to an unrelated activity, either ourselves or by proxy, to get those items.

While I WILL continue to fish (as I said, I like it), I believe there should be more ways to acquire those items/resources (or, well, alternative BPs for the same thing) so that Fishing and Mining are going to remain what they are; an interesting diversion, a side-quest, but not a game-definer.

• 2 weeks later...

Our wish has been granted -- at least for an alternative to fishing rare fish parts.  With the plague star bounty mission you can now see Nakak in Cetus and trade in bounty points for rare fish parts by selecting operational supply. As far as I can tell there is no limit to the number of Plague Star bounties you can run.  You get 1000 operational supply points per bounty run.  There are only 3 levels, each is an additional 1000 points, so you can reach the max level in 3 runs.