Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The DMG the Chargers inflict is not weak

Harazard

Title says it all i lose 20-30 shields per hit from one beastie imagine several others with it.And that was on a rank 30 charger too.Please fix the damage you gotta play with others just to win anything in the high ranked infested missions.If you go solo you die like a dog

First: this is suposed to be co-op so solo is not a wise decision.

Secondly: 20-30 shield? My excalibur is level 20 and has 500 shield and 300 health! I think you need more mods because 30 shield is nothing, no offence.

The game offers solo option so it should be balanced for solo, but scale for coop, Currently it does not. Also, he is probably low level so 20-30 shields is a big deal when you only have 100 or 125 to being with. At lvl 30 content, they strip off 100-150 per hit. Also, it sounds like your frame has a reactor. This is a F2P game where many free players will be using frames locked at lvl 15 options.

What I'm hearing is that their damage needs a buff. They should hit so hard you don't even consider soloing rank 30.

A buff? No thanks. First of all if you try to solo you're already swarm with about 5 of them charging at you in just about every direction unless it's a straight path forward. Not everyone is a crazy gamer. If things become too hard for people to handle they just quit and leave. I play against these chargers and the things that annoy me the most is how they cause me to stumble when I get hit then there the getting surrounded part where I can even escape. I keep getting hit by 5 of them at a time and stumble can't move, can't shoot, can't jump to escape, can't even use a skill. They rip through my 480 shield and 400 hp in seconds. Don't start telling me to get better mods. Mods for the most part are base on luck.

They have a few different attacks. If it's just the bump while they are moving, it's really low damage, it's main effect is to stagger you. If they are next to you and wind up a claw attack, or if a couple of them are next to you just slashing away, then you will lose everything in a couple hits.

Chargers are the nastiest thing I have really seen lately. Bosses are just tricky. Grinders are just annoying. Toxic's are weak if you don't let them get close enough to fart on you. Disruptors are a major annoyance but no real trouble.

But chargers bump you and then eat you alive in a few moments if you get caught by a couple of them. They are the best argument for knowing how to escape ground fights in any room. You never want to be stuck in one spot if there are chargers coming. Unless of course the chargers can't actually get to you wherever you are.

What I'm hearing is that their damage needs a buff. They should hit so hard you don't even consider soloing rank 30.

Well, sure, if it's only specifically for you. And maybe the game should also reformat your hard drive if you fail a mission. Just yours, mind you, since apparently you like mechanics like that.

More seriously, why do people keep insisting that you shouldn't be able to play on your own?

I mean, if you want a difficulty slider that goes from Easy to Normal to Hard to Masochistic to Totally Impossible (wherein every enemy which spawns is a high-tier enemy: imagine 300 J3-Golems or Phorids) all power to you. You can play on Totally Impossible all you want. But people who go "Yeah well you shouldn't be able to play the way you want to" are just crapping all over other people who want to have fun.

Also, some people have very few friends online at the times they typically play and really hate pubbies. As a bonus most pubbies are just running the same levels for parts. Denying people the ability to progress is bad mmmkay?

Just go slowly and cautiously and mow them down when they rush you. Grinders are currently annoying to fight/almost impossible with some weapons. Chargers are just dangerous and need to be killed.

It would be nice if infested missions in this game ended up playing like killing floor.

I get 50s to shield past 30~. Hard hitting Charger is nice. But hard hitting, mobbing, stunning charger is pretty absurd when you consider the fact every other infected stuns too.

I'd love to see Lancer infested we have now stays spawning in same numbers and deals similar damage but never stuns. And have Trooper infected added that is rarer and but does what exactly current Lancer does. I mean Lancer infested drives people crazy becase they come in packs of 4-6 and mostly supported by Runners and Leapers, whose only trick is stunning.

Edited by KONAir

I'm bringing this topic back because we've had a hotfix a bit ago. I find it disappointing that one of the most discussed issues on the forum since update 6 hasn't had a single noticeable change yet. These things are just ridiculous. Sure, I love a challenge, but not something that's annoying. The only thing that really works against these things is kiting, and this isn't exactly a strategy you want to use on an infested level. 1 of them is a bother, but no big deal because it can't stagger you repeatedly. 2+ in your face and chances are you are being pushed constantly and watching your shields/health drain far faster than something with a "weak" attack label should ever be doing. I noticed a difficulty change when I first fought them in the Earth sector after update 6 and posted about them being a bit overpowered, but I didn't fight enough of them to really notice just how ridiculous they are. I've been in the Jupiter region lately again farming volt blueprints and this is a mid-level area. My Excalibur is rank 30 and has over 500 shields. I also didn't have anywhere near that when I first came to this area. I don't understand how a mid-level enemy with "weak" damage is doing about 100 shields worth of damage and staggering Tennos with ease. It just doesn't make sense! How has there not been any change yet? Not to mention my Boltor nerf now makes me use more ammo on them. Tons of chargers spawn, and in the Golem's level, tons of ancients spawn as well! Nothing like having your shields drained in one hit by the 2-3 disrupters that spawned for no reason while you were fighting off hoards of chargers/runners/leapers and couldn't leave the room, and then having all of your health fade away about 100x7 chargers per second after the "disruption". I think I've made my point about chargers and while I'm here I'd also like to bring up the disrupters again. Having all of your shields AND energy drained in one hit is bullS#&$. Especially since this happens in infested levels where there are tons of enemies at once. Not only are you exposed, but all of your abilities to get out of the situation are gone. I'll admit that the only thing that really saves me from an already started charger gang-up are my Excalibur's sword dash, and Radial Javelin. Which I can't use if all my energy is gone, and sometimes I don't even have time to use from mid-level chargers with "weak" attacks. I haven't even mentioned the times I've died because my sword dash doesn't plow the enemies and in fact only hits maybe one of the chargers and I've stuck in my animation gettting clawed to death. My abilties are my only way out. You can't get out of the staggering any other way.

Edited by Draxxon

I'm bringing this topic back because we've had a hotfix a bit ago. I find it disappointing that one of the most discussed issues on the forum since update 6 hasn't had a single noticeable change yet. These things are just ridiculous.

Sure, I love a challenge, but not something that's annoying. The only thing that really works against these things is kiting, and this isn't exactly a strategy you want to use on an infested level. 1 of them is a bother, but no big deal because it can't stagger you repeatedly. 2+ in your face and chances are you are being pushed constantly and watching your shields/health drain far faster than something with a "weak" attack label should ever be doing.

I noticed a difficulty change when I first fought them in the Earth sector after update 6 and posted about them being a bit overpowered, but I didn't fight enough of them to really notice just how ridiculous they are. I've been in the Jupiter region lately again farming volt blueprints and this is a mid-level area. My Excalibur is rank 30 and has over 500 shields. I also didn't have anywhere near that when I first came to this area. I don't understand how a mid-level enemy with "weak" damage is doing about 100 shields worth of damage and staggering Tennos with ease. It just doesn't make sense! How has there not been any change yet?

Not to mention my Boltor nerf now makes me use more ammo on them. Tons of chargers spawn, and in the Golem's level, tons of ancients spawn as well! Nothing like having your shields drained in one hit by the 2-3 disrupters that spawned for no reason while you were fighting off hoards of chargers/runners/leapers and couldn't leave the room, and then having all of your health fade away about 100x7 chargers per second after the "disruption". I think I've made my point about chargers and while I'm here I'd also like to bring up the disrupters again.

Having all of your shields AND energy drained in one hit is bullS#&$. Especially since this happens in infested levels where there are tons of enemies at once. Not only are you exposed, but all of your abilities to get out of the situation are gone. I'll admit that the only thing that really saves me from an already started charger gang-up are my Excalibur's sword dash, and Radial Javelin. Which I can't use if all my energy is gone, and sometimes I don't even have time to use from mid-level chargers with "weak" attacks.

I haven't even mentioned the times I've died because my sword dash doesn't plow the enemies and in fact only hits maybe one of the chargers and I've stuck in my animation gettting clawed to death. My abilties are my only way out. You can't get out of the staggering any other way.

I put some cracks in your wall.

Yeah chargers and grinders rank up there for most annoying enemies in this game. Basically anything that stuns you annoys me. Thing is, I can deal with the idea of being stunned, it's CONTINUOUS stuns that start ruining the experience. Grinders so much as touch you and you get stunned. Multiple grinders around you and you can't reload, or revive, or do much at all, but at least they are lower health, and don't do as much damage.

Chargers on the other hand can continuously stun you, AND do much larger chunks of damage, but are easier to hit at least.

Personally while I'd love stun effects to get removed, I know they're not going anywhere. At the very least, however, it'd be nice if it was toned down substantially. Perma-stun is NOT fun. Being reliant on your abilities to get out of a situation, is kinda lame, especially when not every class has a dash ability.

As far as infested go, I'd personally like to see them lose a lot of stun and some damage for better gap closers. Teleports, more temporary speed boosts and pulls would go a long way to shaking up their kit and giving them a definite role as a faction, while not being quite as extreme between frustrating and laughably easy as they are now.

Grinders could definitely do with being a bit bigger.