Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet trader feels incredibly unfinished.

ADirtyMonk

Literally the only purpose of this trader is to sell cosmetics (mask trader feels unfinished too in this regard)

He feels like a huge missed opportunity and could be incorporated into a needed update to the pet system. 3 major things I would like to see.

1. Method to change pet breed at a cost.

2. Could sell blueprints for specialized DNA stabilizers (pet food made from plains materials) that confers timed status buffs for pet (ex. can increase bonus attack/hp >200% when pet is well fed, increase pet casting frequency, attack speed, etc). Maybe some pet food that changes size/body type of pet.

3. Could be basis of a system that allows further pet maturation beyond rank 30 based on how long the  pet has been used by the player (ex. new maturation stage at 20/50/100/200 hours mission time) that confers permanent stat boosts (more armor, hp, cast frequency, ability strength, improved AI, etc). Given pets require constant upkeep (as opposed to sentinels) this would reward dedicated pet users and maybe even make up for the lack of a pet vacuum.

Ideally the depth I would like to see is something similar to the breeding system in pokemon games but that's probably too complicated.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

Agreed, was surprised by how barren their options looked like. Let's keep our fingers crossed the devs will actually add more interesting stuff for them to sell. I like the idea of pet foods to sell, also maybe you could "train" your pet as well, have an option to send your pet with the trader - for a cost - for a certain amount of time to rank up, maybe have a chance to earn not only XP of course but also mods for the pets and hidden passive buffs (low chance with the passives, but still) and maybe a low chance of adding a polarity for the pet on an unpolarized slot. Oh, and more incubator upgrade segments to lower stasis recovery time, or it could be something like a pet food stimulus or another one use item to give to your pet to instantly bring it up to speed, give the trader certain fish glands and weird plant leaves and some money, and he'll give you something which will have your pet alert and up in no time.

Edited by SnuggleBuckets

1 hour ago, ADirtyMonk said:

Literally the only purpose of this trader is to sell cosmetics (mask trader feels unfinished too in this regard)

He feels like a huge missed opportunity and could be incorporated into a needed update to the pet system. 3 major things I would like to see.

1. Method to change pet breed at a cost.

2. Could sell blueprints for specialized DNA stabilizers (pet food made from plains materials) that confers timed status buffs for pet (ex. can increase bonus attack/hp >200% when pet is well fed, increase pet casting frequency, attack speed, etc). Maybe some pet food that changes size/body type of pet.

3. Could be basis of a system that allows further pet maturation beyond rank 30 based on how long the  pet has been used by the player (ex. new maturation stage at 20/50/100/200 hours mission time) that confers permanent stat boosts (more armor, hp, cast frequency, ability strength, improved AI, etc). Given pets require constant upkeep (as opposed to sentinels) this would reward dedicated pet users and maybe even make up for the lack of a pet vacuum.

Ideally the depth I would like to see is something similar to the breeding system in pokemon games but that's probably too complicated.

I imagine he is unfinished, DE will likely add more cosmetics to the Cetus cosmetic trades as time goes on, maybe in a year he will be full of stuff to get.

They could give him an option to consign pets to Cetus kids in return for standing. Add the pet rename option (that we already have in the Orbiter). You copy pretty much the entire pet section from the market place to him (with no change in cost) just to give him more than those six offers.

I really like how he sells vanity stuff for our pets, but you can buy all of them rather fast, since there's so little he offers. I was hoping for some plains themed pet armour, maybe a new collar or something. Hopefully he will get some more, nice vanity items to sell later on.

I don't mind that he can't change pets names or work with DNA stuff, though I wouldn't mind if he had functional things to do/sell. But I would be more than happy with more vanity items.

Mask trader was confirmed by Steve during a twitch stream with Reb to be unfinished, she's supposed to be getting rugs (not kidding) for the orbiter. I think she may also get some of the new decorations (the lights and orokin bits) that released with the update, but don't quote me on that. Rugs confirmed, the rest is speculative. As for the pet vendor, I agree.  Devstream 82 mentioned more kubrow and kavat breeds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56KO3oJvXwQ&t=19m47s  We have the two feral skins and the two grineer skins now. Robotic pets have also been mentioned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbxpa-8ouKo&t=36m18s  but I think that would be more for the next (*cough* corpus frozen world *cough cough* not say'n it's mars) rather than Earth. Also, I think it may have been devstream 97 or 98 where they kicked around the idea of having the birds the pet vendor has with him being an actual pet.