Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Alternate Warframes

ZyloWolfzan

The thing is that these frames are NOT actually just straight up gender swaps, they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FRAMES that have the same THEME, such as Polaris and Mag both use magnetisim. Also, note that all I did was make their stats almost opposites of the current frames, I didn't make all the females flimsy and agile, and all the males huge and buff, that's not sexist at all. I just made the gender alternates actual counterparts to the current frames, giving them what I hope would be a distinctly different play style, while still keeping the same theme of power.

signed seriously, how is that at all sexist?

Zylo the Wolfbane

to be honest, its not that i actually have a problem with your post, its just i dont think that they would take the time to implement all of those new warframes, considering they have their own warfame ideas and not only that but guns, areas, and all sorts of stuff which is why they only come out with a new warframe every month or so, so dont get me wrong its not that your idea is bad its just i dont believe it would happen anytime soon.

to be honest, its not that i actually have a problem with your post, its just i dont think that they would take the time to implement all of those new warframes, considering they have their own warfame ideas and not only that but guns, areas, and all sorts of stuff which is why they only come out with a new warframe every month or so, so dont get me wrong its not that your idea is bad its just i dont believe it would happen anytime soon.

I don't expect them to put these into the game ASAP, they have already said it is very low on their priority list, if it would even happen at ALL. I'm fully aware it won't happen soon, if it even happens, doesn't mean I can't spend time and write this stuff up for fun. We're on the forums, this is the Fan Concepts section, this is my Fan Concept, might get in, might not, either way it was fun to put together, and I'd like to hear what people think about it.

signed may not happen, doesn't mean it's not something to talk about on the forums.

Zylo the Wolfbane

I don't expect them to put these into the game ASAP, they have already said it is very low on their priority list, if it would even happen at ALL. I'm fully aware it won't happen soon, if it even happens, doesn't mean I can't spend time and write this stuff up for fun. We're on the forums, this is the Fan Concepts section, this is my Fan Concept, might get in, might not, either way it was fun to put together, and I'd like to hear what people think about it.

signed may not happen, doesn't mean it's not something to talk about on the forums.

Zylo the Wolfbane

well you got to see what i said about it, no need to get defensive about it, its just my opinion, sorry to have bothered you.

Would love alternate genders in any form.

I find it hard to connect to a game where i have to play as a female. No offense, the female form is perfection, however, I'm a dude and i like kicking butt as a dude.

I like these ideas very much. I would love to have  these act as a skin for the warframe so its not taking up another warframe slot. But I wish I could have glacia with a slight speed boost from frost cause he is slow as crap.

These are NOT skins for the Warframes, they are entirely separate Warframes, and would take up a slot. That's how it would go if DE ever implemented these, they don't want players to just swap out the gender of a Warframe, because the Warframes are supposed to be individual characters, so if they implemented gender swaps, it would be in this way, as Gender Alternates, so that there would be an alternative to, say Ember players who want to play a male, you could still have a fire frame that is male, but it would work differently from Ember herself, with different stats and different powers.

signed that's just what the DEvs have said about it.

Zylo the Wolfbane

I like these ideas very much. I would love to have  these act as a skin for the warframe so its not taking up another warframe slot. But I wish I could have glacia with a slight speed boost from frost cause he is slow as crap.

Ever played Frost with a Rush mod? That S#&$ is fast.

And I am totally all for these ideas (ult. motive for a female excal frame (Yes, I'm an excal user))

Ya know, if anyone is interested, I could do some Gender Alternates for their various fan-frames if anyone would like.

signed I'm bored enough, I'd probably do a few.

Zylo the Wolfbane

I'll take up on this option, though keep in mind my idea is in it's fledgling stages, so perhaps the concept would be easier to play off than the powers it already has. Also, it's not listed on the post (I need to put it there) but the Warframe here is male.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/98567-warframe-suggestion-helios-radiant-warframe/

Making other genders of actually frame is easier and they just need make models others can be copied from the actually frames and their skills also can be copied. Other way sounds too interesting for me not problem either way but if no have chance to try what i want on my gender is a bit shame.

Not that's why i don't make female characters in other games but it's an opposite behave and other role and sometimes is confusing to the other players. Without this this game would be better so i suggest to make alternative models from actual and share them on a public place where the devs can check these frames and concept frames too and maybe they will implement this into this game. They doesn't lose so much time with it and more profitable so it's a logical movement. More fan more platinum sales and maybe with this improved customization the game can be reach higher levels. I am on that way if much peoples want this and few who have capacity to make this ideas more real than images then do it and hope the bests. 

Making other genders of actually frame is easier and they just need make models others can be copied from the actually frames and their skills also can be copied. Other way sounds too interesting for me not problem either way but if no have chance to try what i want on my gender is a bit shame.

Not that's why i don't make female characters in other games but it's an opposite behave and other role and sometimes is confusing to the other players. Without this this game would be better so i suggest to make alternative models from actual and share them on a public place where the devs can check these frames and concept frames too and maybe they will implement this into this game. They doesn't lose so much time with it and more profitable so it's a logical movement. More fan more platinum sales and maybe with this improved customization the game can be reach higher levels. I am on that way if much peoples want this and few who have capacity to make this ideas more real than images then do it and hope the bests. 

The problem is that, the DEvs don't WANT just simple gender swaps, they don't want new skins with the exact same powers. They see each Warframe as an individual, a person with their personality and thoughts, that only THEY have that particular frame.

signed which is why they have said they might consider doing something similar to what I've written here.

Zylo the Wolfbane

I'll take up on this option, though keep in mind my idea is in it's fledgling stages, so perhaps the concept would be easier to play off than the powers it already has. Also, it's not listed on the post (I need to put it there) but the Warframe here is male.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/98567-warframe-suggestion-helios-radiant-warframe/

A sun warframe eh? Interesting...this could actually make a really cool pair, and could work for the introduction of the gender alternates. Simply make the female's powers based on the moon as opposed to the stars. Would be really cool way to have them with similar themes(Light), and make one Sunlight, the other Moonlight.

signed sounds like it'd be cool.

Zylo the Wolfbane

• 3 weeks later...

No big updates on this(Either info from livestreams mentioning it, or me changing things), at this point I'm just waiting for the Necro Warframe to get released so I can get him and try him out to see how he works, then work on a female version of it. I have a few ideas, but I really don't want to start putting things down until I see how he works and his stats etc.

signed I do have an idea for some of the skills though, so long as Necro doesn't change too much

Zylo the Wolfbane

I don't Think Amazon is a good Fit for Female Rhino, especially if you were going for a relation to the name

You need some type of Animal that people associate that the Female is worse then the Male and works with your powers.

How about... Ursa? It's Latin for Bear, and has femine touch to it. Bears would fit with the Large animal that will ****ing end you.

I don't Think Amazon is a good Fit for Female Rhino, especially if you were going for a relation to the name

You need some type of Animal that people associate that the Female is worse then the Male and works with your powers.

How about... Ursa? It's Latin for Bear, and has femine touch to it. Bears would fit with the Large animal that will ****ing end you.

It's more about the spirit of the name I think, Rhino(The animal) is large, wild, dangerous, and unpredictable, as befits the tanky-est frame in the game, able to shrug off blows like a champ and wade directly into combat. Amazon(The historical warrior women) were also large(Comparably, they were quite tall women, most of them averaging around 5'11 and some getting up to a full 6'2!), wild, dangerous, and unpredictable. Thus befitting the wild berserker frame I posted here. I think Amazon works well for the frame, and fits as an alternative to Rhino(Both exotic, both wild and dangerous, and generally angry most of the time, etc.) while still being unique enough to set her apart.

That and I think more people would be willing to play a frame called Amazon, then they would a frame called Ursa, or Lioness, or something similar. I do understand what you mean though, I just think Amazon works better for that particular frame.

signed of course, that's all personal opinion.

Zylo the Wolfbane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

this seems like quite the interesting idea. I myself would enjoy trying the Zenobia, and a couple of the others, though it kinda feels like some of the frame ideas you suggested were lacking in mobility options, just my opinion, I am a huge fan of most of the mobility skills (except the volts)

DE has said they won't allow full Gender Swaps, but they HAVE said they might do Gender Alternates, where they are a different gender, but with the same theme/sorts of powers. So here I am, bored at 12:52 AM(when I started typing this at least) and thinking to myself: "Hey, why don't you make a Gender Alternate of EVERY WARFRAME CURRENTLY IN THE GAME?!" Sure! That sounds like a great idea! The next day(After staying up till 3 AM working on this) I looked at what I had already done, and decided, "Sure, I'm crazy enough to finish this." So, starting from 6:30 PM to 11:40 PM I worked on it, and finished it. So here we go, bear with me folks, we'll go Alphabetically from the top. Be warned that these are all basically BSed off the top of my head, and have not been properly balanced or thought out at ALL. Just a heads up. Also, be ready for a LOT of reading.

-snip-

I like the idea, but from what I know or at least think I know. Nyx was originally supposed to be the female version of Excalibur, but in the end it became it's own frame with its own unique set of powers.

The ideas sound nice, but... to have another warframe with the exact or similar-ish powers just because you want it to be the opposite gender equivalent? eehh......In the beginning when this game came out, I might've agreed with you, but now, the idea of "must have a male version of this warframe and its powers because I want it to completely reflect me and my taste but since it's the opposite gender of me, I have issues with it" is kinda old and played out. (No Offense Intended)

I prefer different warframes with different powers. So far we already have, Psychic, Fire, Ice, Anti-Matter, Poison, Electric, Sound, Magnetic. The other miscellaneous is Excalibur with its many... uses? Ash with its ninja-like powers even though it looks more like a samurai to me, Rhino (the tank-ish), Valkyr (berzerker-ish), Loki (the stealthy ninja-equivalent in a way, but yet, not really. I guess it's more tactile enemy manipulation), Nekros (a necromancer-ish), Trinity (the healer I guess), and Vauban (trapper?).

Loki and Ash has so many similarities but eh... they aren't really my cup of tea, just one is more like a support/stealth and the other is an aggressive/stealth I guess...

Some have made concepts of what they want/envision a new warframe to be introduced, to be. Making a male/femake equivalent of it, I feel is kind of a waste.

Edited by VoidWraith

What I don't like about your concepts is the drastic difference between the male and female frames. Glacia has less armor than Frost... why? Sone has more armor than Banshee... why? This makes no sense that there would be this much of a disparity between the genders. You're giving the male swaps higher stats and the female swaps lowers stats.

I can not in good faith support this idea. While I applaud your time and effort, you need to go back and rethink the stats. They may be different frames, but the stat gap is just outright nonsensical.

Please keep in mind this is my personal opinion and I am not attacking you.

• 2 weeks later...