Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Alternate Warframes

ZyloWolfzan

Personally I'd prefer the gender alternates to be a merely cosmetic option for personal reasons of immersion, otherwise gender swapping happens all the time when you change your equipped warframe from, say, Loki to Zephyr, then Rhino, then Mag, then Nekros.

I'm wearing exo-armor that has a perceived gender.

I like Erebus would love to use a Warframe that commands darkness and Shadow itself or get the unique power Mod that has eluded us *Dispel* from the Stalker. With the Nova Male Nilih seems more for a Warframe that controls black matter or Black Holes... it works well but I would go for Quasar if it was for nova male... and leave Nilih for total new warframe hmmm maybe mixing the Erebus dark concept with Nihil hmmmm by the gods! We have a new Warframe being born here! Concept Artist start to give shape and birth to this living nightmare of a warframe!!!!! :D

Edited by Ngeluz

All the work put into this is amazing!

Also..

Couldn't we name the Frost alternate.... Snow?

Seems somewhat along the same lines no matter how cliche, I mean, They're both characteristics of of Winter soo :P

Anyhoo, they did show fem. Ash in a very early stream, and she looked AWESOME,so even though it was just a concept, I'm pretty sure they'll at least touch up on it eventually.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice, but coming from a french-speaking player : "Joyeuse" sounds a little wrong for a name... :/ (maybe you really wish she was called "happy")

Joyeuse is the name of a legendary sword, just like Excalibur is. It's attributed to the name of Charlemagne's personal sword, it was carried in front of the Coronation processionals for French kings from the 1200s to around the 1800s. All of the names for these alternates are made to be similar to the names of the original frames, while still remaining separate individuals in their own right. The point is for the names to be similar enough that you can tell they are related, but different enough that they stay as their own frames.

signed also, I'm hoping to EVENTUALLY update this with all the new frames, but I can't promise when, sorry.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Joyeuse is the name of a legendary sword, just like Excalibur is. It's attributed to the name of Charlemagne's personal sword, it was carried in front of the Coronation processionals for French kings from the 1200s to around the 1800s. All of the names for these alternates are made to be similar to the names of the original frames, while still remaining separate individuals in their own right. The point is for the names to be similar enough that you can tell they are related, but different enough that they stay as their own frames.

signed also, I'm hoping to EVENTUALLY update this with all the new frames, but I can't promise when, sorry.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Ah booon, l' épée de Charlemaaaagne....Ok ok je pige mieux maintenant.

Awe I thought there was going to be pictures T-T 

Unfortunately my art skills suck, so unless you want me to slap up some poorly made stick figures, there'll be no art unless some other person decides to make some.

signed I'm a writer, not a drawer.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Yesh. That's awesome! 

Great idea!

That would fill all the holes that the 'themed' Warframes have!

Like; Ember, why you no bake cookies? 

:)

EVERYONE LIKES COOKIES.

GRINEER COOKIES, WITH 100% MORE SPLICES.

Zephyr male?

As I said, I haven't updated this for the most recent frames in a while, I'll get around to it eventually, but no promises on when, life has been fairly busy lately.

signed I'll be sure to update the thread title when I do add the new frames.

Zylo the Wolfbane

I like these Ideas, I myself would not mind having the male counterpart of Trinity, Nova and Nyx, always love these warframes... but I'm a Male, just cant picture in my head using a female warframe if my avatar is a male and has the name (Account Name) of a male. So yeah 1+ for this!

Edited by 0zryel

• 4 weeks later...