Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus 2.0 Madurai Phoenix Talons on Elemental Weapons

(PSN)Crixus044

Question

Hi, so I'm a regular ol' console scrub endurance runner preparing for Plains of Eidolon to come out for us on ps4. I've seen the changes that have been shown, and it seems that madurai has been changed dramatically. On my current setup, I'm an avid user of the passive physical damage buffs that'd i'd use on weapons that are pure elemental. Getting slash procs on my hema is a good time.

There's a perk I've seen called Phoenix Talons which buffs physical damage by 40%. This seems very impressive and i was wondering whether this transfers over to elemental weapons. If anyone can test for me, so that i can prepare my builds of PoE, that'd be amazing and educational for the community.

Thank you

Crixus

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

This is what i use to think of the old focus tree. The old madurai focus tree had the ability to grant up to 30% ips damage to any weapon, including pure elemental weapons. I originally thought it was simply an ips buff, like an innate weak Buzzkill or Jagged Edge, but i figured out during a mission that it had the ability to grant ips to elemental weapons, which excited me. I hope this is still possible

Negative, they removed the ability to do that. You now have one regular buff for physical damage and a second one for elemental damage.

18 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I imagine it follows the same method as the IPS mods. If there is no base physical, it has no effect. Course this needs some testing for proof.

This is what i use to think of the old focus tree. The old madurai focus tree had the ability to grant up to 30% ips damage to any weapon, including pure elemental weapons. I originally thought it was simply an ips buff, like an innate weak Buzzkill or Jagged Edge, but i figured out during a mission that it had the ability to grant ips to elemental weapons, which excited me. I hope this is still possible

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044