Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I'd Love If Warframe Had These Kind Of Graphics...

R3leaZ

Bokeh, non exaggerated PhysX, Clothing physics, eye-friendly bloom and a lot more... 1st one even is a PS4 demo lol

Obviously these would be the highest possible settings. Low settings would still be the same.

Edited by R3leaZ

even unreal engine 3 would be awesome to see on warframe but.. i bet it costs a lot and needs a lot of work to move everything so that will most probably won't happen

Evolution Engine is like UE3 or more likely it is built around UE3 because DE with the team before.

This. Warframe is an awesome game in terms of graphics already (even too much if you ask me with all those visual shenanigans). This is too much.

You have an option to turn them off. Then do it.

People with a high end computer like me would love to bring them to their full potential.

The visual shenanigans btw. Are not how it should be implemented. Bloom destroys our eyes, Physx is way overdone. Motion blur/DoF looks really cheap, low quality AA.

Edited by R3leaZ

Evolution Engine is like UE3 or more likely it is built around UE3 because DE with the team before.

This, but I'm sure when they have actually fully released WF, officially, and already finished most of the content... I'm sure they could polish the polygon count/texture resolution if it's really a serious user demand. There's more pressing matters to attend to atm, IE: new warframes, new mods, how to make endgame more enthralling, STORYLINE and getting through the plethora of user demands like they've been DOING, UNLIKE most DEs! 

I for one, am happy, with what the Evolution Engine has to offer so far; it's a fine piece of work that is built from the ground up by Digital Xtremes creators and staff.  

The game will look better over time. (They're self-published, and therefore, I believe, more emotionally invested in their project. It's their baby. Were Warframe owned by some outside party, it would have become more of a product.)

Also, they're currently working on dangly bits and cloth physics, aren't they?

It has nothing to do with the Unreal engine, if it had, it would carry copyright material relating to the use of the software in its design, as all software developed around Epic's engine does.

As for porting current assets to a new engine, then making it all work there, as it does now in Evolution, you are looking at around 18 months of work minimum, time better spent working on developing evolution. The game is perfectly playable as it is; more eye candy would not make it more so; however, in all likelihood it would narrow the target audience and the potential revenue available.

Do not forget this is a free 2 play title, many people drawn to free 2 play tend to sit at the lower end of the pc performance scale; something the developers would have been keenly aware of when setting out the target specs in their design documents. When the dust settles, there is little point having the best looking game on the block if the potential revenue is so limited your shelf life is non-existent.

The game will look better over time. (They're self-published, and therefore, I believe, more emotionally invested in their project. It's their baby. Were Warframe owned by some outside party, it would have become more of a product.)

Also, they're currently working on dangly bits and cloth physics, aren't they?

Series 2 helmets already have ragdoll physics, very noticable on Ash's tail thing and Loki's earrings.

It has nothing to do with the Unreal engine, if it had, it would carry copyright material relating to the use of the software in its design, as all software developed around Epic's engine does.

As for porting current assets to a new engine, then making it all work there, as it does now in Evolution, you are looking at around 18 months of work minimum, time better spent working on developing evolution. The game is perfectly playable as it is; more eye candy would not make it more so; however, in all likelihood it would narrow the target audience and the potential revenue available.

Do not forget this is a free 2 play title, many people drawn to free 2 play tend to sit at the lower end of the pc performance scale; something the developers would have been keenly aware of when setting out the target specs in their design documents. When the dust settles, there is little point having the best looking game on the block if the potential revenue is so limited your shelf life is non-existent.

I believe what he meant, is that since they developed the games: Unreal, Unreal Tournament 03', 04', and Unreal championship... is that they have the same development concepts as UE3 since they worked with many different versions of the Unreal Engine... but that's my take.

(edit bcs misquoted)
Edited by iabstract

Really? It doesn't take a billion dollar Computer to run something like that.

Really? I mentioned a billion dollars?

But currently my PC is just on mid tier and I don't see it running unreal engine 4 especially with those particle effects.

Edited by Palkora

The unreal engine is a nice engine but the problem for smaller companies (like DE) who do not already have themselves firmly established is that you basically have to pay to use it. Not all the cheap either to license what is one of the most used engine. You can use it for free if it is strictly non-commercial but this is a business and the license is quite expensive.

This engine works well enough. Like many though I just which it had more sliders if you have stuff like PhysX and bloom on.