The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decline In Fun Since Introduction Of Nova

Seracen

This is feedback for the devs. Please do not fill this thread with useless whining or fanboy raging: it doesnt help.

I've noticed a very appreciable decline in the fun factor of Warframe since the introduction of the Nova.  The Nova's speed and overpowered ult ability means she can devastate most mobs single-handedly.  This is great for players using the Nova, but the effect on non-Nova using players is frustrating (since many of the kills one used to enjoy getting now repeatedly go up in yellow smoke.)  It's also on the verge of becoming dull, since Nova's ult ability is so readily available it's going off with a tedious frequency.There used to exist a very complex sophistication between all the frames and their various powers, but Nova (as she currently is) is a game balance sinkhole: her alt power is way too efficacious, too available, and she is too fast to boot.  There's little reason to use most of the other frames now, Since Nova can do everything.

I sincerely suggest some kind of balance restoring measures, which would still make the Nova fun to use, but much less of a spoiler for everyone else. Maybe give her ult less range (so it doesnt wipe out whole mobs), or make it do less damage (so whole mobs take damage, but dont die altogether), or make it more expensive (so Nova users have to use strategy when employing ult, instead of merely spamming it).  There's already a huge increase in the numbers of Novas one sees in pub games. If something doesnt get done, I foresee most people will be using Nova just to keep up, and your once super sweet, complex shooter will devolve into a one-trick pony.

Hope this feedback is helpful.

try her first. i know you don't have her yet. so some point you give here is rather biased because you only see other people using her.

just fyi, i also dont have nova yet, so i dont want to start whining about her because i still don't objective enough.

Edited by agung.up

Dude have you even used Nova? She's super super fragile.

Giving her ult less range or damage completely defeats the point of MP.  It's supposed to cause chain reactions.

She's a great room-clearer but gets pasted very very quickly against a small number of tough enemies.

Edited by Kyte

People abusing the ultimate ability has been a problem with many frames.  There was a time when Volt and Mag were overpowered and could kill everything without even breaking a sweat.  Now, people tend to think that Volt and Mag are useless.  When Saryn was introduced, her ultimate seemed (and still seems) overpowered.  DE might nerf Nova's ultimate, but more likely, people will just get bored of using Nova and stop spamming her ultimate.

Play solo.

that only works if you have a decent frame with decent stuff on it, and not everything is soloable by the average joe space ninja spec ops soldier. not everybody likes to play solo, and to avoid nova's you'd have to play solo all the time. that gets boring and annoying

Edited by Alighierian

that only works if you have a decent frame with decent stuff on it, and not everything is soloable by the average joe space ninja spec ops soldier. not everybody likes to play solo, and to avoid nova's you'd have to play solo all the time. that gets boring and annoying

Go into a game,if there's a nova then leave. duh.

Rather then spending balancing effort removing fun from a frame, I'd rather DE put balancing effort into put fun into other frames. Only the Grineer/Corpus/Infested should be yelling about how OP we are.

Side note the only time I'd call for a real nerf on a warframe is if a warframe had an ability were they killed literally everything on the map, prevented new things from respawning, teleported itself to extraction, and caused the mission to finish even if the other 3 of us weren't there.

Just my two cents...

i gotta agree with seracen here novas 4 is WAY to powerful (i say this even though i have a rank 30 nova with a reactor) anything that is not an ancient/heavy grineer is unable to survive her 4 it needs some kind of nerf like range reduction or even a cooldown if it does not get nerfed in any other way

Dude have you even used Nova? She's super super fragile.

Giving her ult less range or damage completely defeats the point of MP.  It's supposed to cause chain reactions.

She's a great room-clearer but gets pasted very very quickly against a small number of tough enemies.

and if you know how to maintain a safe distance and use cover her low armor is not a problem at all

I personally do not think Nova needs any real changes at all. She is the definition of a glass cannon. The only real place where she outshines other frame in terms of damage (sometimes) is defense and mobile defense where all the enemies cluster up and here ult can hit almost everything (when modded properly). She is great at clearing the trash but once you get higher up in levels her ult does decent damage but fades off because it requires a chain reaction of enemies to meet its full potential.

i gotta agree with seracen here novas 4 is WAY to powerful (i say this even though i have a rank 30 nova with a reactor) anything that is not an ancient/heavy grineer is unable to survive her 4

4hpewqhe.tzr.png

gesxelt4.x25.png

izbghidl.1kw.png

xxgttxqt.xzn.png

I mean, this is before we get into the fact that most ultimates don't even armour pierce. And I have the charts for that too!

Edited by RealityMachina

i got a nova, and yes her ult power is really strong but she is really fragile at the same time, she cant take too many hits, and personally and dont really like to use her, i rather use more resistance frames like rhino or frost, i dont think her ult power should be change or downgrade, but that is my opinion.

Side note the only time I'd call for a real nerf on a warframe is if a warframe had an ability were they killed literally everything on the map, prevented new things from respawning, teleported itself to extraction, and caused the mission to finish even if the other 3 of us weren't there.

Just my two cents...

And this is why I'm glad that most random shmucks in the Warframe community are not the developers. Too much "NAH MAN NEVER NERF ANYTHING" horseS#&$.

I can't wait for DE to put out something really busted that completely invalidates other frames so that all you A******s can learn.