Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Primary Weapon And Build?

BloodForCavalero

Question

Good afternoon.

I wish to know, if there's a primary weapon that can be used against any foe/any situation, with little modding effort.

I've been modding a Soma Prime with a crit build, but I run out of ammo about halfway through the mission. I also have a Boltor Prime, but I haven't touched it. What seems to give me the most concern, is modding enough piercing. Unless the primary weapon has a high piercing base stat, I can't take out high rank Grineer elites fast enough.

Thank you for your time.

6 answers to this question

1. Elemental damage is more important than Physical damage
  2. Burst/Semi-auto weapons won't run out of ammo as much
  3. Most good Primary weapons (except shotguns) are locked behind MR6 at the very least
  4. If you want a universal build, a Braton Prime with Viral + Heat damage, modded for status chance, can do a decent job at killing any faction in a reasonable amount of time, due to the interaction of Viral procs and Slash procs. You may still run out of ammo at higher levels, in which case you should get Rifle Ammo Mutation, Vigilante Armaments, or Carrier sentinel + Ammo Case.

3 hours ago, Archeyef said:

Have you made much use of elemental combos? Radiation, Magnetic, Corrosive,etc.? Also, what do you mean by "high level?"

Radiation and viral are my b*tches. They turned my Aegis Prime into a devastating melee weapon. I've been using corrosive on my ranged weapons.

Any mob of rank 35+, are the "high level" mobs I'm struggling with.

6 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Radiation and viral are my b*tches. They turned my Aegis Prime into a devastating melee weapon. I've been using corrosive on my ranged weapons.

Any mob of rank 35+, are the "high level" mobs I'm struggling with.

Well in that case, if high rank grineer elites means napalms and bombards, that might be your problem. They're weakest to radiation, not corrosive. Although corrosive does strip armor, you say you're running a crit build soma prime. Maybe try using radiation on your soma prime, and see if that works better.

Edit: Can you post your build? A screenshot or something?

Edited by Archeyef

Upto level 40ish radiation is normally better than most damage types due to its bonus vs grineer alloy armor, after that corrosive is better due to stripping the armor off and corpus have very few armored units. 

As for the every situation weapon, try a Hek with 100% status and corrosive and blast/heat and punch through, that will deal with most things pretty easy. Back it up with a Lex or Marelok type side arm for long range shots. Pick a melee weapon suitable for your frame of choice, generally fast weapons for squishy frames so you don't die trying to melee.