Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove Convergence Orb

svegurok

Please DE remove convergence orb and make focus base gain 6x. That way we can just play the game without farming for hours to get focus cap at Adaro, Berehynia, Hydron, ...

EDIT: And also please put focus cap at 500k.

Edited by svegurok

Convergence is supposed to encourage you for doing what exactly? Stuff we already do, and have to take a break from to abandon the objective and teammates to go pick up a thing to return to what we were already doing. It's not interesting, it's not interactive.

It's distracting and micromanagement. Nothing fun about it. 

Also agree about the capacity, pointless. 

Yeah, I've got a thread about the terrible state of Focus Exp and one of the things I want done is the removal of this thing. Trying to keep this thread popular and on the first page of the forums, so any replies and upvotes will help keep it getting attention and hopefully show that we don't like the state of Focus Exp and this awful orb.

2 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Yeah, I've got a thread about the terrible state of Focus Exp and one of the things I want done is the removal of this thing. Trying to keep this thread popular and on the first page of the forums, so any replies and upvotes will help keep it getting attention and hopefully show that we don't like the state of Focus Exp and this awful orb.

Thanks for the link, your post points out a lot of the horrid things about Focus.

I agree with everything in the op and video. 

Convergence is the opposite of what it's supposed to be. 

The cap is unattainable and therefore irrelevant. 

Lenses are restricting, not in the spirit of Warframe. 

The system looks unattainable, I had some points in every school, enter 2.0, I want to get operator passives for the secondary schools, and I can't get a single one. I had 4 (3, because 1 was Unairu) useful trees in 1.0, but in 2.0 I have 1 that's even *useable

I've run a few missions that I could tolerate as a focus farm, and a sword will easily level up 0 to 30 in 1 run to 20 minutes btw, hundreds of thousands of Affinity, feels great! Until I see only a few thousand focus. With Booster. 

So it's going to take me 9 years too. This is over twice as long as I've already played the game and attained MR 24, maxed every Syndicate multiple times, Mastered every Warframe, weapon, Archwing, companion, put loads of forma in things. 

I support moving lens to operator,

I support removing convergence,

I support adding focus to end of mission rewards,

I support removing the pool capacity system entirely,

I support making focus feel possible to unlock 

Edited by Kinetos
Format

Just did some napkin math, with some assumptions, and by doing something I consider fun, it would take me about 12 hours to daily cap. And that's still doing what convergence encourages, killing everything in a mindless horde mode. That's more hours than a day job. 

Edited by Kinetos

Convergence orbs was one of the worst things they did to focus. Since the day it was released it was a mistake because it gutted focus gains under the guise of making it more "team oriented", which everyone knows was bull.

Edited by Skaleek