Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE , awkward freezes , stutters

Elyann

Hi ,
I've always been able to play warframe on max settings without a single problem for the past 2-3 years, all until the plains of eidolon came out a few days ago
and I started experiencing some really weird yet constant freezes in the plains themselves.
At first I thought it might have been simply just lag...either graphic or due to servers congestion...and I'm fully aware of the fact that my PC
is now getting a little bit old...but again, I did never experience any technical issue with the game until this point.
Now, by showing my framerates and ping inside the game both values look pretty normal and stable while my RAM and disc usage values drastically increase whenever I enter the new area ;
 as shown by task manager , RAM spikes from 770 mb ( normal missions and orbiter ) to 1.6 gb ( plains ) while disc usage spikes from 0.3-0.4 mb/s to 15+ mb/s.

My specs are :
Intel Core i5-4670 cpu @3.40 GHz, 3401 Mhz , 4 cores , 4 logic processors 
8 gb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Is anyone experiencing a similar problem / does anyone know how to solve it ?

Edited by Elyann

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently nobody is going to answer? Figures, since most threads about performance issues often boil down to "Your PC sucks" despite that not being the case. This game doesn't require a godly PC to run it, so why is it like that now? I even ran it on a 6 year old laptop just fine with no issues (using WINE on Ubuntu no less). I understand DE is still working on fixing PoE bugs, but they need to focus on performance updates first before anything else. I honestly feel like DE kind of jumped the gun on the PoE update. If they gave it another month maybe, then it would no doubt be working a heck of a lot better. It doesn't help that they had that whole SMB debacle when PoE released. Some people are still having log in issues because of that.

In case you were wondering, here are my specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition @4.6GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3-1600

GPU: EVGA GTX 780ti Dual Classified w/ ACX

I not only play games on this computer, but I also use it to edit my youtube videos and I use it as my work PC (I am an indie game developer). So it isn't a wimpy PC by any means, and can handle anything I throw at it just fine (I play everything at 1080p 144Hz). In the Plains I can get anywhere from 100 to 120 fps consistently at max settings. I have everything all up to date, drivers included. But this game constantly freezes in the Plains, but only after the most recent hotfix. Before, it never froze in PoE. So something apparently got buggered up in the most recent patch. If DE sees this, please work on stability in PoE.

In the same situation here. My PC is too getting kinda old but has been basically fine with Warframe up until this point. 

On 11/5/2017 at 11:27 AM, KuraiWolf2014 said:

This game doesn't require a godly PC to run it, so why is it like that now?

My thought exactly.

I've had ludicrous amounts of lag/ fps spikes (often to as low as 1 and can last for a good few seconds) in the Plains ONLY. It seems to be especially bad during bounties and in and around Grineer camps. I often get 60+ fps too though (in the same places). It's as if my fps is being controlled by a random number generator. 

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX-6300 @3.5GHz

8GB DDR3 Ram

AMD Radeon R9 200 series (2GB)

• 2 weeks later...

My GPU graphs is pretty spiky, it rarely uses my GPU to full extend. There is an issue of CPU hogging.

I also play BF1 and it runs butter smooth. 99% GPU usage with a smooth graph. My FPS in BF is around 110-75, 85 being the average.

In warframe I have it capped at 144 and it dips to 70's or 60's at times. 

And most recently I started having random screen freezes. 

On 11/5/2017 at 5:27 AM, KuraiWolf2014 said:

So apparently nobody is going to answer?

This is a bug report forum, not a help or customer service forum. You're not likely to get "answers" here. There are definitely problems with optimization and probably memory leaks, and this is the place to report them, but don't expect a direct response from DE.