Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please improve on melee holster customizations

KuroShiranui

TL;DR: Current melee holster positions does not have enough fashionframe justice atm. Main suggestions are to increase the sliders range, add an option to make dual weapons symmetrical to each other, as well as an option to make the weapons symmetrical relative to the frame.

When DE announced melee holsters not long ago, I was one of the many who were excited with the addition. Being a melee main player, holster style position is really good on paper; I can finally adjust where I can place my melee to further improve on my fashionframe. 

That was, until the update came out. 

So yeah, you could probably label me with those OCD-type disorders because I really prefer a more symmetrical positions in most things. In the case of holster positions, it just pains me when I found out the sliders just can't reach the position that I desired. For instance, I wanted a symmetrical, horizontal position of my sword on my hip. So I bought a left hip holster for it, only to realize that I can't slide the X-axis to the back enough to make it perpendicular with the frame. I was like, bummer. There goes my 20p. So eh, figured a right hip holster could slide better to the back. Nope, another 20p gone. This limitation applies to Longsword and Nikana holsters, and perhaps to some others in a degree. AFAIK only sword and whip, daggers and staves can be holstered this way, since they contain actual back-holsters (I reckon a gunblade can also do this but I haven't bought it yet).

Recently i've been toying around with Ohma to see if it can fit well with my Volt Prime. The back-holsters are fine, the issue is that having to adjust each weapon to make it symmetrical can incur plenty of headache. Due to it not having similar position symmetrical-wise, I had to adjust each sliders so that both matches fine, at least from what I see. What's worse is that setting the pitch and yaw will give different positions; position a weapon with this slider set, another weapon would need an entirely different set of sliders to make it even.

Next I tried with hip-holster positions and I am just disappointed on that I can't compensate the irregular holster placements with the sliders. I mean, just look at the positions on default:

vCGcV7t.jpg

jDb19eq.jpg

Seriously, how is that even proper? Is this even a bug that no one cares about or what? Does the holster animation affects on where the holsters are positioned? If that's the case..... well okay, fair enough. But please, pretty please, give us some QoL adjustments to it. Not just to Tonfas but all melee holsters. You don't need to make new animations for this change, given that the current mechanic does not change the animations, only the holster positions.

Suggestions:

1. Increase the sliders range. Pretty straightforward, just increase on how much can we adjust on the sliders. Perhaps 50-100% increase from the current one.

2. Add an option to make dual weapons symmetrical to each other. Perhaps an added tick box option when adjusting. Less headache for those who wish to make the holsters identical. Could make wing-like protrusions with these.

3. Add an option to make the weapons symmetrical relative to the frame. Same as above.

As a person once said in this forum. "Why you want this? Because Fashionframe is the true endgame!" Also due to the fact that someone told me that a lot of tenno doesn't know how to fashionframe well in the game (which kinda triggered me a bit lol). Anyways, what do you think?

Edited by KuroShiranui
Some grammar bits here and there. Planning to add more pics later

2 minutes ago, Regenerating_Degenerate said:

Why not get them to make armor and weapon placement the same as placing decorations in the ship? Like a free roam camera that lets us place the stuff where we want it? 

Perhaps total freedom on the position could be conflicting too much on the holster animation itself. So we still need sliders I guess, just need to increase the numbers up.