Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "Leave Squad" @ PoE

Daziri

On 10/31/2017 at 2:25 PM, Fishyflakes said:

Good to know you can use this against the fishers and miners during bounties.

I never thought of this. I have something to try out now on those stupid ducks that decide their fishing is more important than helping the squad they queued for. 

55 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

I respectfully disagree. The guy was being a #$&(%, yeah. But there's no reason for the game itself to screw over one group or another. This isn't an act of spite on players' parts, it's a problem resulting from flawed mechanics. A fix to stop host's departure from deleting the squad's progress, combined with an extraction timer that only extracts the players at the gate, would solve everyone's problems. Could even have a shorter extraction timer, maybe 30sec. Players joining and ignoring the bounty is still an issue, but there's no way around that. Trying to fix it would make things worse, in fact. Often I join a bounty-in-progress and the squad is on the other side of the Plains by the time the gates open for me. That's not my fault.

And to anyone glad to have discovered a new way to hurt people out of spite... what is wrong with you?

Fully and respectfully agree with this. 

17 minutes ago, Aveu said:

I never thought of this. I have something to try out now on those stupid ducks that decide their fishing is more important than helping the squad they queued for. 

There is also the fact that some players get placed to a bounty mission while not even queueing for one. People who want to abuse this (or any mechanic for their own selfish benefit should not be allowed to do it unpunished...).

De REALLY needs to figure out the matchmaking in PoE. It literally sucks.

Joining a squad sucks, leaving a squad sucks, host leaving the squad sucks, entering plains sucks and leaving plains sucks.

This is the problem nr. 1 with the update in my opinion

3 minutes ago, Ascended1QQ said:

There is also the fact that some players get placed to a bounty mission while not even queueing for one. People who want to abuse this (or any mechanic for their own selfish benefit should not be allowed to do it unpunished...).

You queued for an open world mission while playing in public mode, so you should understand that you might very well be loading into a squad with a bounty. 

24 minutes ago, Aveu said:

You queued for an open world mission while playing in public mode, so you should understand that you might very well be loading into a squad with a bounty. 

The very same argument can be made of the people who queued for the bounty. Your objective is not more important just because it's yours.

As I said, this is no fault of players. The mechanics are borked. That's no excuse for people intentionally frustrating players who are doing a bounty, but equally so it is no excuse for deliberately spiting people for what may not have been an act of negligence or selfishness. Respect one another and find a solution. Don't be a Trump.

...and yes, I realize the irony of my saying this while using a person's name as an expletive. Still though.

On 2017. 10. 31. at 7:28 PM, Ascended1QQ said:

Is this sarcasm or is this serious. My sarcasmo-meter has not been updated in years. I hope not because I usually randomly get placed to a group with people who are doing a bounty. I'm not gonna do a bounty if I didn't sign up for it. I'm gonna go fishing/mining.

That comment kinda triggered me.

Do not abuse it. I'd rather see DE take it off completely than it being abused. And I'm being dead SERIOUS.

If you are fishing or mining go solo, if you choose to go public with those goals you deserve being screwed if you ended up in a strictly bounty squad.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

The very same argument can be made of the people who queued for the bounty. Your objective is not more important just because it's yours.

As I said, this is no fault of players. The mechanics are borked. That's no excuse for people intentionally frustrating players who are doing a bounty, but equally so it is no excuse for deliberately spiting people for what may not have been an act of negligence or selfishness. Respect one another and find a solution. Don't be a Trump.

...and yes, I realize the irony of my saying this while using a person's name as an expletive. Still though.

Except my argument is geared towards the outliers. If everyone's ignoring the objective and doing their own thing that's all fine and dandy and what I wrote is irrelevant. If there's one guy off fishing/mining/wanking while the other 3 are asking for his help with the bounties then theres an issue there. To me it's the equivalent of queuing for a Kuva siphon and having one guy afk at spawn.

An issue that you can do literally nothing about, except for complete the bounty with an unfair handicap proposed by this player who fails to realize that a bounty is a more immediate concern than fishing, which can be done at any time. Your other option is to leave the squad and force a disconnection.

I do agree with your second point though, the mechanics are indeed borked and the Plains should have its own seperate matchmaking just for the people who currently have that bounty to avoid mishaps like this.

1 minute ago, Aveu said:

Except my argument is geared towards the outliers. If everyone's ignoring the objective and doing their own thing that's all fine and dandy and what I wrote is irrelevant. If there's one guy off fishing/mining/wanking while the other 3 are asking for his help with the bounties then theres an issue there. To me it's the equivalent of queuing for a Kuva siphon and having one guy afk at spawn.

An issue that you can do literally nothing about, except for complete the bounty with an unfair handicap proposed by this player who fails to realize that a bounty is a more immediate concern than fishing, which can be done at any time. Your other option is to leave the squad and force a disconnection.

I do agree with your second point though, the mechanics are indeed borked and the Plains should have its own seperate matchmaking just for the people who currently have that bounty to avoid mishaps like this.

Sorry, my statement about finding a solution was obtuse. I meant collectively call for a solution from DE that benefits all parties, or as many as possible, with as few negative side-effects as is realistic. The subject is hot right now, and I've been running into a lot of people who are angry and lashing out, in- and out-of-game. Starting to see venom where there is none. I apologize for being snide. Really need to toughen my skin so I don't get defensive.

I think DE probably foresaw a lot of these issues, but a clear solution wasn't forthcoming, so they decided to put it out and see how people reacted, then choose the best course of action. Whatever they decide to do, it's gonna be complicated programming-wise and they'll have to be careful not to break matchmaking for modular tilesets. So there's a good chance a fix might not happen for a couple weeks to a month.