Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To thurible or not to thurible?

xRAzorxDicex

Ok. I want to start by saying I don't know if this has been brought up before but I think harrows animation needs to pass on thurible between frames. I understand why it shouldn't be done for Limbo's animation #MakeHatsGreatAgain.

All I'm saying is let Harrow's thurible be batoned. If you proceed with a arguement like "Why pass thurible on to a ember?" or whatever I just wanna say.... Put a zeph or volt animation on ember and then proceed to whole heartedly tell me it wouldnt be right to pass thurible. I'll call your bluff buddy lol

8 minutes ago, xRAzorxDicex said:

Put a zeph or volt animation on ember and then proceed to whole heartedly tell me it wouldnt be right to pass thurible. I'll call your bluff buddy lol

oh this is easy...because they are ELEMENTAL....not a physical item that belongs only to Harrow. That being said, I also say no..BECAUSE it is a physical item (even if he pulls it from out of nowhere).

10 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

That would make no sense, as Harrow is the only Frame with the Thurible.

4 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

oh this is easy...because they are ELEMENTAL....not a physical item that belongs only to Harrow. That being said, I also say no..BECAUSE it is a physical item (even if he pulls it from out of nowhere).

So a Volt/Ember/Atlus with zephs twisters makes sense? I didn't mention nyx/valkyrs or mags because those are pretty much energy based which seems fine as a pass to any frame. Either way I'm calling bluffs lol. I want yes or no answers and if the answer is no, I want a legit reason or reasons on why not if anyone could be so kind as to do so lol.

Warframes aren't the avatar air bender they don't just harness other elements... Well putting on a different animation with a different element yea but still beside the point lol. It only makes sense for Limbo animations because really it would look beyond weird to see a Limbo scalp doing its animation on a different frames head then disappearing or just sitting there. Which is why thurible should be passed on, without it the animations look weird.

-side note- arca plasmor breaks elbows with that animation also and I'm sure a few others but yea... Slide that fix in there with the thurible DE. please? llol

wtf... i have no idea what you even mean. you want to interrupt the gameplay of others while harrow casts abilities? no
you want to change existing animations for their abilities to that? why? that makes no sense, as most frames don't have something like that where they're supposed to have their gameplay interrupted. 

this makes no sense

My answer, No.

The Reason? With all the little elemental effects, it all just concentrated void energy. I'll keep the chat spoiler free, but to me it seems quite possible for the Void energy effects to be caused with just a bit of practice. Making it a real threat and viable in combat would be hard, but just making a small whirlwind or zap of electricity should be easy. Hell, all warframes can float just with meditation.

3 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

wtf... i have no idea what you even mean. you want to interrupt the gameplay of others while harrow casts abilities? no
you want to change existing animations for their abilities to that? why? that makes no sense, as most frames don't have something like that where they're supposed to have their gameplay interrupted. 

this makes no sense

He means, when using the harrow animation set on other frames, they do not posses the Thurible during the idle animation while harrow does. So they just kind of hold onto the air and waive their fist back and forth.

3 hours ago, xRAzorxDicex said:

So a Volt/Ember/Atlus with zephs twisters makes sense? I didn't mention nyx/valkyrs or mags because those are pretty much energy based which seems fine as a pass to any frame. Either way I'm calling bluffs lol. I want yes or no answers and if the answer is no, I want a legit reason or reasons on why not if anyone could be so kind as to do so lol.

Warframes aren't the avatar air bender they don't just harness other elements... Well putting on a different animation with a different element yea but still beside the point lol. It only makes sense for Limbo animations because really it would look beyond weird to see a Limbo scalp doing its animation on a different frames head then disappearing or just sitting there. Which is why thurible should be passed on, without it the animations look weird.

-side note- arca plasmor breaks elbows with that animation also and I'm sure a few others but yea... Slide that fix in there with the thurible DE. please? llol

I literally have no idea what you're talking about, lol.

6 hours ago, Jatgeirr said:

He means, when using the harrow animation set on other frames, they do not posses the Thurible during the idle animation while harrow does. So they just kind of hold onto the air and waive their fist back and forth.

Oh. That was so clear... 

No, then. The thurible is Harrow's. So either keep it as is, or give other frames something more appropriate for them to play with.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:45 AM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I literally have no idea what you're talking about, lol.

If you put Zephyrs animations on another frame during idle they will cast twisters. Limbos interact with his hat which is part of the frame, so that makes sense on why it can't/should'nt be done with another frame using the animations. But there is no valid reason on why harrow's animations can't have the thurible.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, tarfeef101 said:

Oh. That was so clear... 

No, then. The thurible is Harrow's. So either keep it as is, or give other frames something more appropriate for them to play with.

Seems clear to others, but it's cool. Not everyone is able to keep up.

Adding in an all new item for his idle to look right on other frames would be extra uneeded work but I and others would totally be down for.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, Jatgeirr said:

Agreeing with you and tarf on a middle ground /which I'm not/ lol, then I and others would totally be fine with a thurible that has altered looks.

Does that sound plausible?

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

That would make no sense, as Harrow is the only Frame with the Thurible.

That point is invalid since Zephyr is the only one with twisters lol. Same for Ember or volt depending on what frame uses it, but that's a debate all its own.

If counter comments such as that are valid then Atlus or pretty much any other frame should not be able to cast twisters with Zephyrs animations or any other animation with frame specific traits like Volts electric or Embers fire.

1 hour ago, xRAzorxDicex said:

If you put Zephyrs animations on another frame during idle they will cast twisters. Limbos interact with his hat which is part of the frame, so that makes sense on why it can't/should'nt be done with another frame using the animations. But there is no valid reason on why harrow's animations can't have the thurible.

They are part of the Frame...

@xRAzorxDicex Firstly, I have to say, reading just about everything you've said here is downright painful...proper sentence structure does a lot of favors for you when trying to convince people of something.

Secondly, I agree with you on one point: the fact that other Frames use Harrow's Thurible animations despite not holding his Thurible is stupid. The solution should be to remove those animations from the universal version of the idle pose, much like how only Valkyr gets the arm (not claw) energy when she uses her idle. The Thurible is a physical item equipped to Harrow, not something conjured up via Void energy, so replicating it for other Frames seems wrong. And being that the idle animation for both versions of Harrow's animations is literally just swinging his Thurible, it seems silly to have other Frames doing that to begin with. Conjuring up elements or performing acrobatics is neat, so I can't say much against those idles, but Harrow's...the animation just doesn't translate well to other Frames.