Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to know you're end-game?

Demisin

Question

I have several prime warframes now, I've been playing for 30 days total, but I still don't feel like I've hit end-game, I mean, like I'm strong enough for it maybe? What should I be able to do to know if I'm good for the plains? I've been there and done the level 50 bounties, but I struggled a bit.

I've got Valkyr Prime, Oberon Prime, Nidus, Inaros, Nekros Prime and Chroma (which I try to git gud at). These I use frequently and feel good about/like. I like to use melee weapons and I'm excited for a Zaw weapon..

Any tips? I've done all main quests and some side quests except for Eidolon mains.

19 answers to this question

When PETA writes you a letter because Teralyst Eidolons are close to extinction because of you. When you try to play those kuva floods with a level 0 frame and succeed. When you have all the cosmetics you like to have. When you raid and don't have to speak a word because you know what to do and your mates do too. When you don't bother marking those rare mods anymore. When you stop looking into the "owned resources" of your foundry and simply click craft.

Edited by Genoscythe

There are a five main things that separate end-game players from new players as I see it.

1. Reactors, and catalysts (and forma)

2.Mods

3.Quests

4.Skill

5. Options

You say you have #3 done, and I will assume you possess #4, but most often new players will have problems with #1 and #2. If you are not buying platinum/trading for platinum it is difficult to quickly get catalysts and reactors on your preferred frames and weapons, which has a large impact on your power as capacity is a limiting factor for modding. If you stick around however, there are alerts and invasions which give them.

It is a truth then that modding is the true core for power, therefore the more mods you have ranked and available to you the better. For new players, corrupted mods for warframes from the derelict are often lacking. If you have all the mods you need, ranking them may be the issue, as you may run into endo and/or credit bottlenecks. There are ways to farm for both, so ask around.

The final separation is also difficult to quickly "solve", but it is less of a separation anyway. Even if a new player does not have possession of all the options (all the frames, weapons, skills, arcanes,mods) as long as they share the pursuit of such, they are well on their way to reaching the "end-game".

Ages ago I thought the endgame is when you're comfortably uber...in retrospect I don't know that was ever true...I think I just thought it was supposed to be.  For some people it still is...but I'm so over that.  Part of why I like warframe is I'm not feeling that annoying 'you need X build that you spent months on to be useful in Y event where you'll have to click the buttons in exactly Z order at specific times'

Now, the endgame happens is when I stop focusing on progression and start exploring all the crazy interactions and digging into all the nooks and crannies.  It's not hard to be generally competent, the challenge is keeping it fun and making sure it doesn't turn into an unrewarding chore.

Warframe makes that pretty easy, it has a LOT of nooks and crannies!

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)GiltStingray604 said:

You know that you're Endgame when you're pissed off because you've got there to find that there isn't an Endgame.

That's what made me love Warframe and why DE gets lots of my money.  If anyone's going to succeed, I want it to be them because they're not stuck in the box.

11 hours ago, Demisin said:

I have several prime warframes now, I've been playing for 30 days total, but I still don't feel like I've hit end-game, I mean, like I'm strong enough for it maybe? What should I be able to do to know if I'm good for the plains? I've been there and done the level 50 bounties, but I struggled a bit.

I've got Valkyr Prime, Oberon Prime, Nidus, Inaros, Nekros Prime and Chroma (which I try to git gud at). These I use frequently and feel good about/like. I like to use melee weapons and I'm excited for a Zaw weapon..

Any tips? I've done all main quests and some side quests except for Eidolon mains.

If you struggle at level 50, you are not even mid game.

End game can be divided into 3 parts

1. How powerfull you are :

-> you must be able to solo a lvl 110 sortie mission to prove you are worthy to call yourself end game.

2. Collection

-> you collect so much stuff till you think what to use today instead of what should i get next

3. Asthetic

-> your looks, fashion and colour. ( focus on this after 1 and 2 are done )

Most important is no 1. to do this, your frame minimum need 2 forma, your weapon at least 2 forma each.