Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First New Warframe

(XBOX)BiG Klepp9

Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new player and I have loved every second of playing so far. As the title states I'm looking to start playing a new warframe and was wanting some feedback from all of you in this great community. I'm currently playing volt and love him. I honestly find myself playing conclave more than the missions but definitely enjoy both and ultimately find volt fun which is all I care about.

I mainly like the feel of casting the lightning strike and it's usefulness for groups in missions and single targets in conclave. With that said I would love to be able to try out the frames instead of asking a question I'm guessing is common but due to the nature of acquiring them it's not as easy as that.

To narrow it down I'm leaning towards oberon, nezha, sayrn and hydroid in no order.

Thoughts? 

Thanks for reading!

Of the 4 you have mentioned, I like Oberon the most. If you like supporting your teammates, he's quite good at it (yes, I know there are other frames that do what he does better, but still). Post-rework he is a tank in his own right (though having his Phoenix Renewal augment helps greatly) and has decent crowd control. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Of the 4 you have mentioned, I like Oberon the most. If you like supporting your teammates, he's quite good at it (yes, I know there are other frames that do what he does better, but still). Post-rework he is a tank in his own right (though having his Phoenix Renewal augment helps greatly) and has decent crowd control. 

oberon has my vote , very well rounded 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Mr_Fish10165 said:

Try getting a Frost, because it’s a very good frame that can get you endgame.

dont do conclave because that doesn’t help you progress at all, Oberon and Nezha are the most accessible, and easier to get on you list

If he enjoys playing conclave, why shouldn't he?  You might not find the conclave to be rewarding (and I'd agree with you!) but if he's enjoying it, that's reward in itself!  It's not getting him the resources and gear that PvE does, but PvP is fun in it's own right for some.

I would suggest OP, that you refrain from buying any non-prime warframes with plat.  They're all easy to acquire for free by just playing the PvE side of the game.  You can always get more warframe slots from the market, so pick a warframe that matches up with a playstyle you like and build that one next.  All that aside, I will agree with the above post that Frost is extremely helpful for playing higher level missions, and he'll come in handy.  From those you listed, Nezha is the easiest to get since you just need to join a clan with him researched and buy the parts.  

tl;dr: Don't pigeon hole yourself into choosing between only two warframes!  Spending plat on more warframe and weapon slots is widely accepted to be the wisest plat purchase from the market.

Edited by (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13

Well, Nezha is available from Clan Research in the Tenno Lab, so he would be the quickest one of the four mentioned to collect. He has a neat kit and can be fun as well.

Oberon, can be collected passively by engaging Eximus, but could take a while on lower level nodes. And he got a really nice update recently, much more fun now.

Hydroid is stuck behing Vey Hek, and Saryn behind Kela. Though the Primes are likely easier and available through Trade and Relic hunts.

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BiG Klepp9 said:

To narrow it down I'm leaning towards oberon, nezha, sayrn and hydroid in no order.

I'd lean towards Oberon or Nezha.

Nezha's built mostly for mobility, with a decent amount bit of crowd control / healing / defense sprinkled in.
Oberon's built mostly for proc mitigation and healing yourself and allies (but NOT objectives like terminals/cryopods), with a decent amount of crowd control / defense sprinkled in.

Both are pretty decent as all-rounders, although Oberon can be a bit energy-hungry and Nezha can be very squishy once Warding Halo is down.

Personally, I'd recommend something like Frost (for defensive gameplay) or Rhino (a simple but exceedingly reliable all-rounder).

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

If he enjoys playing conclave, why shouldn't he?  You might not find the conclave to be rewarding (and I'd agree with you!) but if he's enjoying it, that's reward in itself!  It's not getting him the resources and gear that PvE does, but PvP is fun in it's own right for some.

I would suggest OP, that you refrain from buying any non-prime warframes with plat.  They're all easy to acquire for free by just playing the PvE side of the game.  You can always get more warframe slots from the market, so pick a warframe that matches up with a playstyle you like and build that one next.  All that aside, I will agree with the above post that Frost is extremely helpful for playing higher level missions, and he'll come in handy.  From those you listed, Nezha is the easiest to get since you just need to join a clan with him researched and buy the parts.  

tl;dr: Don't pigeon hole yourself into choosing between only two warframes!  Spending plat on more warframe and weapon slots is widely accepted to be the wisest plat purchase from the market.

Yeah, I just think it’s not very productive. Maybe I’m way too impatient?