Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A problem with Magnetize vs bombard rocket

yles9056

From what I remember, old Magnetize, or Bullet Attractor, can protect Mag from bombard rocket. The rocket and its AoE won't deal any damage to players once it enters the bubble. But it's not the case now.

I tested in simulacrum and realized that the rocket still collide with players after entering the bubble, and the AoE explosion in totally unaffected by the bubble(it still do a lot of damage when it explodes in the bubble). Also, Magnetize either can't change the direction of the rocket or have little effect on it.

I hope DE can take a look at this. Mag's survivability heavily depends on Magnetize.

Edited by yles9056

10 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Its the same for all projectiles. even grineer hitscan ones. You should stand on the other side of the bubble. not in it.

I don't think so, hitscan bullets are almost impossible to damage players inside the bubble from my experience.

I can cast Magnetize on a heavy gunner and take a selfie with her while surrounded by dozens of grineer. No problem at all as long as she doesn't melee me.

Edited by yles9056

1 hour ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Its the same for all projectiles. even grineer hitscan ones. You should stand on the other side of the bubble. not in it.

Not hitscan weapons, because they don't have a physical route to their target, only a programmed route, thus when in a magnetize, the programmed route goes directly back to the target himself from his weapon. This is why magnetize works very well with hitscan weapons while Zephyr does not, because with magnetize, hitscan weapons have a target, thereby removing the danger of the shot, while zephyr Turbulence only deflects it, causing the hitscan programmed route to go haywire and cause those bullet streams that can still hit you in turbulence if you walk into them, because those bullet streams are the reprogrammed route for the hitscan caused by the turbulence and unlike projectiles, they cannot be readjusted by turbulence moving until the grineer reloads or lows his/her aim. If the AI aim wasn't so bad and the gorgon didn't have horrible accuracy, zephyr would be in serious danger. It's probably why she's due for a rework. Anyways, I tell you all that so that maybe I can teach you a little bit about hitscan mechanics and help you understand the game a little better.

But yes, all projectiles are still a danger, even when you're inside the bubble because their redirected path goes to the center of the bubble, so if your body is standing in the direction of that route, you're screwed. AoE ignores bubble mechanics completely, even ignoring the build up of damage from absorbing and DoT. Keep in mind that you CAN get hit by a hitscan projectile, but a few things need to happen for you to do so. A, The shooting enemy is outside the bubble shooting at you and you're standing perfectly between him/her and the magnetized target. This barely happens and if you see an enemy shooting at you, simply getting to a diagonal position to both the magnetize center and shooter will keep you safe. B. You are inside the bubble, basically humping the target himself and he decides to shoot you instead of melee you. This also rarely happen because at that range, targets tend to slam the ground or throw an elbow. In order to get hit from the hitscan projectile, you need to be standing inside the gun barrel, meaning you are standing between the end of the gun and the target himself. Why would you do this? Beats me, but that is how to can take a shot from a hitscan weapon inside a magnetize bubbles, because now, the you're in between the route of the programmed shot and the target himself.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044