Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bannable by using Rivatuner or MSI Afterbuner

EugeneTD

Hi everyone. First of all, English is my foreign language so I'm sorry if I make a lot of mistakes when writing.

I've read a post on Reddit about Rivatuner give better performance than V-Sync in-game system for locking framerate. When I encountered heavy effect display for a moment my framerate drop down below 30fps and V-Sync automatically lock my framerate at 30fps instead of 75fps (my monitor have 75Hz) so I decided to use Rivatuner to lock my framerate and turn off V-Sync in-game to avoid 30fps locking. But the Rivatuner has itself an "Application detection level" and give me hints "Some protected applications may treat executable code hooking required for proper application detection, statistics collection and On-Screen Display rendering as possible threat and refuse to run", this makes me confuse that am I getting banned by using this? I'm not using MSI Afterburner or any kind of resource monitor software, just Rivatuner to lock my framerate instead of V-Sync.

Hope I get an answer :). Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!

In a game like Warframe it's useless to use the fps locker. Since the game by default has a way to lock the fps to whatever you desire, it's in the display options menu, and will do the exact same thing as rivatuner. Besides it won't get you banned, I use it a lot for temperature monitoring. 

21 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

If something happens that causes your graphics card to be unable to draw more than 30 frames in a given second, no amount of third party software is going to make it magically show 75 frames instead.

I don't think that's his point. It seems his V-Sync (for some reason) doesn't have triple buffering. This kind of V-Sync AFAIK makes it so that if your frames are jumping everywhere, it reduces it to the nearest tens (idk if that makes sense). So for example if your FPS is 31-37, your frames will be hard locked to 30, If your FPS is 25-28, it locks it to 20. An FPS limiter just caps your FPS so it won't get higher than what you set it to.

46 minutes ago, KarkatPrimeAngel said:

In a game like Warframe it's useless to use the fps locker. Since the game by default has a way to lock the fps to whatever you desire, it's in the display options menu, and will do the exact same thing as rivatuner. Besides it won't get you banned, I use it a lot for temperature monitoring. 

Not necessarily, If I use the in game FPS cap I still get screen splitting, I need to use my cards fps cap (ATI) to avoid screen splitting.

Edited by Carnage2K4

2 hours ago, Bean2304 said:

I'm not using MSI Afterburner or any kind of resource monitor software, just Rivatuner to lock my framerate instead of V-Sync.

Genuine question (not trolling): What's wrong with using MSI Afterburner? Several years ago I used it as video capture tool, simply because it was so lightweight even my old wooden laptop couldn't tell a difference when it was on.

1 minute ago, saradonin said:

Genuine question (not trolling): What's wrong with using MSI Afterburner? Several years ago I used it as video capture tool, simply because it was so lightweight even my old wooden laptop couldn't tell a difference when it was on.

I see nothing wrong with it, beside your motherboard's bios, it's a really great overcloking tool for your GPU.