The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26Th - 29Th July Event Ending Shorty Thread Merger

Alohoe

Every other event has ended at the time that was stipulated. It has never ended EARLY. That is why. 

People expect consistency, and warning if the status quo changes. It IS on DE to inform if that changes. If you're making your playerbase guess what what you're doing, you're doing it wrong.

do you not understand UNTIL? it doesnt say the event will be up UNTIL the 29th it said we HAVE UNTIL the 29th to complete.

its not a set length for the event its a set length we have to complete it before something bad happens, we finished early and people that didn't participate dont get anything simple really it is

Fusion moa Event Ended early

you got denied

No, it didn't. It kept going. After the bar finished, you could still kill and get credit. My roommate didn't participate till way after the bar was finished.

You got... denied... more? 

Sorry that i dont have the same time as you people do. My parents are rebuilding the fence around our house so i had very little free time. No reason to get mad about me wanting to continue playing the missions. F***, i'd be fine with just being able to continue on an already victory claimed vessel.

do you not understand UNTIL? it doesnt say the event will be up UNTIL the 29th it said we HAVE UNTIL the 29th to complete.

its not a set length for the event its a set length we have to complete it before something bad happens, we finished early and people that didn't participate dont get anything simple really it is

Here, I'll post it again

There is no misreading.

Those of you pointing at the UNTIL and going 'LOLREADBROS' are being silly. Every event has been x until z. Thats just it. You have until Z. After Z, you don't get to do it. That is all that it means. That is all it has meant the other events which did not end until their respective Z's. Stop trying to assign more meaning to a sentence that is not specific at all in the sense of 'early ending'. It implies NOTHING about that.

Just like the other events. DESPITE the bars reaching 100%, and it being "done" IT STILL CONTINUED because you had UNTIL Z. Jeeeeeesus

Edited by Odjit

There is no misreading.

Those of you pointing at the UNTIL and going 'LOLREADBROS' are being silly. Every event has been x until z. Thats just it. You have until Z. After Z, you don't get to do it. That is all that it means. That is all it has meant the other events which did not end until their respective Z's. Stop trying to assign more meaning to a sentence that is not specific at all in the sense of 'early ending'. It implies NOTHING about that.

So because PRIOR events had specific times this one has too?

Hah.

No, it didn't. It kept going. After the bar finished, you could still kill and get credit. My roommate didn't participate till way after the bar was finished.

You got... denied... more? 

No you cant deny me

he said no other event ended early

but another one did so i denied him

And the Fusion moa event ended early Then DE made their move and gave a chance to those who didnt complete it to....complete it

But the Event ENDED the Exact moment it reached 100% AND IT HAD A BIG &#! "COMPLETED" Text on the operation thingy

you got inversedenied :D

Sorry about that all-caps, was immature in hindsight but I felt relieved after typing it out like that.

You may have felt better, but consider that the nature of an OP can influence the nature of the replies. Something more. . . considered might not have had so much hate. I could be wrong, but it's something to consider.

Also, consider that 'typing out' the caps, and actually *posting* the caps are two different things. You probably didn't need to post this to get the catharsis :)

So because PRIOR events had specific times this one has too?

Hah.

Like I said, if the status quo is changed, they need to TELL people that. Keeping the playerbase in the dark about it is bad organization and bad event design/announcement.

Here, I'll post it again

There is no misreading.

Just like the other events. DESPITE the bars reaching 100%, and it being "done" IT STILL CONTINUED because you had UNTIL Z. Jeeeeeesus

its not anyones fault but your own you dont understand what they posted it was an ultimatum as someone else put it. You have until this date to do this if it isnt done then you get punished. it did not say the event will be going till x date do as much as you can. It did say you have until x date to finish or else. not my fault you lack the ability to understand simple english

Like I said, if the status quo is changed, they need to TELL people that. Keeping the playerbase in the dark about it is bad organization and bad event design/announcement.

Why? Why do they have to go out their way to paint a giant sign saying "UNTILL THE 29th"?

Now I know some people here are slow, but c'mon don't lump everyone into that category. A lot of us can actually read and deduct from what's said.

No you cant deny me

he said no other event ended early

but another one did so i denied him

And the Fusion moa event ended early Then DE made their move and gave a chance to those who didnt complete it to....complete it

But the Event ENDED the Exact moment it reached 100% AND IT HAD A BIG &#! "COMPLETED" Text on the operation thingy

you got inversedenied :D

Except with being not ended... it didn't end early, IT DID GO ON.

If anything, that only more cements the idea that people were not expecting an early end since they reversed that move before. Why would they make a mistake like that again? Beeeecause they like being dumb, apparently.

Except with being not ended... it didn't end early, IT DID GO ON.

If anything, that only more cements the idea that people were not expecting an early end since they reversed that move before. Why would they make a mistake like that again? Beeeecause they like being dumb, apparently.

Nononono it DID end EARLY the moment the bar reached 100% DE went on and said "WOHOOO COMPLETED ITS DONE NGJSNndjsgbakrG"

They gave a chance after the Event ENDED but that was an extra and it was quite nice, some people i know got their reward because of this and i was happy for them

The superduper Fact that it ended early cant be denied

do you understand the word until? DE posted correctly what was going to happen until does not mean its going to be up that long thats how long we have to finish before it bites us in the @ss, if we finish early well thats great ^^

Give me a break, if i have until the 29th to finish something then i should be allowed to do it, try harder to excuse DE.

Edited by RMSGM

It's a deadline....If you don't finish by the deadline...you pay for it. If you finish early the consequences are avoided early.

That's all there is to it...Not everyone is going to get what they wanted out of it,but you will get something at least.

Hell, I only got 53 points because I had other obligations. I'm completely ok with that. I had fun with what I could do,I knew going in I wasn't going to hit 250,and I don't care. I'll take my 2 mods,enjoy them,and get over not having as much time as I would have liked for more fun. There will be other events I DO have time for. There will be more time for fun later. I saw how fast the first three ships went down,I knew it would end early,I knew I was needed for real life events,and would miss most of the event. No big deal. I got more out of the event in the short time I had in it than anything DE could give as an award....

It completed early, however it did not END early. You're really trying to make it so that is the same, but it isn't. People were still able to keep at it after, until the stipulated date.

The completion thread itself stated "- It's not too late to participate... if you haven't participated yet, you still have until Monday 12pm EDT to kill some Fusion Moas in Europa and get the reward when the event ends! Not unlocked? Join a friend who has it unlocked!"

Right there, event not ended,

Triple quadrupled owned, biiiiitch

Fact is, it should have been

"You have until all X# of ships are destroyed, or risk failure by 12PM monday"

OH LOOK THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH CLEARER

Edited by Odjit

Having a hard cap to the possible number of points creates direct competition within the player base; wherein every time a person or group gains points it removes potential points from everyone else. Getting to 250 points should be, and was, easy for the average person. However, when there is a point cap (aka all ships destroyed) anyone who goes above and beyond 250 for the sake of clans or personal benefit is effectively crippling the remaining player's chances simply by playing.

Now obviously the intent was to go above and beyond 250, for clans it wouldn't make sense not to. That would mean the event was intrinsically designed to make players fight for points until reaching the goal. It could have been an oversight in planning, but I'm inclined to believe the event worked as intended. Sad for some, short-lived for others. Regardless, I highly doubt all 5 of these mods will be exclusive, likely another early access reward. Hopefully next event will explain things more clearly so there's less room for aftermath vitriol.

with this stupid mindframe u are saying DE should just give everyone mods for reward without having an event at all. U cant have an event without a goal or u wouldnt be able to finish it. it is now finished we met the goal. it is finshed.

Ok, you guys are missing the problem.  Yes, the objectives and stuff can be completed early, but the event is still technically going on.  The problem is that there is no longer a way to collect points.  I myself got lucky.  I finished my points early, but was planning on doing 100 the first day, 100 the second, and finishing with 50 on the third.  Had I not completed it on the second day, then I would be right there with "give us more stuff".  Hell, I still think that they should give us a chance, for those of us that missed it, and the chance to just play the mission, cause I found the 'sabotage/defense' hybrid pretty fun.