The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Zorens Worth Investing In?

Grandarex

Question

It's time for me to pick out a melee weapon and invest the sh** out of it!

So far, I've been using Dual Zorens since they essentially grant me flight. 

Even with slow warframes like Rhino and Frost, I was able to literally launch myself across the map thanks to these magical flying axes. 

But my question is, are they reliable and note worthy when it comes to... dealing damage with them?

If not, can you guys suggest me another weapon that's good for general combat and 'transportation' means?

Much thanks!

21 answers to this question

Dual Zorens and damage sadly do not go together. 

The best melee weapons for general combat tend to be the heavies, as charge attacks are so much better than normal attacks. Nevertheless, you can run with Dual Ethers or Fang (Prime) for half-decent damage and speed/transportation.

Dual Zorens and damage sadly do not go together. 

The best melee weapons for general combat tend to be the heavies, as charge attacks are so much better than normal attacks. Nevertheless, you can run with Dual Ethers or Fang (Prime) for half-decent damage and speed/transportation.

That is... disheartening to hear. Thank you for the info. 

I'll wait and see what others have to say about this.

They aren't just good for flight. They are quite lacking in damage, this is true, but they apply On-Hit effects like nothing else in this game. You may not be able to cut them all down with speed and ease...but with Zorens, those 30 Ancients that are clustered around that pod simply arent going anywhere. Stun lock FOR DAYS.

I've played over 500 hours, and the Zorens have always been my Backup plan. If something happens where my other weapons just arent getting the job done, Zorens are built to lock them for others to handle, Or to get me the eff out...Perfect Fight of Flight.

I'm getting some positive message for possible stun locking and some decent damage... so maybe its viable after all?

Do you guys have any recommended build for Dual Zoren? 

Absolutely do. Granted, this has had one forma dropped into it, but its still an amazing build to shoot for. Regular attacks have HUGE crit damage, and with this build, the charge attacks are faster than some regular attacks from other weapons.

http://imgur.com/YsuTDmP

Edit: HUGE damage in this case is scaled for the weapon....Unfortunately Zorens will never be heavy damage weapons. The best i've been able to do is one shot lvl 45s or so. Anything above that it will take some hacking on them.

Edited by Aigloblam

Absolutely do. Granted, this has had one forma dropped into it, but its still an amazing build to shoot for. Regular attacks have HUGE crit damage, and with this build, the charge attacks are faster than some regular attacks from other weapons.

http://imgur.com/YsuTDmP

Edit: HUGE damage in this case is scaled for the weapon....Unfortunately Zorens will never be heavy damage weapons. The best i've been able to do is one shot lvl 45s or so. Anything above that it will take some hacking on them.

It looks like what you have there is a charge-attack spam build.

According to the Wiki, charge attacks have actually lower critical hit chance (5%) than regular attack (25%). Weird. I know. 

Would you still recommend relying on crit damage of charge attacks even though the chances are pretty low?

It looks like what you have there is a charge-attack spam build.

According to the Wiki, charge attacks have actually lower critical hit chance (5%) than regular attack (25%). Weird. I know. 

Would you still recommend relying on crit damage of charge attacks even though the chances are pretty low?

Low only compared to its main attacks. I built this as a Hybrid, even though it seems to focus on charge, i use both charge and regular attacks all the time. The mods apply both to regular attacks and charge, so of all those mods i have on it, only two (Reflex Coil and Killing Blow) are targeted at charge attacks. If you wanted to make it just deal more damage, You could replace both of those with AP and Damage mods.

Don't bother with trying to invent crazy builds for them. Zorens just don't work as damage dealers.

I mean, if you're *totally fine* with an underperforming weapon they do, I guess. But then it wouldn't matter how crap a weapon is.

Don't bother with trying to invent crazy builds for them. Zorens just don't work as damage dealers.

I mean, if you're *totally fine* with an underperforming weapon they do, I guess. But then it wouldn't matter how crap a weapon is.

No, I've said repeatedly that they do not work as heavy damage dealers, thats no mystery to anyone.

If Damage is all he is looking for, He can check stats and thats all.

Damage isn't Everything.

Aww man. There's just no love for light/fast weapons from DE is there? 

But anyway, can any of you suggest me a fast melee weapon with decent damage? I know you can't really have everything but there... might be something out there!

Aww man. There's just no love for light/fast weapons from DE is there? 

But anyway, can any of you suggest me a fast melee weapon with decent damage? I know you can't really have everything but there... might be something out there!

Dual Ethers are pretty decent.

Nevertheless, you can run with Dual Ethers or Fang (Prime) for half-decent damage and speed/transportation.

Dual ethers would probably do fine. I don't have them just yet but two of my friends do. They both love them. I really love my scindo though. Although i will probably build dual zorens eventually just because they look awesome. I got the blueprints for them from a daily log in or something.

I really like Dual Cleavers, and their damage can be nearly on par with heavies. Zorens are a bit behind, largely because it's difficult to even click fast enough to take advantage of maxed Fury with them.

Anyway, these weapons aren't suited for charged attacks. Their normal attacks stun/stagger with every hit, and they have a huge critical chance and crit multipler. You probably do more damage, even to heavily armored opponents with normal attacks than with charge, as you can load up with more elemental damage and crit mods, attack faster, with the crits that happen every third attack bypassing armor anyway.

Simple fact:

Wanna go fast? chances are it will do fairly avaerage damage

Wanna be strong? chances are it will be fairly slow

your playstyle is the way to go and also keep in mind your warframe having a rihno equiped with fang would be an..... interesting combo

Simple fact:

Wanna go fast? chances are it will do fairly avaerage damage

Wanna be strong? chances are it will be fairly slow

your playstyle is the way to go and also keep in mind your warframe having a rihno equiped with fang would be an..... interesting combo

Thats why so many people like the Orthos. Its dead center of the slow-strong/fast-weak scale. And it has some sick animations.

Zorens fit my playstyle perfectly, which is why i absolutely love them. But i can easily see how others might totally hate them. Like Loki....I can't stand playing as loki, but its not that hes a bad frame, he just doesnt fit my play style.

Zorens are my go-to melee weapon almost everywhere (beside high lvl defenses where i no need their mobility feat but more dmg)

The dmg is kinda nice but defenetely not top, they can be used for stunlocking since they are hell fast + multi target.

Zorens are 'the must have' when you are leveling other stuff (in Kappa they 1 shot all but heavies) and when you need to do speed runs!