The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That "one" frame

skyfiredraco

1 minute ago, EmberStar said:

Mag, and Soma Prime.  I like Mag's design.  Simple, clean lines, and she came from the point where DE was still designing Warframes as though they were high-tech armor suits, and not independent constructs.  Soma Prime is just generally useful.  It's not game breaking powerful, and probably isn't a good choice for final Sortie or high level Endless missions.  I don't do sorties often, and gave up trying to solo Endless missions, and Soma Prime is "good enough."

Mag, see this guy knows what's up.

When I still played on console Oberon was my go-to frame because he was the only one I knew of that could heal. That was a few years ago, I was a terrible player that died a lot, and having only 4 revives per frame, per day at the time really made Oberon's healing appealing to me. Since moving to PC and starting over I somehow acquired a Rejuvenation aura mod so all my frames can self-heal over time, which means I end up playing a wider variety.

I keep a few frames around for specific tasks. Typically I run Frost Prime for Defense, Mobile Defense and Excavation, Oberon for survival, rescue and defection, and Excalibur is my junction-cheese frame. Blind, backstab, done.

I've run others though. Rhino was okay, but I'm not a fan of slow, tanky units. Nyx, I never could figure out. I mean, I knew what she was designed for but she just never 'worked' for me. Same with Banshee, though to be fair I ground her out for MR then scrapped her. Just started playing with Limbo, and I have Titania waiting as well.

In most cases though I still go back to Oberon. I spent so much time playing him on console that he's just my default if I cant think of a frame better suited to the mission I'm heading into.

Edited by Sentinel-14

For the longest time now probably Nyx Prime, as a support player in most games I play, it's just so satisfying to know that you're able to carry the team/squad completely indirectly, with no absurd damage values or heal values. Also, not everyone appreciates 1 person doing all the damage, and not everyone appreciates being immortal (I've seen some people get salty about Trin EV spamming etc before) but everyone can and always will be able to appreciate CC

Lately, Mag Prime, probably because she's just a straightforward frame. She might not be the best in all situations but she's pretty fun to run as for some reason.

Currently it's Atlas and Limbo. 

I absolutely adore one punch man Atlas. The sound effects, the rag dolls, the VFX and on easier missions I can just summon two rock golems and forget about the objective in say mobile defense. 

Limbo just makes solo play easy and fun as you can literally set your own pace for the game. Also makes levelling weapons easy by bypassing the green lasers for Corpus spy missions. 

Volt is the warframe I keep constantly return to.
He's decent at multiple roles (CC, dealing damage and providing cover with his shield, dashing from one point of the map to another relatively quickly), his looks remind me of travelling mages... last but not least, I have a certain fondness for thunderstorms o_o.
I only wish he was more suitable for sortie-level missions.