The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ammo Mods Ideas

silversponge

I've seen a lot of people moaning about these as a reward for the event as they take up slots in weapons that really require the highest dps possible and so I suggest that these new mods could be used as an aura or on sentinels which have lots of free slots and should have some sorts of buffs as they are followers/pets.

Just an idea.

No, they need to overhaul the ammo system in this game.  The new mods are a &!$$ poor attempt to band-aid a broken system. 

If I had to express my own feelings on the matter, I would say what you said, only politely.

(Actually, my own opinion is that ammo drops should be nixed, and all ammo should come from the market via ammo boxes. Something kind of like APB, but better.)

And if you arent using max ammo mods? What then?

You must not have had a problem with ammunition then?

Most of these are good suggestions but I still think utilising the sentinel for something other than just another gun would be a good idea as followers on games normally compliment and support the main character or in this case owner also my deathcube has lots of spare slots as there's only so many shield mods for sentinels in the game and the respawn mod doesn't take up much room. (Not sure why I ever bothered potatoing my cube too much space and nothing to do with it.)

then replace something else and deal with it

Actually, the best option is to not use the ammo mutator mods.  They're bad.  Better dps will give you better ammo economy so you're always better off just putting on some more damage.  They should have been sentinel mods.

Edited by Aggh

Indeed. The ammo mods were a prize, not the answer to some underlying problem. If you don't find them to be very useful, then you can at least have them as a trophy or something. Participation in the event wasn't mandatory.

I guess you would have preferred that everyone that didn't want the mods just not play and let a handful of systems get their resource drop rates halved. 

The mods were supposed to be an incentive for participating in the event, there's no reason DE couldn't have made them actually useful.  There's no way they didn't know that most people won't have a use for them.

Well, these mods don't even a half-useless as you say it. As for me, it was a call to unpack my Snipetron and buy a Vulkar blueprint. It will also help with such guns as boar (almost rendered useless with his low damage per shot), clan energy weapon (aside from lanka, suffers huge ammo problems), automatic pistols and other weapons like that. And this mod not even pricy to install - maxed out, it costs only 7 points. This mod is not about buffing your dps, it's about letting you go with burst guns, which already covering dps problems. Grab Dera, pack it with multishot, serration, AP and Speed Trigger, then try ti find something that will not melt (I know about huge falloff due to not posessing AP-base damage). Still, you will be watching at boxes flying, simply not giving you enough for any prolonged mission.