Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star - One Easy Change for Improvement

BlackCoMerc

So, by now we all know PS is as much an afterthought as the acronym implies: one mission, zero variation, for TWELVE DAYS.

Fortunately, I had an idea for how to make this perhaps the most fun event in Warframe history. Better still, it's an EASY fix:

Once a player runs the mission once, give them Operation Rep for each infested they kill on the Plains, in any mode, for the duration if the OP.

If you REALLY want to get people talking after that, do this:

Remove Operation ranks. Let Rep be a straight currency.

Add some Vandal parts and Wraith parts to the vendor. Or Puncture mods. Any good, rare loot items.

Create an exchange: Operation Rep for Cetus Rep option.

There. Done. Favorite event EVER.

So...what does the community think?

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

So, by now we all know PS is as much an afterthought as the acronym implies: one mission, zero variation, for TWELVE DAYS.

Fortunately, I had an idea for how to make this perhaps the most fun event in Warframe history. Better still, it's an EASY fix:

Once a player runs the mission once, give them Operation Rep for each infested they kill on the Plains, in any mode, for the duration if the OP.

If you REALLY want to get people talking after that, do this:

Remove Operation ranks. Let Rep be a straight currency.

Add some Vandal parts and Wraith parts to the vendor. Or Puncture mods. Any good, rare loot items.

Create an exchange: Operation Rep for Cetus Rep option.

There. Done. Favorite event EVER.

So...what does the community think?

No vandal rewards, increase cost of all operation currency, and increase infested spawn rate for mass killing of infested. Kind of like emptying the boil of "puss".

I think the problem with this event is how it is tied to bounties. Events are about testing game modes and trying new things. Copying the Ambulas Reborn rewards system into Cetus bounties is bland, unoriginal, and boring to say the least. We will see about this new boss in about 30 minutes when the research finishes.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I think the problem with this event is how it is tied to bounties. Events are about testing game modes and trying new things. Copying the Ambulas Reborn rewards system into Cetus bounties is bland, unoriginal, and boring to say the least. We will see about this new boss in about 30 minutes when the research finishes.

But see, this idea UNBINDS the open from the tired Bounties. It just let's us go play on the Plains, on our terms, and still participate.

DE has nothing to lose in doing this. This is ALREADY turning into the worst, least liked event in the games history.

Why not cut loose and try this?

3 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

But see, this idea UNBINDS the open from the tired Bounties. It just let's us go play on the Plains, on our terms, and still participate.

DE has nothing to lose in doing this. This is ALREADY turning into the worst, least liked event in the games history.

Why not cut loose and try this?

This event is already making it like every other syndicate. What you want to do is the equivalent of adding an Operation Plague Star Sigil that grants xp for killing and mission completion.

I am not saying your idea is bad, it is just uninteresting and doesn't solve the problem. The only reason this event is getting this much backlash is because it has an event title. If DE just released this as an average weekly update, no one would be as infuriated. 

Edited by --Q--Voltage

3 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

What you want to do is the equivalent of adding an Operation Plague Star Sigil that grants xp for killing and mission completion.

I for one am down for it...i only ran 3 bounties...and promptly got sick of it....i REALLY want the zaw rewards....but the SAME bounty set OVER and over for 80 odd runs (at around 10-15 minutes per run, depending on if archwing is used or not for the first 2 parts) is atrocious to say the least. This boil actually provided a good means of having infested in an open area and not just boring grineer over and over.

5 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

This event is already making it like every other syndicate. What you want to do is the equivalent of adding an Operation Plague Star Sigil that grants xp for killing and mission completion.

I am not saying your idea is bad, it is just uninteresting and doesn't solve the problem. The only reason this event is getting this much backlash is because it has an event title. If DE just released this as an average weekly update, no one would be as infuriated. 

I don't disagree with your overall assessment. Calling this an Event was... bad. And I don't think my mine is an end all solution.

But as a quick fix...it'll at least add a way to participate without grinding the single mission over and over.

3 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

I for one am down for it...i only ran 3 bounties...and promptly got sick of it....i REALLY want the zaw rewards....but the SAME bounty set OVER and over for 80 odd runs (at around 10-15 minutes per run, depending on if archwing is used or not for the first 2 parts) is atrocious to say the least. This boil actually provided a good means of having infested in an open area and not just boring grineer over and over.

Imagine open world Infested hunting, with new rewards. Do Bounties. Run Incursions. Explore PoE.

All while participating in an Op to clear infested, too. Play your way, and still be rewarded.

I think it would work.