The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star Grind "Fix"

Callback

The major problem with Operation: Plague Star is not necessarily the repetitive aspect to it.  Previous token-based operations had a fair deal of repetition to them too, but we were willing to push through it.  Why?  Because we were being constantly rewarded.  Every run got us tokens which were immediately exchangeable for rewards.

Then we have Plague Star.  The rewards we want are locked behind syndicate ranks.  71,000 standing put to waste simply unlocking the ability to purchase them.

This is the problem.  I get the idea of not wanting players to rush the best rewards and be done early, but there are other ways to ensure full participation instead of making their work feel worthless.

What if operation syndicates did not work quite like normal ones, so instead of consuming standing to rank up, the sacrifice was the main gate.  Each run of the operation would grant a token, as in previous operations, but these tokens would be the sacrifice needed to rank up.  This way, all the standing earned along the way could be freely spent on the lower tier rewards, while simultaneously unlocking the path to higher ones.

A band-aid fix to dampen the issues of the current operation would be to simply increase both standing gains and reward prices by 3-5x.  It takes emphasis off the rank-up costs for now, and lets us focus on the actual rewards.  It gets around the current operation and gives you time to prepare a better system before the next one releases.

Either way, the main point is that we are not happy with an event that makes us run it over 30 times with NO REWARD.  Being able to earn something along the way would make this a whole lot more bearable.  As it stands it just draws attention to how pointless of a grind it is.

Edited by Callback

..... Doing the misión 2 or 3 times per day you can max it .... Dont seems like something "insane" to achieve (a Lot of people are already at max rank in day 1 without Even use the catalyst)  . If people use the time and effort in the game instead of crying  .... 

And the rewards are really cheap .... A forma for 10 minutes of gameplay for example ...

18 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

..... Doing the misión 2 or 3 times per day you can max it .... Dont seems like something "insane" to achieve (a Lot of people are already at max rank in day 1 without Even use the catalyst)  . If people use the time and effort in the game instead of crying  .... 

And the rewards are really cheap .... A forma for 10 minutes of gameplay for example ...

The syndicate point requirements just plummeted to the ground an hour ago, while the thread was posted 3 hours ago, when reaching max rank to unlock infested zaw parts was 71k cost. This does still mean this thread is now irrelevant though.

Thank the stars for the patch too, now i can get this boring grindfest over with in 2 hours or less. If nothing else at least i won't burn out from the entire game rather than just Plains.

3 hours ago, Madotsuki said:

The syndicate point requirements just plummeted to the ground an hour ago, while the thread was posted 3 hours ago, when reaching max rank to unlock infested zaw parts was 71k cost. This does still mean this thread is now irrelevant though.

Thank the stars for the patch too, now i can get this boring grindfest over with in 2 hours or less. If nothing else at least i won't burn out from the entire game rather than just Plains.

Its pretty non sense the actual values .... you can finish this event in a 1 or 2 hours .... but seems DE dont like the event neither .

Personally I think the biggest problem with the event aside from the super long travel between legs of the bounty. Is the fact that they locked the most interesting part of the event (the whole boss fight) behind a 24hr clan research. So for the first 24hrs and pretty much everyones first impression.... there was a lot of noise and a lot of and I mean a lot of needless running but no climax.

Now that there is actually a boss fight at the end it's actually sorta almost gotten interesting and since they dropped the syndicate requirements to a reasonable level I'm actually sorta paying attention to it. 

Edit: Tho even with the fact that people can now actually trigger a boss. It still leaves anyone without a clan or with a clan that can't research the macguffin, pretty much out in the cold. Hoping that they rando into a bounty with someone who can.  

Edited by Oreades