The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Week after Poe, the new items

Fallen_Echo

So since weeks have passes since the poe update went live i would like to ask, what items we got what actually worth the insane farming?

I generally stopped caring about poe since the amount of grind showed into it but im curious what people think about.

Most of the system is too grindy for my taste and the costs are insane on certain items and resources, but i would like to see if there is anything there what makes people go like " S#&$ this was terrible but worth it"

I think at this point it is fair to say that POE's reception has been less than stellar. As for what items are worth the insane grind? (I refuse to use the word farm. Farmers don't have to pray to RNGsus that this time the crops they grew will be the ones they wanted.) The short answer is: absolutely none of them unless you want to do POE stuff, which so far has been pretty boring and unrewarding. You are better off doing sorties until you get a good riven you can sell for plat to buy Gara than to put up with a rather buggy and lengthy grind. They even throw in a potato and a frame slot. It's like they want to incentivize people to do it that way or something.

I am guessing the POE content focus tested much better with their potential east Asian playerbase. Because here in the west, this seems like quite the bait and switch. But I suppose DE knows which side their bread is buttered on: how could we possibly compete with a market that could feasibly reach the tens of millions?

The only thing good about POE I can say is that it is a proof of concept that DE is willing to commit to more ambitious projects with a higher production value. I can only hope they get back to their roots and put more effort into writing and game design in their next major undertaking. Unfortunately, while POE has Plenty of decent quality art assets, it is plagued by a wealth of bugs, half-baked game mechanics and spaghetti code as Warframe goes through some epic growing pains.

I really can't stress enough that I feel a severe loss of confidence in DE's grasp of what makes their game interesting. The world of games is saturated with Skinner boxes. The way forward is not to build a bigger, better box; it's to actually make the cycle feel challenging and enjoyable. THAT is what got me to sink thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into this game. They had fun gameplay and advancement that required skill. You didn't really need to grind much to experience new content, but you did anyway because it was fun and got you further in the main time sink: cores. Now you have to grind for Operator gear if you want to be able to fight Eidolons. That's right folks: POE has gear checks. Welcome to World of Warframe. There are blatant time sinks everywhere that have no reason to exist other than to waste time. I mean, maybe some people find the fishing fun, but a low grade time sink is all it is, nevermind that it clashes rather badly with the tone of Warframe. At least in the old grinds, you got to do them by playing Warframe rather than spending hours playing the fish slot machine.

Can anyone think of a good reason why I need to go fishing to be able to use my Archwing? And even if you could, why are Warframes forced to do it using stone-age technology? Couldn't mag just yoink all of the fish out at once? Yea, yea, that's too easy: but the disconnect between what would make sense and how things are is just continuing to grow at an astounding rate. It makes me certain that they don't care at all about coherence, writing, and quality world building. That saddens me. They don't even care what the words they use in written dialogue mean. Seriously though, peristalsis? Did someone just flip to a random page in a medical dictionary and point? I realize their misuse of words is nothing new, that's just the first one I actually rolled my eyes at. I mean, when you're not having fun playing Warframe, you start to notice all the little things. What base is Lotus interrogating all those capture targets at? We have a base? Warframe is just chock full of things that just kinda-sorta sound appropriate but don't hold up under scrutiny and seem more like placeholders in a beta than something you'd expect to see in a finished game. Oh, that's right. Carry on.

2 hours ago, RedRiot14 said:

(I refuse to use the word farm. Farmers don't have to pray to RNGsus that this time the crops they grew will be the ones they wanted.) 

#Triggered

As the son of a farmer, farmers DO have to pray that the crops they're growing are of a good quality when it comes to harvest.  There's a lot of "randomness" when it comes to nutrition, weeds, rain fall, harsh weather, insects, fungus, equipment malfunction, bad seed quality, etc.  While farmers know what they're planting, they don't know the QUALITY of the crops that they will harvest.  A bad hail storm can destroy an entire crop, wasting 10's or even 100's of thousands of dollars. 

Irrigation can help with lack of rain, but flooding is also a huge problem!  Too much rain in the Spring prevents planters from going out on time, meaning the harvest is pushed back and weeds get a stronger foothold.  If that goes on too long, the yield will greatly suffer.  

The list goes on.  Farming is VERY far from a sure thing, the amount of luck in farming is greatly underestimated by anyone who isn't a farmer.  

I realize this wasn't the purpose of your post, but your claim that farmers aren't at dependent on luck triggered me...

2 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

That is just an excuse. There is no such thing as beta no more. 

Wrong... Look at games like ARK and Subnautica, they are doing the same letting public play their games in beta and will finally release their game everone who contributed to the beta will have the full game. Warframe is similar in most aspects... yes it has finished aspects but the game itself is not completed. Proven by the fact that the main story line is not even completed

30 minutes ago, (Xbox One)UrticantAura420 said:

Wrong... Look at games like ARK and Subnautica, they are doing the same letting public play their games in beta and will finally release their game everone who contributed to the beta will have the full game. Warframe is similar in most aspects... yes it has finished aspects but the game itself is not completed. Proven by the fact that the main story line is not even completed

But that logic, any game can be considered beta. WoW could be considered the longest running beta game. Dunno how it didn't make to the Guiness Book yet. We are paying beta testers it seems. Back in the day, beta testers were paid to do the job.

Plus, there is a new trend now. Alpha is the new beta. I wonder what greek letter will devs use next to make excuses. 

Edited by Anthraxicus

12 hours ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

#Triggered

I never said farming wasn't hard or that yield wasn't an uncertain quantity. My main point is that when farmers put in work they have some control over what is produced from their labor.

To put it another way: Imagine putting in all that work and not knowing ahead of time what you were growing. Imagine if seed was only sold in mystery bags and you had to put all the work in before you finally know what you even planted.

13 hours ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

#Triggered

As the son of a farmer, farmers DO have to pray that the crops they're growing are of a good quality when it comes to harvest.  There's a lot of "randomness" when it comes to nutrition, weeds, rain fall, harsh weather, insects, fungus, equipment malfunction, bad seed quality, etc.  While farmers know what they're planting, they don't know the QUALITY of the crops that they will harvest.  A bad hail storm can destroy an entire crop, wasting 10's or even 100's of thousands of dollars. 

Irrigation can help with lack of rain, but flooding is also a huge problem!  Too much rain in the Spring prevents planters from going out on time, meaning the harvest is pushed back and weeds get a stronger foothold.  If that goes on too long, the yield will greatly suffer.  

The list goes on.  Farming is VERY far from a sure thing, the amount of luck in farming is greatly underestimated by anyone who isn't a farmer.  

I realize this wasn't the purpose of your post, but your claim that farmers aren't at dependent on luck triggered me...

Haha thank you, this was both funny and informative, despite being completely off topic.