Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time Costs Need Rethink?

V45H

I support the current crafting system 100% i love the way it works

although stuff like forma catalysts and reactors shouldn't take a full 12 to 24 hours

and i feel like there are 3 standard set times 12 hours 24 hours or 3 days

i agree with weapons taking 12 hours that's fine and frames taking 3days is fine aswell

but the forma and potatoes should take less than 12 hours i was thinking 3 to 5

because they are often used in other things such as weapons frames and the dojo

another thing is making the dual versions of weapons i dont care that it takes 2

but why dose it also cost an orikin cell and 12 more hours

i mean dose it really take my tenno that long to figure out how to hold a gun in each hand

that brings me to my old topic that got shot down for grammar to witch i can say

shove it.

but why cant we mix pistols why cant i use my lato vandal with say... a bronco prime?

or a vasto with.... another vasto.... this is a basic fundamental thing people

edit : Also, the platinum needed to finish it off should decrease with time

- The Nines Exile : clan warlord

Edited by V45H

Maybe the Orokin Cell is to convert one of the pistols into a left-handed version?

But yeah we should definitely be able to "mix and match"

Also, the platinum needed to finish it off should decrease with time

Maybe the Orokin Cell is to convert one of the pistols into a left-handed version?

But yeah we should definitely be able to "mix and match"

Also, the platinum needed to finish it off should decrease with time

the same way it does for dojo right?

because that is the same thing i was thinking ill add it to the main post

Edited by V45H

I think it's stupid. Tenno can singlehandedly blow up a ship. They're smart enough to have at one point crafted the Warframes, and to learn how to use them. They repurpose Grineer and Corpus technology like it's thier job. But "Oh.... Uhh, dual wielding? Uhh hang on... durrrrrp. Uh, no this goes in that hand... No not that one, the other one... ummm hang on I'll be right back!" (12 Hours Later) "THERE! DUAL WIELDING!"

That TOTALLY makes sense :p

I think it's stupid. Tenno can singlehandedly blow up a ship. They're smart enough to have at one point crafted the Warframes, and to learn how to use them. They repurpose Grineer and Corpus technology like it's thier job. But "Oh.... Uhh, dual wielding? Uhh hang on... durrrrrp. Uh, no this goes in that hand... No not that one, the other one... ummm hang on I'll be right back!" (12 Hours Later) "THERE! DUAL WIELDING!"

That TOTALLY makes sense :p

Well, I don't think it's the dual-wielding itself that they need the cell for; I would think it's so that one mod affects both guns or something.

On that note, it would be kinda cool to actually be able to modify each gun in dual wielding differently if you wanted though, but that might get a tad crazy.

Well, I don't think it's the dual-wielding itself that they need the cell for; I would think it's so that one mod affects both guns or something.

On that note, it would be kinda cool to actually be able to modify each gun in dual wielding differently if you wanted though, but that might get a tad crazy.

not entirely it would give me more reason to play and more micro management of mods instead of grinding to max out 1 set and swap it around to do F*** all else

Edited by V45H

why is it fine the way it is

explain.

Because with the proper time management skills, there are literally no problems aside from wait time with the current system. The only possible legitimate gripe you have is not being able to craft multiple copies of the same item at a time, and even that issue is circumvented with a bit of planning.

The only time you would need to craft multiple copies of something would be building two of a given handgun for creating a dual version, and you can easily solve that by following this order:

1. Build single version.

2. Start leveling single version.

3. About a day before you finish ranking the single version to 30, start building the second copy of the gun.

4. Claim the gun and begin building the dual version of the gun.

I can see maybe wanting to build multiple copies of Forma or an Orokin Catalyst/Reactor if you have a bunch of prints sitting around, but I think it's fine that we have to wait for multiple copies of those. Why? Because people who can't plan or don't have patience are then encouraged to spend a little platinum, either in the form of buying what they're trying to build or rushing the build. I can agree that rush costs should go down with time like in the Dojo, though.

DE has an excellent system going. Players who don't want to pay money can access an astounding amount of the game's content without needing to spend a single cent. They only need to exercise a bit of logical thinking and time management to obtain what they want in the most efficient manner possible. There's no hitch like items being impermanent, or breaking, or craft/upgrade failures, needing a resource that you have to pay to obtain, just less than if you were to buy the actual weapon... none of that crap. This is what the Free to Play model should strive to be. And yet you people still find 'reasons' to complain about it. It's a bit embarrassing.

The Foundry system is not there to meet all of your personal needs and expectations. It is not there to conform to your ideal image of a crafting system. It is there to perform the function of providing players a means of acquiring in-game content that they otherwise cannot or do not want to purchase, and encourage players to spend a small amount of money without forcing them to. And it fulfills that function perfectly.

Addressing the idea of being able to mod dual weapons separately... I think this would be interesting, but if each gun is going to function on an individual basis, then you would need to first implement a system for firing each gun independently. Otherwise there's no point to customizing one pistol differently from the other. You would also need two Orokin Catalysts following that logic, one for each gun.