Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scanning Threshcones on Xbox VS PS4

(PSN)ObiBinGinObi

When doing the Silver Grove Quest you are required to scan parts for “Apothics” to complete the quest. On PS4, you had to hunt them down and scan them manually. I started on Xbox One a few weeks ago to expand clan and help some friends to get started in the game. I purchased Helios to get a leg up on my codex and noticed he was scanning them AUTOMATICALLY with the “Investiagtor”mod equipped of course. But still... why is this a possibility on Xbox One and not on PS4? I must understand. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)gingryphon1913 said:

When doing the Silver Grove Quest you are required to scan parts for “Apothics” to complete the quest. On PS4, you had to hunt them down and scan them manually. I started on Xbox One a few weeks ago to expand clan and help some friends to get started in the game. I purchased Helios to get a leg up on my codex and noticed he was scanning them AUTOMATICALLY with the “Investiagtor”mod equipped of course. But still... why is this a possibility on Xbox One and not on PS4? I must understand. 

Helios only scans "Orange" things that you don't have the codex entry complete for.  If you had done Silver Grove as a newer player, and hadn't had the entries for the apothics complete, Helios would have scanned them for you.

But after so many entries they change from Orange to Green.  Helios never scans Green things so as to save your scanner charges. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

• 2 weeks later...

Helios definitely works on PS4, both before and after the Plains patch - a clanmate has been running a Helios for a while and I've personally been using a Helios Prime, no issues with scans not happening.

What rank is your Investigator mod?  Ranking this makes an enormous difference both in scan range (increases) and scan time (decreases).  Maybe you weren't staying in range long enough for the mod to kick in, or you had run out of codex scanner charges without realising (when first used, Helios chews through them like candy)?  Alternatively, like Iagrue said - if Helios had completed the codex entry, he'll ignore the plants, forcing you to scan manually anyway.

A related tip for you in case you're not aware of it - The "Cross Matrix Widget" from Cephalon Simaris rep upgrades the Synthesis scanner to have a chance (seemingly around 30% from my own experience) of resulting in an extra scan (and thus plant) if you use this scanner on them. If you're scanning manually anyway, although these are more expensive than basic codex scanners I found the extra plants awarded to offset the cost difference and significantly reduce the total time needed to hunt some of them down Helps immensely with this quest!

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

They are much cheaper once you install the Sol-Battery Widget.  Infinitely cheaper as long as you manually scan.

Also true - At the time I personally only had standing for one or the other, so bought the cross matrix widget first (since I still have a few hundred left from my initial purchase of them after unlocking Simaris, the Sol Battery widget hasn't been a priority).  I think I only ended up using something like 10-15 Synthesis scanners on the last few plants, and it gets you Simaris rep for doing so too!